What's new

Tech - Kung Jin Hey Guys, Kung Jin Can Stuff Wake-Up Armor. lolol

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
I hate Kung Jin as well... But bandwagoning isn't the answer

We're on, like, day 10 guy's. Time to find your big boy pants and learn some tech.
But isn't it? I'll be the first one screaming KUNG JIN when I win matches. I'm just waiting until after Paradise Found because I've invested so much time into Kano and Jacqui.

#TeamNoShame

PND OmegaK

Drunk and Orderly
Just the fact that using arguably the best current character right now, while making the statement that others need to use more options is kinda ironic. It'd be like Kabal telling characters to level up to be on his characters level.

But yea, I understand you have to downplay so it's cool. I'll be using him myself as a secondary until further notice. I just don't deny I'm using him for the sole reason that he's probably the best unless he gets nerfed.
Please point to the post where I have downplayed. Do not put words in my mouth and tarnish my name as a downplayer because that is incredibly petty when I have done no such thing. I accept that Kung Jin is probably the best character in the game (along with a few others) and have stated it many times. Your logic for him being OP in your earlier post however was that a Kung Jin player has the option to make you respect something on a knockdown and has the option to mix you up.

He does not have one tool which beats everything, the issue would be that his options are safe. On knockdown you can delay wake up or backdash btw if you're struggling with his oki game. Even then it is far too early to tell if anything will remain as strong later in the games life, people will level up and characters will be broken down. I commend you for picking him up as a secondary though, that's the best way to understand a character if you are struggling against them.

kung jin is fucking dope. I hope he doesn't get overnerfed, but they will probably make overhead string negative and low unsafe. it's pretty hard to balance such a solid character without either killing him or making godlike

TackyHaddock

Salty Mashers Krew
I just recently witnessed (and employed) the awe inspiring beauty of his F3 myself. Brings joy and gratitude to my heart!

Single tear of joy, cascading down me cheek . . .

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Please point to the post where I have downplayed. Do not put words in my mouth and tarnish my name as a downplayer because that is incredibly petty when I have done no such thing. I accept that Kung Jin is probably the best character in the game (along with a few others) and have stated it many times. Your logic for him being OP in your earlier post however was that a Kung Jin player has the option to make you respect something on a knockdown and has the option to mix you up.

He does not have one tool which beats everything, the issue would be that his options are safe. On knockdown you can delay wake up or backdash btw if you're struggling with his oki game. Even then it is far too early to tell if anything will remain as strong later in the games life, people will level up and characters will be broken down. I commend you for picking him up as a secondary though, that's the best way to understand a character if you are struggling against them.
That's not my logic. My logic is "wow on top of all his amazing tools here's another one to throw off the opponent". Not "oh because of this he is OP, no one will ever get up". You're right, downplay may have not been the right word, but what I meant originally was more along the lines of that which is why I took it as such. Apologies.

On the tech, most characters you fight either you can block because they might armor, wait for a delay, or blow up their wakeup, Jin gets an extra layer on top of that once people start mastering the timing of this which makes it that much more a risk using your wakeup options. It's like he can't stop getting better after already being so great.

Yea I'm going to use him though. Mainly because I think he really is that good and I want to give myself the best chance to win, and also because if I end up preferring Kano I'll at least have a better understanding of his battle approach when defending against it.

People think Kung Jin has so many tools to win, that one more just breaks the camels back. Mileena has this as well. The Mileena forums are full of people losing hope.
I understand that Kung Jin is looking really strong right now but like c'mon guys. His vortex does 13%-15% on hit (unless I'm missing something) and this is just a knockdown. Like I demonstrated in my post, Liu Kang can just do this for a full combo punish, where's all the Liu Kang hype at?

Don't get me wrong, I think Kung Jin's good too, but these last two discoveries definitely aren't the reason why I think he's good.

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
As a shaolin user, the idea of a nerf scares the shit out of me. If they nerf his strings shaolin dies. They should just adjust the scaling on staff soon in bojitsu. Isn't f2 reactable?

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
I understand that Kung Jin is looking really strong right now but like c'mon guys. His vortex does 13%-15% on hit (unless I'm missing something) and this is just a knockdown. Like I demonstrated in my post, Liu Kang can just do this for a full combo punish, where's all the Liu Kang hype at?

Don't get me wrong, I think Kung Jin's good too, but these last two discoveries definitely aren't the reason why I think he's good.
Your naming characters that don't have the combined tools that Jin has. That is why they aren't as hyped. It'd be like saying you're hype because Mileena can IAF in MK9 so why isn't she being compared to Kabal who can IAF too.

It's the complete package, not just one addition of tech.

RelentlessOhio

Divekick x 1000
I've been dealing with him, kind of. Luckily I love mixing up my KL (Buzz Saw). Sometimes he hands me my ass, sometimes not. He definitely is a pain in the ass to play against.

Your naming characters that don't have the combined tools that Jin has. That is why they aren't as hyped. It'd be like saying you're hype because Mileena can IAF in MK9 so why isn't she being compared to Kabal who can IAF too.

It's the complete package, not just one addition of tech.
even then, what's the big deal about a 2 hitting normal that knocks them down and does 7%? How is this such a great thing for the character that's added to the list of pros and cons of playing him?

I'd rather Kung JIn do this to me on wakeup as opposed to pressuring me with normals I can't contest with because weapon attacks/attacks like dvorah's d4 and f2 don't have hurtboxes attached to them, or doing pretty good damage + sending me full screen + making me deal with his zoning, or just taking away my meter.

I'm not buying this or that incredibly low damaging vortex as things to be afraid of when fighting KJ, not until he's able to do like near 30% for every rep of his vortex or somehow combo off an armored wakeup punish.

EndofGameBoss

That's about right.
People think Kung Jin has so many tools to win, that one more just breaks the camels back. Mileena has this as well. The Mileena forums are full of people losing hope.
How do you stuff wake ups without using armor with Mileena? Also, not to derail this topic, but I think she is a solid character, but relies on reactions as well as baiting to punish.

JDM

Noob
Lol I actually did this on accident two days ago when I was just dicking around with Jin in a casual match.

Didn't think it would be so significant and I forgot to actually test it when I got home. Glad someone did the work for me doe :3

I don't play Jin, and I think he's good but not OP. This is stupid though