What's new

Question How do you punish Baraka's blade charge?

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
I understand what you said earlier about the block crouch. I just don't like how people are portraying this move as "godly" when it can get blown up quite easily.
firstly i dont see anyone saying its a godly move besides the person who made a to z troll tier list,
a non baraka player to my knowledge also. so i dont think the baraka community is over rating the move at all.

besides the few chars that can block and punish the move there are other ways around it like making it whiff,jumping over it,crouch blocking to reduce pushback(not blockstun) and even a njp on a read(not posible on reaction) so believe me i know just how the move gets fucked up, same with :ex charge.

D

Deleted member 9158

Ah...it is helpful to quote the person you are talking towards in order to avoid this type of confusion ha ha.

Anyways, it can be difficult to try to get Baraka's blade charge to whiff since he can dash forward then blade charge at anytime. If you are just continously backing up to try to bait out Baraka's blade charge, then a smart Baraka player will just walk you into the corner...That's exactly where Baraka wants you.

But yes...Baraka's blade charge is extremely punishable on whiff...
Its a complete bitch for me to punish, since Quan is slow as hell. I have anticipate it, but its so fast I end up eating it all the time. it's a crazy good move though, I must admit.

zaf

professor
god damn guys, calm down

Qwark28 if you try and dash up and get a block string after a blocked proper spaced charge baraka can spin before a blockstring,
you get 224 when we play cause its online ;) you could always bait said spin though

zaf no lift cant,either can push on a proper spaced charge

xInfra Deadx hellspike is a just frame punish and thats only if freddy blocks it standing, he cant punish it from crouch block as it takes a extra frame for a move to come ouf of crouch block. and i say just frame in mk frame data meaning most of the time its not even a just frame because of mks crazy block stun

o-BEEF_SUPREME-o sub cant punish a proper spaced charge with slide, one full dash under max range though sub ca slide it

and yes the move is fully punishabeon whiff

How can i not punish a well spaced charge?
If i buffer TKP, I should be able to punish a -16 move.
The spacing has nothing to do with tkp punishing this, TKP has ridiculous range.
Ill test this more today

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
How can i not punish a well spaced charge?
If i buffer TKP, I should be able to punish a -16 move.
The spacing has nothing to do with tkp punishing this, TKP has ridiculous range.
Ill test this more today
holy shit man, my bad, im going to blame me not being sober at the moment on that one.
ermac cant TKP punish max range ex charge because of the weird blockstun bug it has but he can indeed to a normal charge.
i was still right with lift is will whiff on a normal max range blade charge though

again my bad :oops:

zaf

professor
Yea i know tks wont punish it.
I know tkp can punish a regular one

And i know i cant punish ex charge with those two. Its all good ste ;)

Glad that's all cleared up

Clayman

you don't get it, do you?
I understand what you said earlier about the block crouch. I just don't like how people are portraying this move as "godly" when it can get blown up quite easily.
I don't get what r u trying to say, when i beat ur shitty freddy every time with baraka and u never punish blade charge.