What's new

General/Other - D'Vorah Ideas for KP2 D'Vorah

Helter Skelter

CHIPPINGxTRAPPINGxZONING
I have a weird idea that would hopefully make D'Vorah more vesatile and more interesting.

The Variationless version of D'Vorah has a version of 'Bug Blast' and 'Double Big Blast' that hits MID. What would you thoughts be on her having that in every variation she has but assigned to DF2?

Then she would have a new move in Brood Mother to replace her DF1.
Using some already existing animations. She could use her crawler bug (exclusive to that variation) on her wrist to spew slime on the floor using Reptile's 'Acid Puddle' animation. It would have have the same hit properties/animation of when Shinnok hits you with his F3. This would cause Auto-Block on hit. The EX version would have the hit properties/animation of being hit with the bounce from Shinnok's B3. This would be combo-able. Both versions would hit MID and do 0% damage with little block stun.

Reasoning.. D'Vorah is a good rush down character but I think she would benefit from a better neutral game altogether. Even if the Bug Blasts were slow to come out it would still improve her screen presence.

Also, the Brood Mother variation is meant to be her screen control variation. I think she would benefit from actually manipulating how people approach her and also how she contains certain characters.

Please leave me with you thoughts in regards to the suggestions themselves and not "She doesn't need anything extra"

Regards.

Wiimas

Noob
Hm, it sounds like a good idea imo, and brood mother does need something extra to make it stand out amongst venomous, and brood mother which is easily her best variation. The only problem is that I don't think NR are trying to change characters this much, changing up moves, and adding new ones. I like the idea, but unfortunately, it doesn't seem likely.

stamatis

Όσα δε φτάνει η αλεπού. ........
She is getting a new skin,that's enough I think.
She is good the way she is,just need to explore more brood mother.

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
Huh, odd that she has that bug blast in variationless, I just assumed variationless didn't have one at all lol.

To be honest though it seems awfully slow in any capacity, seems easily low profile-able too, and I don't know if it would really bring anything to the table as is.

What if they used that variationless bug animation to construct some of kind of exclusive EX fast armored launcher in Brood Mother though? I don't know if that would help Brood Mother be Brood Mother, but NRS doesn't seem interested in helping it do whatever they envisioned anyway. But it would give more incentive to use the variation no?

colby4898

Special Forces Sonya Up-player
I think something brood mother should get the ability to delay the krawlers movemoent like kung lao ex low hat in buzzsaw.
A faster start up to krawler.
Projectile hits mid.
Change the hit stun from ex bug blast to be the same as ex ex bug blast.
I thikn that would be be enough to make her more viable.

Huh, odd that she has that bug blast in variationless, I just assumed variationless didn't have one at all lol.
That happens with a few characters actually, whereby if all three variations have different moves assigned to a particular command, the least 'distinctive' of them is assigned to variationless as well. Kitana has the same thing, where her variationless form has Square Wave Boost.

As for how to help Brood Mother, I reckon that EX Bug Blast should hit mid (but the regular version shouldn't), startup to Krawler needs to be reduced a tiny bit, and most importantly, after releasing Krawler, you have the option to spend a bar of meter to stop it in place, much like how Reptile does with his forceballs. It will stay in that spot until either it connnects with the opponent or you release a new Krawler.

Venomous is mostly fine, but they need to adjust it so that venom ticks don't scale so much when used in conjunction with Bug Spray. :)

colby4898

Special Forces Sonya Up-player
That happens with a few characters actually, whereby if all three variations have different moves assigned to a particular command, the least 'distinctive' of them is assigned to variationless as well. Kitana has the same thing, where her variationless form has Square Wave Boost.

As for how to help Brood Mother, I reckon that EX Bug Blast should hit mid (but the regular version shouldn't), startup to Krawler needs to be reduced a tiny bit, and most importantly, after releasing Krawler, you have the option to spend a bar of meter to stop it in place, much like how Reptile does with his forceballs. It will stay in that spot until either it connnects with the opponent or you release a new Krawler.

Venomous is mostly fine, but they need to adjust it so that venom ticks don't scale so much when used in conjunction with Bug Spray. :)
I feel like the hit box on krawler is too small that it would ever be worth spending a bar to stop it in place. Whereas wit hthe force ball and raidens projectile, its a mid with a large hit box that can be easily converted of off becasue it lauches. Krawlers small hit box and inability to launch to me would seem it would never be worth spending the bar. But no harm in having the option i guess.

TopTierHarley

Kytinn King

I agree, only ex bug blast should be a mid. On the point of Venomous, it really isn't fine, if her d3 was a low at least the opponent would have to respect her after getting hit with spray midscreen. Maybe let ex spray be slightly plus on block.

yowbah

Noob
that may sound weird but i really think that faster start up on u3 would be great, also they need to do something with ex db4, its viability is questionable as for me

TopTierHarley

Kytinn King
that may sound weird but i really think that faster start up on u3 would be great, also they need to do something with ex db4, its viability is questionable as for me
I actually think U3 is fine, you can U3 after a blocked d4 from Predator and punish his low laser. D'Vorah will never have armor :(

BigMilk

Former Divine Power Abuser
I would like Raiden's b11 string to be a viable mid and not whiff on any characters

KillaGthug4Life

Believe in Magic yet? Let us Dance
Omg, Swarm Queen D'vorah with a mid projectile ontop of insane pressure? I mean for the sake of making our character broken yes, but that'd be a bit... intense. Here's what I'd like to see for Brood Mother and Venomous:

Venomous
  • Ex Spray be -7 or so on block, I get it that in online our spray won't get punished, but It'd be nice to see Venomous be more viable in tournaments, exspray is negative but unpunishable. Make it so we can't vary how long we hold it for if need be.
  • Make EX Spray safer on block, but also do less chip, currently does 11%, maybe do more like 6-8%.
  • Spray on hit should be more plus so that the opponent can't simply back dash or armor through.
b12 can be EXed and lead to a combo. This variation could use a more damaging low starter. No ex puddle does not count..

With these corrections I think Venomous could actually be better at forcing the opponent into the corner with safer pressure and mixups on combo. B12 being EXed into a combo in the corner would allow her vortex to be considerably more deadly their and actually have the poison ticks play a far bigger role. Thoughts?

Brood Mother (most everything I have everyone has said)
  • Bug blast hits mid
  • Ex bug blast has no gap and is still +2 (will allow for pressure potential after f112)
  • Canceling with bug can happen quicker, therefore f11 BBC (Bug Blast Cancel) can more reliably combo into 212 on hit. More combo potential.
  • b12 can be meterburned for combo on hit. D'vorah's other variations last damaging low starters... this will fix that predicament.
  • crawler comes out quicker, 4 sec cool down not 5 sec, can be mb and stop on screen for a few seconds. CANNOT HAVE MORE THAN 2 CRAWLERS ON SCREEN AT A TIME.
Basically the biggest thing I'm pushing is the b12 meterburned into a combo. Her other variations really need a viable low starter and that's why they can suffer in matches. Venomous can do alright without it, but if anything give it to Broodmother because she could use it.

TopTierHarley

Kytinn King
which is slow as ass and literally useless against ~60% of the roster (not to count being able to cancel the bug, that's another thing)

with the new breaker system which takes away stamina after it d'vorah loses momentum so easily and has almost nothing to do without stamina
puddle

Omg, Swarm Queen D'vorah with a mid projectile ontop of insane pressure? I mean for the sake of making our character broken yes, but that'd be a bit... intense. Here's what I'd like to see for Brood Mother and Venomous:

Venomous
  • Ex Spray be -7 or so on block, I get it that in online our spray won't get punished, but It'd be nice to see Venomous be more viable in tournaments, exspray is negative but unpunishable. Make it so we can't vary how long we hold it for if need be.
  • Make EX Spray safer on block, but also do less chip, currently does 11%, maybe do more like 6-8%.
  • Spray on hit should be more plus so that the opponent can't simply back dash or armor through.
b12 can be EXed and lead to a combo. This variation could use a more damaging low starter. No ex puddle does not count..

With these corrections I think Venomous could actually be better at forcing the opponent into the corner with safer pressure and mixups on combo. B12 being EXed into a combo in the corner would allow her vortex to be considerably more deadly their and actually have the poison ticks play a far bigger role. Thoughts?

Brood Mother (most everything I have everyone has said)
  • Bug blast hits mid
  • Ex bug blast has no gap and is still +2 (will allow for pressure potential after f112)
  • Canceling with bug can happen quicker, therefore f11 BBC (Bug Blast Cancel) can more reliably combo into 212 on hit. More combo potential.
  • b12 can be meterburned for combo on hit. D'vorah's other variations last damaging low starters... this will fix that predicament.
  • crawler comes out quicker, 4 sec cool down not 5 sec, can be mb and stop on screen for a few seconds. CANNOT HAVE MORE THAN 2 CRAWLERS ON SCREEN AT A TIME.
Basically the biggest thing I'm pushing is the b12 meterburned into a combo. Her other variations really need a viable low starter and that's why they can suffer in matches. Venomous can do alright without it, but if anything give it to Broodmother because she could use it.
I like everything you wrote i really did. But Brood Mother can like f11bbc212 i do it

which is slow as ass and literally useless against ~60% of the roster (not to count being able to cancel the bug, that's another thing)

with the new breaker system which takes away stamina after it d'vorah loses momentum so easily and has almost nothing to do without stamina
Dash, walk, f22 swarm, d4 swarm, jump... F11 ex bug.. I mean come on