What's new

Match Footage HawkGirl Battle Footage

RunwayMafia

Shoot them. Shoot them all.
First of all I didn't mean to put it in comparative form. I was more implying my footage and yours look identical, which is actually exactly how what I wrote reads. Was more mocking the Hawkgirl playstyle. And if its nerfed anymore, she would just have to adapt and use we3 and dashing, which isnt a problem. I think having her MC function the same was a Zod's charge would be fine. That wouldnt' change her getaway game at all and lets be real, every character can use a little change in regards to the wakeup system. She has a huge array of overheads, and a safe low string that combos into big damage in the corner, so could definitely be worse there.

No doubt she would have to be buffed in other areas, but I think it would create a more enjoyable kit to not only play, but play against.
HawkGirl's play style is unique and is not worthy of any form of mocking. Why are you advocating for a nerf? Don't you play as HG, lol? Look, if they made her MC like Zod's her mid screen/neutral game would be fucked. Mace Charge isn't just for escaping the corner and for wake up's, it's her single most effective line of offense. Her recovery on Mace Toss is terrible and her zoning is mediocre; I'm actually starting to find her ground game far better and her rush down would be significantly threatened if they made it full punishable.

You are certainly entitled to your opinion, and I respect that, but your wish for a nerf would not "create a more enjoable kit"...it would ruin the character.

Keep this in mind, she has no vortex, a mix up game that is subpar to say the least, a TERRIBLE B3, and her mid screen combos are lacking. Not to mention her projectile is terribly unsafe if whiffed. A smart HG player can and will win matches on strategically placed maces, Wing Evade's and her most important move, Mace Charge.

In a sense, you sound like an undercover Harley/Frost player (two characters she clearly dominates) who is making some astonishing suggestions to her game that are ludicrous and would only hurt her.

Jon Berg

Noob
Well, I have about 2000 games and literally 1800 of them are HG so no undercover action here. And I don't advocate it being punishable as much as making its recovery longer and making it so you don't get pushed so far back. I think that is more what should be done. Just because I play the character doesn't mean I shouldn't look at it objectively.

RunwayMafia

Well, I have about 2000 games and literally 1800 of them are HG so no undercover action here. And I don't advocate it being punishable as much as making its recovery longer and making it so you don't get pushed so far back. I think that is more what should be done. Just because I play the character doesn't mean I shouldn't look at it objectively.
True, I guess, but what you are suggesting is stupid. I'm not saying you are stupid, but it would only hurt her game, which is, well, stupid.

Jon Berg

Noob
True, I guess, but what you are suggesting is stupid. I'm not saying you are stupid, but it would only hurt her game, which is, well, stupid.

No doubt it would hurt her game. I think she should be buffed in other areas. How braindead easy and shallow she is to play is well, stupid.

RunwayMafia

No doubt it would hurt her game. I think she should be buffed in other areas. How braindead easy and shallow she is to play is well, stupid.
Wow...brain dead and shallow? How so? What buffs would you suggest? So nerfing her Mace Charge would make her more interesting? Innovative? Contrary to your opinion of HawkGirl's "brain dead" and "shallow" play style, I think she takes work and skill to pull out victories...unlike half the cast.

What an insult to the HG community who work hard with what we were given...

Jon Berg

Noob
Wow...brain dead and shallow? How so? What buffs would you suggest? So nerfing her Mace Charge would make her more interesting? Innovative? Contrary to your opinion of HawkGirl's "brain dead" and "shallow" play style, I think she takes work and skill to pull out victories...unlike half the cast.

What an insult to the HG community who work hard with what we were given...

How is that an insult when I have done the same lab tech, and even written a 20,000 word noob guide on the character? I'm just voicing my opinion. I think its easier to succeed with HG compared to basically the entire cast. You can get very far with very few tools. Its clear NRS is capable of extending hitboxes of normal's as evidenced by d2, so adjusting her T-Rex range is a start.

RunwayMafia

How is that an insult when I have done the same lab tech, and even written a 20,000 word noob guide on the character? I'm just voicing my opinion. I think its easier to succeed with HG compared to basically the entire cast. You can get very far with very few tools. Its clear NRS is capable of extending hitboxes of normal's as evidenced by d2, so adjusting her T-Rex range is a start.
It's an insult because it would hurt the character's core footsy tool. It doesn't matter what you've done in the lab or what guides you may have wrote, you are asking for the character to be nerfed, WHICH IS ABSURD. She is limited to begin with...why on Earth would you want an even bigger handicap? It's also insulting that you claim her to be brain dead and shallow...THUS making our wins with HawkGirl in vein.

Jon Berg

Noob
It's an insult because it would hurt the character's core footsy tool. It doesn't matter what you've done in the lab or what guides you may have wrote, you are asking for the character to be nerfed, WHICH IS ABSURD. She is limited to begin with...why on Earth would you want an even bigger handicap? It's also insulting that you claim her to be brain dead and shallow...THUS making our wins with HawkGirl in vein.
I also asked for her other areas to be buffed which you appear have casually glanced over and ignored. And how does that make wins less meaningful? Every game has some things that are simpler and some that are more complex. Like Invoker in dota compared to Sven.

RunwayMafia

I also asked for her other areas to be buffed which you appear have casually glanced over and ignored. And how does that make wins less meaningful? Every game has some things that are simpler and some that are more complex. Like Invoker in dota compared to Sven.
You originally only mentioned nerfing Mace Charge, then a HawkGirl player corrected you and stated that if they did that they would have to seriously buff her. Only after that you started to mention other buffs...thus the reasoning for my direct response to your original idea; the nerfing of Mace Charge. I didn't ignore nor glance over the fact that you want her reach to be extended...that's kind of a mute point considering your original suggestion was to FURTHER nerf mace charge. You stating that the character is "brain dead" and "shallow" is why I said a statement like that makes our hard work and wins taken in vein. Let's not get it twisted...shall we?

Look, this isn't the thread to be having this sort of debate...if you want to further discuss just PM me...

DanCock

Cock Master!!
Mace charge was already nerfed and ruined, it's still useable, but not "abuse-able" now. If it's nerfed again it will be pretty much worthless other then a combo ender.

If anything she needs to be buffed to make her "more fun" to watch. Not nerfed. Even then she wouldn't become a high tier. Nerfing the MC anymore would just make her bottom tier even with a buff.

Sent from my iPad 2 using Tapatalk

Vs Bane......

- I'm sure you know by now but he gains one hit of armor on all his specials at level 1 Venom. But it's only 1 hit of armor. MC MB and MT MB will knock him down.
- MaxIntensity's Bane seemed to have experience vs HG because he was anticipating your wakeup options correctly. Bane's Splash works beautifully vs MC and may trade with WE 3 or connect clean if you press 3 too late. Once he saw you wouldn't use that midscreen or wakeup with that anymore, he went to Bane's Venom bully oki game which is the best in the game (IMO). Rotate between backdash and MC vs his wakeup. BD beats his Double Punch, command grab, and D1 (Bane's is 6/7 frames). You also should be able to block if he does his Venomed Charged late enough. But if he does B23, you're gonna get hit because the 3 goes forward a lot. When you read that, wake up with MC or WE2. He also did a lot of Venom Charges from mid screen. That's undoubtedly because he knew none of HGs one hit options beat a Venomed Charge. He also walked backward a lot and almost invited you to attack him. That's because you didn't sweep him enough. He wasn't walking backwards as much as he was blocking standing.
- Venom lvl 3 gets the most damage but it also give armor to F2 and F2d. F2 is mostly a worthless move with shit loads of recovery frames so nobobdy uses that shit. F2d, however nails people who backdash and try to jump backwards from Bane. Also, Bane's charge at Venom lvl 3 goes through everything. multihit projectiles, MB F3/B3, supers...... fucking everything.

- Start attacking Bane when his lvl 3 Venom is almost down. Don't worry about him attacking you, because without venom Bane is fucking trash and in debuff he's even worse. During debuff, even if he hits you, his combos that normally do 27% do something like 11%. It's quite pathetic really. That's why sometimes Max's and Red69's Bane's would sit in the corner and do nothing. That's because they were waiting for that Venom debuff to run out. Don't let them wait. MC your ass over there and put on the pressure. Bane's defense without Venom sucks ass too.
- When Bane does a Charge and you jump it, punishing it dpends on where he started the Charge. If he started it from full screen and you jump it and fly, he'll stop right underneath you so you can dive kick for the punish. If he does it near midscreen, he'll fly all the way to the end of the stage. MT accordingly.

Play the range game vs Bane when he's juiced up because there's not much he can do about it. His is dash great, true. just read it and occasionally MC while flying to keep him chasing. Once his Venom goes down, go get him.

Boodendorf

Bird woman!
So, a friend of mine told me there was actually an amazing HG player that was a tournament that happened before CEO, but he doesn't remember the name of the tournament, or the name of the players. Apparently this tournament was also won by PL. Anybody got videos of it?

RunwayMafia

So, a friend of mine told me there was actually an amazing HG player that was a tournament that happened before CEO, but he doesn't remember the name of the tournament, or the name of the players. Apparently this tournament was also won by PL. Anybody got videos of it?
Your friends memory seems questionable :p ...I'd like to see this...we just gotta find out what tournament PL won before CEO and find the archive.

Boodendorf

Bird woman!
Your friends memory seems questionable :p ...I'd like to see this...we just gotta find out what tournament PL won before CEO and find the archive.
More details from same friend:
-Alucard was there with his brother
-PL played scorp
-There was a very very good GL player.

regulas

Your Emporer
Last night's set with Jaku2011's Lobo
Haven't watched the second one yet, I've have noticed that you seem to favor holding onto meter a lot, though this may just be because Jaku isn't able to force you to use it?

I keep wanting you to finish lifebars with super lol.

RunwayMafia

Haven't watched the second one yet, I've have noticed that you seem to favor holding onto meter a lot, though this may just be because Jaku isn't able to force you to use it?

I keep wanting you to finish lifebars with super lol.
LOL I think I do actually win a match with super...maybe in the second set. Yeah, I'm stingy with meter, however sometimes I let lose with MB Mace Toss, especially when the clock is ticking..

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
Hey, i will start rcordong matches! I will do it on poor quality :c since idk anything about media recording... Also i would like to make good quality videos, can anyone tell me what do i need?