What's new

How do you play your Kano?

Flagg

Noob
So i've been having a stab with my two day old Kano in ranked with quite a lot of success! Ran into a friend who demolished me with his seasoned Jade, but in time I feel this could be a strong character for me.

I quite like playing rush down Kano, despite having quite slow normals, once you're in, you can apply quite a bit of nasty pressure. And even though I play rushdown, his knife is ridiculous, as a couple of turtling Mileenas have discovered.

I dont really use his normal ball for the time being...it seems strange to input a move that requires no button

NYCj360

i Use a modded cyber now
It seems me and you started playing him at the same time. I've been messing with his jip b2 grab cancel string. It catches alot of people and it's surprisingly slow lol. Oh and I've been landing aa s1 into full combo a lot. And I randomly sweet spot his up ball so that they follow my trajectory. After it hits and I land another before they hit the ground.

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio using Tapatalk

Flagg

Noob
What else I seem to be having some success with is D3, then B112....that seems to catch so many people!

Is his F11 safe on block? Because a nice bit of pressure ive been using is F11, then standing 112.

For a character with slow normals, he has a surprisingly good pressure game.

You're about the 5th person today that has also said to me "Just picked up Kano". Must be something in the air....

Derptile

RIP Ex Smash
What else I seem to be having some success with is D3, then B112....that seems to catch so many people!

Is his F11 safe on block? Because a nice bit of pressure ive been using is F11, then standing 112.

For a character with slow normals, he has a surprisingly good pressure game.

You're about the 5th person today that has also said to me "Just picked up Kano". Must be something in the air....
Yeah, f1,1 is safe on block, ending string with Command grab is also pretty useful, and online Upball is basically safe.

IMO kano is a Brawler that can zone, he's much better up close than from full screen since his knives got nerfed.

Alot of Kano's string actually leave both him and his opponent at neutral frames. B1, 1, 2 for example if I'm not mistaken. That is probably why Kano appears to be strong while rushing down despite having "slow" normals. His specials are also very fast.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
Mainly as a zoner for me. I am really good at reading people and conditioning them to do something(My Sindel is based around that).

Basically I throw out some knifes until they get close. Then I throw an upball to knock them back. Throw one knife, then do a ball to get them again. When I get better im sure I will incorporate his rushdown.

BEENEEWEENEES

Thou shalt be slain!
kano gets away with quite a bit online, but his rushdown is still very solid. b1 pressure is key! if you're feeling aggressive, b11 exknife dash and then mix-up to your heart's desire. one of my favorite blockstrings. ^_^

Z-911-Z

Bone and Metal
Depends on who I'm fighting, sometimes I pressure and sometimes I zone them out. I tend to use choke hold a lot as my ending move for my strings and juggle combos since it usually aggravates opponents and it keeps Kano in a more favorable position. The only time I don't is against characters who are fairly weak against Kano's current knives, which I'll instead use upball or an uppercut and send them backwards.

I don't really use normal cannonball anymore myself, upball just renders it completely obsolete a lot. If Kano were to get a buff, I would love for his original knives to be back and for normal cannonball to recover as well as upball.

GNG Iniquity

#bufftaquito #punchwalk #whiffycage
I don't really use normal cannonball anymore myself, upball just renders it completely obsolete a lot. If Kano were to get a buff, I would love for his original knives to be back and for normal cannonball to recover as well as upball.
I hope they re-design the character a bit in the next installment, personally I've felt that Kano SHOULD have an airborne xray like CSZ for a long time now. But yeah, the recovery on a blocked horizontal ball compared to an up ball is dumb. I with they would've put armor on choke/up ball instead of the horizontal ball as well, I cannot get the EX horizontal ball consistently for the life of me on a pad anyways.

charlieonline

Search "CaseyJones" for active profile.
kano gets away with quite a bit online, but his rushdown is still very solid. b1 pressure is key! if you're feeling aggressive, b11 exknife dash and then mix-up to your heart's desire. one of my favorite blockstrings. ^_^
Why ex knife on block? and why after b11? how about b112 ex knife?

Error

DF2+R2
I like rushing in with this guy, I'm also liking his air-ball, since it catches a lot of people off guard.

Flagg

Noob
Does KAno have any reliable resets?

I've been trying to use Ex knife in juggles without much success at all.

Right now my fave BnB is B112, dash, 212, dash, F12, knife....with a jp that's about 35%

I like to mix things up, I just find, for me, that B112, is his best "punish" string, as sometimes going for the 212 you can sometimes miss or drop (I play a lot online)

my best character is Kano i even won a tournament in venezuela with kano, kano is a tricky character that is why i love him jeje...

Flagg

Noob
I've just watched Issacs "Black Dragon Files", does Kanos ex knife work as a frame trap on blocking opponents?

Roko1985

Put down the controller and run!
Does KAno have any reliable resets?

I've been trying to use Ex knife in juggles without much success at all.

Right now my fave BnB is B112, dash, 212, dash, F12, knife....with a jp that's about 35%

I like to mix things up, I just find, for me, that B112, is his best "punish" string, as sometimes going for the 212 you can sometimes miss or drop (I play a lot online)
Yes and no......Try finishing your combos with jump kick Air throw. Then when you land you can chose b23 chocke(mid.) or f3b2(low) into combo(you can finish with jump kick air throw if you want and again the same situation). Only wake ups and x-rays can hurt you, cause you have huge advantage. You can start that small vortex from jump kick throw if you want. Tell me if it helps:)

CompletelyJaded

Whiffmaker
I play him like this: Upball upball upball upball.
My mixup is upball.
My punish is upball.
My combo is jip + upball, upball, upball, upball.
I win 90% of the time with him.

Jade will destroy Kano unless Kano is very skilled. He has nothing for Jade to fear except for EX upball and his x-ray, the former of which is easily beaten out by the right ex boomerang and the latter of which is avoided by knowing when he's about to think it's "his turn".

Kano does destroy people like Reptile and Kunglao though, which is why I pick him.

stamatis

Όσα δε φτάνει η αλεπού. ........
So i've been having a stab with my two day old Kano in ranked with quite a lot of success! Ran into a friend who demolished me with his seasoned Jade, but in time I feel this could be a strong character for me.

I quite like playing rush down Kano, despite having quite slow normals, once you're in, you can apply quite a bit of nasty pressure. And even though I play rushdown, his knife is ridiculous, as a couple of turtling Mileenas have discovered.

I dont really use his normal ball for the time being...it seems strange to input a move that requires no button
http://testyourmight.com/forum/showthread.php?17125-KANO-UNLEASHED!!!

Kano does destroy people like Reptile and Kunglao though, which is why I pick him.
i play kano most of the time but trust to beat a reptile is not easy? how do you beat a good reptile i have trouble beating reptile? and about kung lao is a 50 50 chance to win if you a playing against a good kung lao , i know kung lao that destroy my kano... but is something i can handle, but reptile man is something that annoys me , mostly i pick cyber sub against reptile or barraka cause i cant beat a good reptile against my kano !!! how do you do it?