What's new

IGN releases a 25-minute playthrough of the MKX Story Mode!

REYTHEGREAT

So Johnny Cage has the ability to combo after his x-ray, wtf. It wasn't shown but you can clearly tell. Shinnok showed some moves in the cinematic fight that i wonder if he will have once the game drops. Fujin looks good too. Overall this was

Atriox

Here... I am a god!
God fucking damnit, the cinematography is simply amazing. And is it just me or does the actual gameplay look a lot smoother? Like the animations. In any case, I'm so fucking ready for this!

EDIT: After watching this, Fujin just has to be the unlockable character... I mean, come on. If not that, he has to be DLC.

Shad

Magnificent ninja hairspray
Oh, man.

Twinge of pain in my chest to see Smoke just wearing a very slightly modified version of his MK9 alt. I was still holding out a little hope from the early descriptions that said he was wearing a bit of new stuff, but nope. Not at all. He straight-up looks like Noob in Deception with that black shade, haha

Oh, well. I guess I can rest easy, now. He had a good showing last time, and there's always next time. :)

Shinnok's got like 50% more Palpatine and 5% Frieza. Love those one-handed blocks. Stylin'!

"She called me Johnny". D'awww....