What's new

How many throws have u teched ON PURPOSE?

How many Throws have u been able to tech ON Purpose

• 80%

• 60%

• 20%

• 5%

• 0%

Results are only viewable after voting.

Scott The Scot

Where there is smoke, there is cancer.
Everytime I make a read and attempt to break a throw I usually do it lol. I just have to figure out which way the person who I'm against likes to throw or depending on their chararacter and where they are on the stage (closer to corner or no?). I guess the people I play against don't normally use the throw system as a 50/50 because they have forgotten about that it's a 50/50 since they just usually always get it and they probably assume it was lucky everytime I tech it :L

There has only been a couple times online when the opponent was throwing me in a very predictable fashion, and I eventually teched a couple of them on purpose. Other than that, I've been completely blown up by throws.

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
The throw system was the same in MK9 as it is here.

I like it. It can be a valuable conditioning tool. It's fine.

Besides, this isn't BlazBlue where you can get a combo off a throw. Usually you take 12% and the pressure ends. Or rather, you're given a chance to get out if you're in the corner.

WayoftheFist

Cold day in hell...
None. If I read throw I'm ducking it. I find it easier to let go of block and duck than to tech it plus the duck is a full combo punosh on the throw.

BloodyNights

"My kunai will find it's mark."
You can hold block until you see them grab and then let go of block and tech. I'd say 80% sounds about right for me. It's usually pretty easy to figure out which direction they will try to throw. Not to mention most down attacks keep throwing in check anyways.

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
the problem with reading throws is that, most of the time theres almost no reason to do it as theres plenty of options like doing a 50/50 or continuing pressure. So with all that going on, why on earthrealm would you be expecting someone to just throw you?

so pretty much if u keep your throwing to a minimum they become practically free! At least thats how it feels to me.

Undeadjim

Green Lantern Corps.
The way I see the MK throw system it looks to me that the design in the neutral is to neutral duck and punish based from a read. Teching should be saved exclusively for when you are juggled and you believe that they will go for a standing reset. Going for techs in the neutral when you can duck and full combo punish is pointless.

the problem with reading throws is that, most of the time theres almost no reason to do it as theres plenty of options like doing a 50/50 or continuing pressure. So with all that going on, why on earthrealm would you be expecting someone to just throw you?

so pretty much if u keep your throwing to a minimum they become practically free! At least thats how it feels to me.
exactly my thoughts just played against a scorpoin guy and after a vortex combo THE last thing that i would do is bait a throw and there for i eat 4 throws. If an opponent is predictable sure u can just tech or duck on reaction but play against a online scrub who just does random shit lol.

Why would you tech a throw? If you know they will grab you, you're better off neutral ducking and full combo punishing it.
then i delay my combo starter (letting you think i will throw you) and combo your ass.
lets not forget that throws can be mb (lol) for an free mixup/50/50 afterwards.
lets also not forget, combos can be ended with a throw off an otg.
there are pretty strong for me. for that reason the throw tech system should be better imho.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
then i delay my combo starter (letting you think i will throw you) and combo your ass.
This is where the Mind games begin, you don't know how someone behaves until you play them yourself, can't be used as a counter excuse.

Tech throws are useless, even if you know the window the chances of you getting one are pretty slim, if you know you will get grabbed try to find the timing for it will only get you thrown anyway, so you're better off ducking which is much faster than teching it out, and leave them open for punish.

Its a hard read

GuerillaTactix

#bufftakeda
always mash forward tech because nobody throws backwards unless they're in the corner

if mashing counts on purpose then some, if not, none
More often than not I've been hit by the reverse throw. I get hit by throws more by people who are just as surprised they threw me as I am that I got thrown. Lol!

This is the mind game in my opinion. It's harder to forward throw than regular throw and when I notice an opponent is throwing just throw, that's when shit gets weird. I just eat throws and say ok. My opponent throws.. I'm gunna throw first: Quitalilty. Lol!