What's new

Question - Hellfire How do you FBC without getting that overhead punch input error?

Matix218

Get over here!
Maybe it's because I'm playing on stick or something but ever since they updated the beta last week I've been dropping cancels off of 214 left and right. I had absolutely no issues at all in the earlier beta builds and I still have no issues with the full game. I've been playing since launch and all of a sudden this is an issue. Something is different with the buffer window and I'm surprised nobody else notices it.
Ive noticed it, I often miss 214 fbrc (fireball wont initiate) in the beta as well. 21 fbrc is fine though. Not sure if they changed the timing or what but I definitely know what you mean

Scoot Magee

But I didn't want to dash
Ive noticed it, I often miss 214 fbrc (fireball wont initiate) in the beta as well. 21 fbrc is fine though. Not sure if they changed the timing or what but I definitely know what you mean
It's definitely weird. Something with the buffer window changed. I only started to feel it after the latest update and it only seems to be cancels off of 214.

Matix218

Get over here!
It's definitely weird. Something with the buffer window changed. I only started to feel it after the latest update and it only seems to be cancels off of 214.
See the weirdest part of it all is that on the times that I don't get the fbrc I don't get the fireball at all, I just get the string and that's it. But what makes that weird is that I have no trouble getting any other special off of 214 consistently. For example, if I hit a 214 and confirm into teleport that comes out every time. Or if I make a read and cancel 214 into EX spear or flame aura that also seems to come out every time. Basically it only seems to happen when I do a FBRC

Scoot Magee

See the weirdest part of it all is that on the times that I don't get the fbrc I don't get the fireball at all, I just get the string and that's it. But what makes that weird is that I have no trouble getting any other special off of 214 consistently. For example, if I hit a 214 and confirm into teleport that comes out every time. Or if I make a read and cancel 214 into EX spear or flame aura that also seems to come out every time. Basically it only seems to happen when I do a FBRC
Well o always hold 1 so maybe that has something to do with it but anyone looking to fbc is going to be holding 1.

Slips

Feared by dragons. Desired by virgins.
I've noticed it's changed but not in between updates. I imagine since the cancel advantage has been decreased you have to input the fireball motion sooner, whereas before when it was increased you had to wait longer in the block stun before inputting.

Either way, it's not like it's something that is random or hard to pull off. Just gotta change your timing a bit whether it was changed in between updates or not.

Scoot Magee

I've noticed it's changed but not in between updates. I imagine since the cancel advantage has been decreased you have to input the fireball motion sooner, whereas before when it was increased you had to wait longer in the block stun before inputting.

Either way, it's not like it's something that is random or hard to pull off. Just gotta change your timing a bit whether it was changed in between updates or not.
Yeah its just different for sure. I guess I was too focused on ninjutsu to realize it in the earlier builds.