What's new

How do you use Grundy - Playstyle Discussion

JTB123

>>R2 - BF4 = Unblockable.
I tend to play him quite aggressively, I'm finding zoning quite difficult to deal with though. I can't tell if it's online but when I'm dashing into projectiles when it really feels like I should be blocking them. I really like his trait, being able to choose what buff you get is really cool and he does a ton of damage.

Still very new to the game but so far Grundy is the most fun to play for me, only downside so far is that he is very slow and getting in can be a huge pain.

Nonameformedude

That Yung Big Body
First off the defense chain is the anti chip chain. The chain you're talking about in your post is the health chain. Second jumping isn't the only way out of the mixups off his block string into trait. MB b3 works much better and beats all your options just nobody bothers to do it yet.

Dead air's purpose is in his 70% combo. 112 bf2 mb b1 db2 mb j2 b1 health chain 71% which means all you need to land is a raw health chain to finish off that life bar excluding clash.
Oops misnamed my chains(I explained "taking less damage on hit though", no bigs)thx for tha catch. You can meter a b3 but NJ 2 doesn't take any meter and leads into the most damaging combos for most characters. Also can can canceling into WC/WCC would beat a that right(WC if they b3 instantly and wcc if they b3 and charge in the event that you cancel into a WC after your block string instead)? That link is really nice and hella damaging, I need to use that combo off his free cross up more. I still feel the moves purpose is more focused towards catching jumpers trying to get free punishes, but definitely has great combo application(though I've only seen said application in the combo you mentioned. Most others are a huge waste of meter).

D

Deleted member 9158

I tend to play him quite aggressively, I'm finding zoning quite difficult to deal with though. I can't tell if it's online but when I'm dashing into projectiles when it really feels like I should be blocking them. I really like his trait, being able to choose what buff you get is really cool and he does a ton of damage.

Still very new to the game but so far Grundy is the most fun to play for me, only downside so far is that he is very slow and getting in can be a huge pain.
Don't dash through them, Walking corpse cancel through them. You'll get in and they won't know what to do. Grundy is very intimidating, use this to your advantage

D

Deleted member 9158

I'm not sure if this is the most common way to play grundy, but I usually like to sit at Walking corpse distance and whiff/bait punish. Also D2 all day err'day. I also use MB walking corpse whenever I can, and then go into any of these:

- stand there, wait for them to get up and immediately MB swamp hands
- dash up, do a standing j2 and cross them up
- grab them
- trait
- step forward slightly, and then walking corpse them again.
-F1 3

That's all I can think of. I also love playing around with his low/overhead mix up (112 MB Cleaver/MB swamp hands) or if I know they're blocking I'll finish the 112 string with a walking corpse. Also, a cool set up for walking corpse (that actually combos):

F1 3 wc. If you meter burn it, you get set up's for days. Sorry if this is messy, I'm literally writing down what comes to mind as I go.

OH! one more thing: Off of the power chain, I immediately do a walking corpse. Since people can't tech it or do a wake up, it's pretty much free.

peace! Enjoy my fellow zombies.

DFC

Cutthroat Truther
I play a zone oriented Grundy. SwampHandz4lyfe.

On a serious note, I try to use his mixups to their fullest. F1, B1, MBF3 are my bread and butter. I also try to use the stage bounces often, and throw out air grabs at distance to build meter, and occasionally throw out a grave rot if they're low on health.

juicepouch

blink-182 enthusiast
I turtle and wait to abuse mistakes with naked trait grabs or WC's, then when they get conditioned to jumping backwards, I can mess them up with cleaver spin and make them block high so I can use F1 2 swamphands MB