What's new

General/Other - Kotal Kahn I swore I would never do this again...

How do you pick your main?...and be honest!

• Who looks and feels the most badass from the early footage

Votes: 26 47.3%
  • Sound effects are key, which ever character has the best sound is who i main

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • A combination of both of the above

Votes: 17 30.9%
  • I take every character into practice mode and try to find the top tier characters before I decide

Votes: 11 20.0%

• Total voters

Montanx

Thats why they call this thing bloodsport, kid.
I need to try them all to find the comfort zones. I need characters who are easy to quickly make decisions with. I pick a handful of possibles and see wich ones feel the best and who has the tools to suit my play style.

eNARV

Capital Punishment
I Always take all the characters into practice mode, in the story, and see who fits my style the most and is fun for me. MK9: game came out i played kung lao=easy to pick up and was hella good. BUT as i used more chars I fell in love with Jax and Kabal AND stryker surprisingly lol and ARE NOW my mines and NEVER woulda thought to be. Same goes with solomon Grundy and Green Lantern , NEVER woulda thought for them to be my mains.

REYTHEGREAT

If they have a hat, I main.

Ok just kidding but i take all of them to practice mode and get a feel for them. Movements, combos. mix ups and keep away. I like characters that can zone and apply a good pressure game too.

i really like Kotal, but my only issue is how can he deal with zoners and faster characters?

Im super late to this thread but to answer one of your questions I think you can combo into his totems.
At about 1:03 and 2:30 in this video he combos into his crystal totem.
Its a pretty old video but would be awesome if you could still combo into them.
P.S. the videos in German but from what I can tell the commentators dont know anything about fighting games so you're not gonna miss anything :confused:

I think I have picked my main before the games launch. Still with characters to be released, I have done it again and know who I am going to pick out the gate.

Other contenders are:

2) Raiden
3) Sub Zero
4) maybe a new character I don't know yet
you have a good taste sir, this is exactly my list except i have raiden #1 and kotal #2