What's new

Question - Hellfire How do you FBC without getting that overhead punch input error?

I Am The LK

Here my battle cry (Meow)
Ok so I would do his normal cancels. 214 OR 21 and get an input error almost every time. The game thinks I'm pressing f2 but I'm not. Anyone know how to get around this?

God Confirm

We're all from Earthrealm. If not, cool pic brah.
Just gotta make sure you are tapping FF when you RC, no other trick or anything. Practice. You'll get it in time.

MadeOfMetal

Kenshi Srubtastic,Cyrax, Special Forces Mains
horrible one to ask this on.. but im going for it...

as of now.. not including the BETA

what is Hellfires cancel advantage on block?

21RC?
B12RC?
123RC?

are any of them positive as of now.. i am trying to pick up hellfire as of now and imagine if he has 2 plus on block strings in beta @+2 on block his 21 and S3. it will be uber easy to pick him up later after beta

I Am The LK

Here my battle cry (Meow)
horrible one to ask this on.. but im going for it...

as of now.. not including the BETA

what is Hellfires cancel advantage on block?

21RC?
B12RC?
123RC?

are any of them positive as of now.. i am trying to pick up hellfire as of now and imagine if he has 2 plus on block strings in beta @+2 on block his 21 and S3. it will be uber easy to pick him up later after beta
Maybe you should ask @ESG Jagged for help scrub.

MadeOfMetal

they way I learned cancels with the dvorah was by slowing doing and making sure i did every input.
they might not even combo/frame trap when you slow it down, but you will see what it is that you are doing wrong.
i can get Johnny's, Dvorahs, and Liu's but i can't get Hellfires to be plus.

thats what im wondering...

since his strings are negative, and his only plus string Standing 4 has so much pushback, im struggling to make his plus.

r they plus?

or are they slightly minus?

i know on the beta they are hella plus. but on normal game it seems not the case..

just asking cuz i could be wrong?

MadeOfMetal

Ok so I would do his normal cancels. 214 OR 21 and get an input error almost every time. The game thinks I'm pressing f2 but I'm not. Anyone know how to get around this?
and lk i was having the problem, when i was trying to make them faster... i would input the 21 close to the ff trigger input.. and it caused the F2 to come out. but if you slow it down just a slight bit, you will get it right.. but honestly i believe it to be negative and thats why its so hard to tighten that string up.

on beta i can do:

21RC
123RC
11RC
B12RC

and make them all plus at least plus 3-5

not sure what they are, but its stops anything from 7 frames or more from being metered through as far as i can tell on most of them.. some of them it seems like 5 or more can't budge it.

just hit me up on the lagless, and we can try the Drowning pool map as well...

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Dunno , ask @Mitsuownes.

It used to be around +7 to nearly +15 before he got nerfed depending on the string, gotta check my old notes to be sure.

I knew that 214 FBRC into standing 2 was a guaranteed loopstring

MadeOfMetal

Dunno , ask @Mitsuownes.

It used to be around +7 to nearly +15 before he got nerfed depending on the string, gotta check my old notes to be sure.

I knew that 214 FBRC into standing 2 was a guaranteed loopstring
ty for thst eddy.. but im scared of using it now and getting used to thst.. cuz beta made that great string have a gap 21O4

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
The gap being there makes sense, it doesn't cripple the entire character combos and usability, and still gives a chance to escape on right reads.

It resembles a lot the sonya's b14 string.

You can stagger with 21 or 21~FRBC, most ppl trying to escape or punish the gap will have to deal with the other options after, once they're conditioned to not run, you will get your loops.

Scoot Magee

But I didn't want to dash
Maybe it's because I'm playing on stick or something but ever since they updated the beta last week I've been dropping cancels off of 214 left and right. I had absolutely no issues at all in the earlier beta builds and I still have no issues with the full game. I've been playing since launch and all of a sudden this is an issue. Something is different with the buffer window and I'm surprised nobody else notices it.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Maybe it's because I'm playing on stick or something but ever since they updated the beta last week I've been dropping cancels off of 214 left and right. I had absolutely no issues at all in the earlier beta builds and I still have no issues with the full game. I've been playing since launch and all of a sudden this is an issue. Something is different with the buffer window and I'm surprised nobody else notices it.
Maybe there is only one buffer window?
Maybe they have shorten it?