What's new

How to fight against Cage - Offense and Frames breakdown

Random advantage isn't actually more block stun. It's this weird animation you get when you let go of block crouch blocking F3. You can cancel this animation with an attack move.

Spirit Guide

Friend Gang
Thanks for the informational video!

Edit: Can someone tell me how to execute Cage's 2-1-F2... then follow up with what kind of kicks and the nut punch? I thought it was dash 44 then nut punch but I can never get the nut punch to connect when I do this. It's hard enough for me to dash in and connect the 44 (I play online).

REO

Undead
Thanks for the informational video!

Edit: Can someone tell me how to execute Cage's 2-1-F2... then follow up with what kind of kicks and the nut punch? I thought it was dash 44 then nut punch but I can never get the nut punch to connect when I do this. It's hard enough for me to dash in and connect the 44 (I play online).
Just do f+3, f+3~nutpunch.

Killphil

A prop on the stage of life.
OH HELL YEA! I'm going to have to look at this tomorrow after work. Fuckin' Johnny.....

REO

Undead
Random advantage isn't actually more block stun. It's this weird animation you get when you let go of block crouch blocking F3. You can cancel this animation with an attack move.
I think you can cancel that animation with an attack only after the 3rd frame. Which means it still gives advantage. Testing this is so sketchy.

I've asked Somberness whether transitioning from standing to crouching adds extra start up frames to low pokes (IE if going from high block to d1 will take more than 6 frames). He's confirmed that it will not. This most likely carries over to the random advantage animation.

miloPKL

soundcloud.com/pukelization
maaaaaaaaaaaaaaan... i wish i could make vids and threads like this still. fuckin MK community..

good shit reo
yeah, so do we.

speaking of, when does the court withdraw that AVO between yourself and the community?

Somberness

Lights
I think you can cancel that animation with an attack only after the 3rd frame. Which means it still gives advantage. Testing this is so sketchy.
Nah, it should be immediately. Should be, because you can't tell if the bug occurred if you do it on the first frame. But, it does on the 2nd so I don't see why it wouldn't.

More vids.

never lol. I tried to make a thread a few days ago. trolled in seconds so i removed it lmao.
Can you make a video or thread on Frame Data, I understand it to an extent but some players don't! There's a comment on REO's Youtube video about some guy not getting it Lol. I think you need to break it down, first. REO, you should too, since you're the new Tom Brady video guy.

If I just give you a pie and tell you to make it, you wouldn't know how to make a pie.

Can you make a video or thread on Frame Data, I understand it to an extent but some players don't! There's a comment on REO's Youtube video about some guy not getting it Lol. I think you need to break it down, first. REO, you should too, since you're the new Tom Brady video guy.

If I just give you a pie and tell you to make it, you wouldn't know how to make a pie.
have reo do it. if i do it the thread will be trolled to no end.