What's new

Question - Sun God How can Sun God get better?

TheGangstaFace

Psn, Xbox, Twitter: TheGangstaFace
make him better? just pick the viable variation. problem solved. We have characters where every variation is bad and youre sad over one of the variations of a great character being a little below the threshhold, well, I'm sorry that you picked the abysmal 33.333333%
I main war God lol. Like @CrazyFingers has stated in his thread. The idea of buffing and nerfing characters is to close the gap as best as possible between the top 5 and the bottom 5 and I think slight buffs like ATP mentioned above would do that perfectly. I don't understand why people like you have to come in threads and say people are crying and be hostile and shit lol. It's just a discussion

CrazyFingers

The Power of Lame Compels You
I main war God lol. Like @CrazyFingers has stated in his thread. The idea of buffing and nerfing characters is to close the gap as best as possible between the top 5 and the bottom 5 and I think slight buffs like ATP mentioned above would do that perfectly. I don't understand why people like you have to come in threads and say people are crying and be hostile and shit lol. It's just a discussion
Oh hey my thread got mentioned...feelsgoodman!

MadeOfMetal

Kenshi Srubtastic,Cyrax, Special Forces Mains
Having a combo that juggles longer. like if his normal string that launches gave him enough time to use another String to end in air grab. like know he has F1B2 but if you start it with Starter into EX DF1 then try F1B2 then try to connect its very hard. if that was made easier or another launching normal that launched higher was made. then he would be much better, but honestly he really doesn't need much else. i feel Sun god is arguably the second best, i just think most don't use him correctly.

CrazyFingers

Having a combo that juggles longer. like if his normal string that launches gave him enough time to use another String to end in air grab. like know he has F1B2 but if you start it with Starter into EX DF1 then try F1B2 then try to connect its very hard. if that was made easier or another launching normal that launched higher was made. then he would be much better, but honestly he really doesn't need much else. i feel Sun god is arguably the second best, i just think most don't use him correctly.
And if you wanna learn to use him, check out my guide! (shameless plug)

MadeOfMetal

Kenshi Srubtastic,Cyrax, Special Forces Mains
And if you wanna learn to use him, check out my guide! (shameless plug)
i pretty much know sun god, but would rather look up your LF thread. i keep thinking about it but always find tech with someone else and it occupies me.

dennycascade

UPR_ghastem
IMO Sun God is already the better variation between it and Blood God, at least in current MKXL meta. Blood God can turtle well and shut down some zoning but obsidian totem can't help you guess right forever. Even with the damage reduction you can just get mixed up, knocked down and then your totem is gone and you're on the floor with no defensive options. Sun God has this problem too but can at least make up for it by having a great offensive game of his own. He's one of the game's best grapplers and is probably super low on Paulo's list of variations that "need help", especially with that negative edge tick grab option select. That shit's dirty.

But I do agree whiffing issues across the board need fixing.

I've got an Idea. Get a damage buff in exchange of a execution nerf.
make the throw have a Zangief SPD notion. and by each additional throw in the animation it must execute down + back + forward + back +up + 3+4 (like vega super and guile ultra in sf4). the total damage increases 11% for a total of 40%. of course, it must do that only in the ex one. the normal one gets a damage nerf of 4% in exchange to make it a total of 15%. and it doesn't require the additional animation requirements.

TheGangstaFace

so yeah, a reversal of that means you'd have to back dash or jump, arent certain strings throw immune tho?
Yeah I don't think grab immunity should be a thing honestly. What makes grab immunity so bad to me is wakeups. So if I wakeup with ex choke and you don't read it but instead press buttons and I STILL get punished. That's fucked up. Plus it's a waste of a bar

TheGangstaFace

I've got an Idea. Get a damage buff in exchange of a execution nerf.
make the throw have a Zangief SPD notion. and by each additional throw in the animation it must execute down + back + forward + back +up + 3+4 (like vega super and guile ultra in sf4). the total damage increases 11% for a total of 40%. of course, it must do that only in the ex one. the normal one gets a damage nerf of 4% in exchange to make it a total of 15%. and it doesn't require the additional animation requirements.
I know nothing about SF so I can't comment on this lol

CrazyFingers

I just realized that Kotal actually just covers any and all matchups with his 3 variations except for the ones that do good against his universal skills (Like Mileena) feelsgoodman

Slavaslave

Professional Casual
What mu does sun god cover that the other 2 don't?
I play SG in matchups where the big damage is most useful and you don't have a huge need for armor. Against mileena is a good one. She is a pain in the ass and hard to get in on, but I have parry to deal with sais and when I get in I get great damage from it. Also against Kitana or even kano.

In an effort to be transparent, I also play SG as a main over war God because its so much more fun, but those are the reasons I like it more in certain matchups

Also b1xxEXchoke breaks most wakeup armor, I believe anything over 10 frames that doesn't low profile. And 1xxEXchoke is an even faster version of the same thing.