What's new

How long are you willing to grind bad MUs?

Are you willing to grind a bad MU?

• Total voters

Everlast

KTG | EVERLAST
As far as the Lex-Zod thing goes, I was actually super optimistic about that for a long time. Everyone was telling me it's horrible and I was saying "no, I just need to train more". I think it's a really bad mindset to downplay your matchups instead of really figuring out your options and going in with confidence. Saying "this mu sucks I can't play my normal game and they just beat what I want to do" prevents you from thinking about what your options actually might be, and knowing if you put those things to good use you can win.

Unfortunately I didn't comprehend enough about this matchup until Evo to realize I actually don't have options lol. But I can at least still do really well against Zod players outside of that aspect of the matchup when they can't do it well enough.

That all being said, if it comes time in tournament for it again (and with my luck it probably will), I'm still using Lex. Alts are lame.
I respect this. Well put.

Yoaks

A spaceman
Lobo at the moment only has one "Bad" mu and that is Grundy believe it or not. Zatanna might be a 3-7 same has Grundy.

But Im not gonna back down from playing those mu's at all.

I can still make some reads in both the Grundy and Zatanna mu and come out on top. The rest of Lobo's bad mu's aren't even that bad.

Zod is one of my favorites mu's to play. Lex is a tough one but whenever I play a Lex I always play Lobo, just so I can too grind it out.

I'm just glad I don't have a 2-8/1-9 mu. I don't know if I would be able too grind a mu that bad.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Bad match-ups are the thing I try and practice the most. I love people who counter pick me outside of tournaments, it gives me an opportunity to level up and it does little for them, aside from getting a meaningless win.

Gh0sty

ばかみたいに無料
Great question. I think everyone should play a character with multiple losing MU's in addition to their main character. Playing a character that has a bunch of 7-3's teaches you a lot about your character and about yourself as a player. At least this has been my experience trying to play GA in a meaningful way. Some of my most productive and enjoyable times in this game has been running GA v AM with @xQUANTUMx .

#infinitegrind

Last edited: