What's new

Guide - Full Auto How to deal with Full Auto Jacqui

E

Eldriken

Errons armored slide shuts jacqui down pretty fast. So does all well-calculated armored maneuvers.
Slides (armored or not) really do blow her up. A full-screen regular slide won't travel far enough, however. But an enhanced slide surely does the trick.

Here's the thing. When ppl finally understand how to play, they'll see jacqui as jax's garbage. Sam with cage's daughter. I think takeda, kung jin._anyone who can mix face to face attacks the best will be high/top tier. A good mixer with teleport capabilities will be great. My 2 cents.

xQUANTUMx

Twitter: @xxQUANTUM
lol I started d4'ing her gunshots the first second I started playing against her (good friend of mine uses her), same way people duck projectiles in mk9. I don't get it either. She's really good, but not broke as F$%K.

Saboteur-6

Filthy Casual
Ex TeleKick says thanks for the full combo punish.

Seriously though I hope NRS learned their lesson about nerfing shit so early with Injustice. Fixing something that's not working as intended is one thing. Outright nerfing something because people whine is reactive pacifying at it's worst. It drives me nuts.

If you can't hit a 3-pointer in basketball, you can't petition the NBA to lower the rim or shorten the 3-point line. You have to get better as a player.

Wetdoba

All too easy...
As Ferra/Torr Vicious from fullscreen, I would also consider blocking the shots and reverse them with Bowl Girl (Ferra slide - 9% damage). That is because on block the shots are -9. After Bowl Girl hits, I would dash in to close distance and speed up Ferra recovery, then go for Boss Toss :D
For whatever stupid reason NRS came up with Jaquis guns dont count as a projectile so we cant boss toss through them. Errons and Cassies guns are projectiles that can get eaten by boss toss but not Jaquis multhitting ones she can meterburn on delay because reasons. also when we get hit Ferra loses her hitbox so trading once is as good of a situation as we can get and then once we do trade we lose access to all our best attacks.

Man,don't waste your breathe trying to explain fg basics to this community. They don't want to get better, they just want to be coddled.its better if you just ignore the people who cry about how "dishonorable" throws and and just practice your tick throws.

Get your secondary character polished up, cuz those nerfs are coming. Nrs always greeses the squeaky wheel.

Breakin Wordzz

Best Rengar NA, also ares of world
I don't know I just made this video for a guy who was saying there's absolutely nothing Goro can do against handgun spamming.

I thought I'd just leave it there so that other new guys who think the same can see that it's easier than it looks.
fair enough, it does remind me of kabal walk duck walk duck which we all know was retardly good tho.

TheIrishFGCguy

Pew pew pew
I actually can't read the tweets underneath. They're so fucking annoying. FUCKING SCRUBS AHHHHHHHHHHHHH

"Fucking fix this. She is so fucking spammable. I'm over it"

"Yeah same thing happens when I fight Liu Kang. It freaking sucks."

"Yeah that move is dumb"

NRS please, DO NOT LISTEN TO BAD PLAYERS. This is what ultimately ruined MK9 and Injustice.

Last edited:
Due to complaints, I figured I'd give some insight on how to deal with this character's "broken/OP" Full Auto variation.

A) You don't have to block the guns, you can simply duck. Just be wary of her enhancing it which causes her to shoot two missiles that hit as a mid.

B) Inch forward after applying A to your strategy.

C) You CAN jump over the gunfire and hit her during its animation. You just need to take your lazy ass(es) to Practice and find the sweet spot. Apply A and B accordingly to do so. I don't know if a ji1 or ji2 will work, but I know ji3/ji4 work.

D) Apply pressure after knocking Jacqui on her ass after properly applying A, B and C. Jacqui's wakeups are all bad, even when they're enhanced. They all lead to a full combo punish on block.

E) Don't jump if she's not shooting. If the player is good and has good reactions, she can hit you with an Up Rocket which can lead to a full combo punish or more pew pew pew from her hand cannon.

And there you have it! Full Auto Jacqui isn't this über broken character anymore!
Offline she isnt as hard but with online delays she becomes anoying, it dependes on who you are fighting, if the match is laggy its very hard to do so

Parnak

Fight me as you will yet you can never hope to win
For whatever stupid reason NRS came up with Jaquis guns dont count as a projectile so we cant boss toss through them. Errons and Cassies guns are projectiles that can get eaten by boss toss but not Jaquis multhitting ones she can meterburn on delay because reasons. also when we get hit Ferra loses her hitbox so trading once is as good of a situation as we can get and then once we do trade we lose access to all our best attacks.
Right, I did not mention Boss Toss for its projectile nullifying effect (which doesn't work on Jacqui's bullets as you have described) but for reversing with it after blocking the bullets and being in Boss Toss range. If Jacqui goes for shooting again, she will get Boss Tossed because the bullets are -9 on block and Boss Toss is like 14 frames if I recall correctly. But let's not also forget how deceptively big reach and hitbox Jip1 has for Ferra/Torr.! A good player would hit Jacqui while being above them bullets, hitting Jacqui makes the bullet stream go away and you can combo her with Jip~Caber Toss, which doesn't need Ferra on Torr's back!

Last edited:
...why are people so bad?
Because the tutorial for this game is beyond awful. It doesn't teach players how to deal with this.

For example, in the Killer Instinct tutorial, the game puts a Jago chucking fireballs at you on the other side of the screen. It then instructs you to walk, block, walk, block (you can't even dash between) until you are close enough to punish him with a sweep.

It was basically the tutorial saying "look! You are going to have to fight this, and this is what you do!"

Mortal Kombat X doesn't have that, and it should.

Also, I'll add to @Eldriken 's suggestions, that hand canon only shoots the rockets at the end (unlike Deathstroke machine gun). So it's pretty easy guard against the rocket without having to worry about taking too much chip or pushback, just hold down and only block at the end :)

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
Jacqui has the advantage only temporarily, because of the full screen range .... once you reduce that distance to half screen, she is screwed .... and if a Jacqui player makes bar meter only with the purpose of using the EX hand cannon during all the match, this player is fucked up once you start to advancing and put Jacqui against the corner, or obligated to stop the cannon tactic and come forward to fight normally using combos, jumps and other normal moves.

Pretty much the video Ketchup showed off, hehe :D

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
Anyone who thinks the battle is over once they've gotten in on her hasn't fought a good Jacqui.

How fast is teleport recovery? Because 1212~MB.db2-RC-bf4 is 38% midscreen with a 7-frame startup.

[Edit]: Super easy to land on Raiden. Since Lao is airborne you have to rely on 8-frame uppercut, or just walk forward when he starts to TP; this will make anything he does from TP whiff, and you're within range of f12~db2-RC-11~bf4 for an easy 30% meterless punish.

TheIrishFGCguy

Pew pew pew
I think it's unfair to put the blame on the tutorial. A trip to the lab for as little as 30 minutes will educate you well on how to deal with whatever is getting the best of you. The tutorial mode isn't great I agree, but people moaning about things they believe to be cheap is a direct result of not putting in the effort to learn.