What's new

Tech How to link a Jump Punch into XRAYS

Zyphox

What is going on guys, Ya Boi Zyphox here.
Jax and Kano too.
yeah but atleast they have a better chance at landing their xray especially kano online, that shit is deceptively fast.

check would you know what other things activate cages xray? like for example kabals ndc without actually attacking? stance changes?

yeah but atleast they have a better chance at landing their xray especially kano online, that shit is deceptively fast.

check would you know what other things activate cages xray? like for example kabals ndc without actually attacking? stance changes?
indeed, i have been hit more times with it then not. why i fall for it everytime, is beyond me.

nothing comes to mind. maybe sonyas xray?

zaf

professor
Yea actually, now that i think of it, Ermac can just do jp~b2, hold 2, dash back then lift. So yea.

Still though, you're welcome zaf
I think i have seen J360 do something similar with sektor's u4 cancel.

and never thought about doing it with ermac like that , didnt know lol. Thanks!

DoctrineDark

Too little, too late...
Air Cancels in MK9

This is just an example to show what this glitch is causing. It is leftover data from MKDC and MKA (yes this was in MKDC as well). Where pressing buttons while in the air will cause you to drop to the ground faster.

In MKA, when your jumpkick was blocked, you could mash 3 or 4 to make yourself drop sooner.
Same as MKDC with blocked UP2 or UP1

I used Jax as the example because of the noticable loft in the air after his air throw. This clearly sends the message that he is dropping much faster.

In MK9, this can be used after blocked jump in punches, to further apply pressure. JP~ac, JP~ac, etc

Hope you all enjoy.

DoctrineDark - You can do a divekick on the ground after a JP?

FOREVER KING I dont understand what to do :(
Sorry man I was playing online for hours :D, I achieved combine several times jip + xray when my opponent had breaker LOOL

Yes, same thing happens with sonya, I try this some time ago with all the characters had dive kicks and air throws or air specials, so I discovered the glitch to leave some characters in the air, (The glitch works with all characters we have air throw, I tested first in the ground and then in air with JIP, JIK and NJP) in the case of jax I explore a bit the same as show in your vid trying to connect xray for example, but one of the interesting properties is also appear behind the character. With sonya even sometimes happens with a little glitch, his dive kick stuck in the ground for a moment and slides: groud jk + dive kick as down as possible.

Another glitch is U + Throw, the character's take off feet of the ground and connect the throw but for now I did not could find any utility.

GrandMasterson

The Netherrealm beckons
Does this have something to do with how NRS patched out free throw attempts after a blocked jump punch once upon a time? You only get huge block advantage from a jump punch if you immediately cancel it into a normal. But if you just do a naked jump punch and your opponent blocks it, you barely get a fraction of the block advantage you would have if you had cancelled into a normal.

Whatever, this is a great find. Another small step for x-ray advantage.

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
Only you would find this Check lol. Thanks again for your hard work :)

Great, another thing that stick players can't do that pad players can with their shortcut buttons.

Seriously NRS, fix it so there are no differences between the shortcut buttons and pressing the actual buttons used to do the move. If you don't know what I am talking about, try to do a forward dash and throw with Mileena or Cyber Sub using 1+3, then try it with your precious "throw" button. SMH

I hope this isn't a problem in Injustice ... colt hecterrific ^^
Kawnkah pls. Us pad players can't jump while pressing the auto-switch stance button, how are we ever gonna hit confirm tu fooor speen you spoiled brat. ;_;

Joking aside, yeah, this game has some really wonky input programming..

NYCj360

i Use a modded cyber now
CSZ has something similar as to where you can jump in punch and dive kick to the point where the dive kick completely whiffs and slides against the character as if its invincible. And you land quickly for pressure.

Flagg

Noob
just tried out sonya's divekick~4~xray and it is very easy to do. you just tap 4 on your first landing frame.

40%! very nice!

shall i record it? let me know :)
It's amazing no one has thought of stuff like this sooner when it's such a brilliant, yet simple tactic.

It's amazing no one has thought of stuff like this sooner when it's such a brilliant, yet simple tactic.
i just wish you could do specials as well! having just xray is one tactic. also, it can be difficult to perform sometimes.

always looking to inspire players to get better.

Sonya's divekick combo also works with 3

Timing her jp~xray is awkward as hell. She has this delay when she lands. Probably ties in with her air throw.

This game..... :(

NYCj360

i Use a modded cyber now
For Sonya's try dk 4 x-ray for 40% pure unbreakable damage.
I was told about that last year from BoysBoysBoys. Blake knows it as well.
Just press 4 as fast as possible so it won't come out.
yea i remember this when reo was doing it to me a long time ago when he played sonya.

Check ill get it up but its not to the extent of this cancellation, he hits the ground faster and its considered a special cancel so i dont know exactly how much advantage he has. He cannot combo after the dive kick

NYCj360

i Use a modded cyber now
i just wish you could do specials as well! having just xray is one tactic. also, it can be difficult to perform sometimes.

always looking to inspire players to get better.
It works with sektor and ermac so far, sektors jip up3 flamethrower connects. And the same with ermac jip b2 cancel push/lift. It might be the same for johnny, it seems to only work with normal stances that arent considered specials (like military stance is a special stance).

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
Air Cancels in MK9

This is just an example to show what this glitch is causing. It is leftover data from MKDC and MKA (yes this was in MKDC as well). Where pressing buttons while in the air will cause you to drop to the ground faster.

In MKA, when your jumpkick was blocked, you could mash 3 or 4 to make yourself drop sooner.
Same as MKDC with blocked UP2 or UP1

I used Jax as the example because of the noticable loft in the air after his air throw. This clearly sends the message that he is dropping much faster.

In MK9, this can be used after blocked jump in punches, to further apply pressure. JP~ac, JP~ac, etc

Hope you all enjoy.
EGP_TYRANT

Check would it be possible for you to make a video with narration explaining exactly what is going on here? And what kara cancels are for people like me that don't know?

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
After trying it for myself, this works with a stick and 3+4+block to do Xray.

I apologize for my salt in my post on the first page ^_^ ... but my complaint stands about the issue with the preset buttons.