What's new

GVN Winter Brawl 6 - Frozen Battlegrounds- Feb 18th and 19th-... (Philadelphia Pa)

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
Flight has been booked. Arriving in Philly on Friday morning and leaving Monday morning. I will be there throughout the ENTIRE weekend.

Still looking for someone to bunk with.

Jer

I'm a literal Sloth
I haven't pre-ordered yet but I'll need someone to stay with as well :)

I'll chip in for a hotel room obv

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
I love good news on X-Mas :).

Gonna make a seperate thread ala NEC for players, who's coming, who's going, etc.

HITOSHURAAAAAAAAAAA
WE GOTS TO GET DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWN

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
I have booked a temporary reservation at the hotel from 2/17 to 2/20. If you would like to share a room and split the cost, just give me a firm yes. The room can accomodate up to 5 people. I'll bring my PS3 and I will have MKAK running along with whatever else you care to play.

If we play anything other than fighters, I'm a big puzzle gamer and always up for Tetris :)

Noob
Winter Brawl is shaping up to be a SICK tournament. We're potentially looking at one of the biggest MK2 tournaments in recent memory as well, especially with DCIGuy coming.

A few quick things:

First, the MK Games that KombatNetwork is planning:

MK9
UMK3
MK2
MKDA(if enough people want it)
MKDC(if enough people want it)

Now, I'm not saying we will get it all done, but we're gonna try and we're gonna work on getting matches streamed/recorded.

You can also count on KombatNetwork to bring you more KILLER INSTINCT. We're working closely on this one with Killerinstinctonline.net to try and get some input from Redeyeguy and make this the best KI tournament yet.

With regards to MK2:

Last year's Winter Brawl had a pretty big turnout... actually one of the best in recent memory with 19 players...many being capable players and at least 4-6 who could have won it. I will be contacting as many people and players as I can because I would like to see a HUGE MK2 turnout for WB as well as a huge turnout for UMK3.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
Winter Brawl is shaping up to be a SICK tournament. We're potentially looking at one of the biggest MK2 tournaments in recent memory as well, especially with DCIGuy coming.

A few quick things:

First, the MK Games that KombatNetwork is planning:

MK9
UMK3
MK2
MKDA(if enough people want it)
MKDC(if enough people want it)

Now, I'm not saying we will get it all done, but we're gonna try and we're gonna work on getting matches streamed/recorded.

You can also count on KombatNetwork to bring you more KILLER INSTINCT. We're working closely on this one with Killerinstinctonline.net to try and get some input from Redeyeguy and make this the best KI tournament yet.

With regards to MK2:

Last year's Winter Brawl had a pretty big turnout... actually one of the best in recent memory with 19 players...many being capable players and at least 4-6 who could have won it. I will be contacting as many people and players as I can because I would like to see a HUGE MK2 turnout for WB as well as a huge turnout for UMK3.
I am loving the Killer Instinct Revival Of 2011. This whole ;ast few months has had so much KI-vibing, it's $$$.

Under 2 months to go, everybody, so it's time for pedal to meet medal - COME FORTH, MULTI-FACETED WARRIORS.
We now have potentially SIX different mediums on deck to compete in, six different opportunities for battle and victory, and six different reasons for you, the KOMBATANT, to get your happy behind to Philadelphia in February.
To those who've already counted themselves in, and even those who haven't but want to lend a hand, I beseech you, my friends...I really want to help in getting this show as high on blast as humanly possible and leave no stones unturned as far as competition and making sure every would-be-battle-ready-body knows this show exists, so please, pretty please, any help from a signature advertisement to word of Facebook/Twitter, to standing on top of the Univeristy Of Penn hospital helicopter pad with a megaphone and shouting to the heavens, Winter Brawl needs your help.
The more steam we get behind the train, the stronger its force will be when it comes plowing through Sheraton Station in 2 months.

:D.

Noob
I am loving the Killer Instinct Revival Of 2011. This whole ;ast few months has had so much KI-vibing, it's $$$.
I'm glad you're liking the KI revival. We're working hard on making WB a huge MK experience... and possibly have a few things in the works. I will have more info soon though.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
I'm glad you're liking the KI revival. We're working hard on making WB a huge MK experience... and possibly have a few things in the works. I will have more info soon though.
Sounds like a plan, my man.
Can't wait for MKDA. All the goodness of 3D, without the constant worry of deathtraps.
I gotta dig up my copy and get my Quan Chi & Bo Rai Cho outta the closet.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
Im trying to get some great swag for you guys.
Excellent. I do enjoy swag.

This show needs some serious hype.

How about this.
How about, if the "Championship Commitee" approves, we have an X-Amount of players, double elimination KotH-style gauntlet.
Last Man Standing. Insert badass gimmick name here.
Winner gets a title shot at DetroitBallin & the Belt, and a 1'st round bye in the tournament.

Thoughts?

DanCock

Cock Master!!
@onboxyrobot and [MENTION=58]9.95[/MENTION] I'd rather play mkD and Mka. I'll personally pass on mkda and mkdc.

Sent from my iPad 2 using Tapatalk

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
Alright so it looks like David_GEM and one of his buds are going to room with me. I'm open to one other person joining if they wish.

BigE

Elder God
I have a lot of great news for you guys next week.

Namco, FR15, and a few more things get ready.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
I have a lot of great news for you guys next week.
A cosplay Jade and Skarlet to walk around with Round 1/2/3 cards during the fights?

:D :D :D.

In all seriousness though, impending good news is excellent.
Planning plans of a planning nature to get everybody excited.

The new year of Kombat has begun, gentlemen.
And this is where the first Major opportunity to test its Might in the eyes of the beholders will take place.
Let's make it a fucking strong one. Breaking that diamond and so forth.
Bam, bam, bam.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
Idea #1 On Box's List Of Ideas: a 3-on-3 Team Tournament the night before the show.
If you're gonna be in Philly friday night, and you play Mortal Kombat, you are eligible.
Sort amongst yourselves and pick your teams.
Come that Friday night, we'll have ourselves a battle of the 3 headed monsters.
4 teams would be good. 8 would be better.
If enough people want in, we could throw in on a pot and make a prize out of it.
Either way, this really oughta happen.
Sooooooooooooooo...all of you guys planning on attending WB, if you want in on something fun, kombative and hype as fuck to do to warm up before the big night, this is your bag of snacks. Get at me, friends, let me know who wants in. Once I get at least 4 teams, I'll give it a thread.

*hopes he gets picked for a team with a plausible, awesome combined nickname*

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
Also on the table: MIKE METROID'S TOURNAMENT OF LUCK (Details Forthcoming)

Me and Mike can't be the only fans of TYL in the building.

WIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINTEEEEEEEEEEEEEER BRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWL

OK, Dookie makes it 4.
looking forward to seeing all you guys again. this time i can stay the whole weekend, i aint got shit to do other then sit on unemp benefits,lol. no stress to get home quickly:)

if i bring a ps3 is there any chance at all to run mk1?

and i still have a projector i can bring if need be.

Tim Static

Adminerator
looking forward to seeing all you guys again. this time i can stay the whole weekend, i aint got shit to do other then sit on unemp benefits,lol. no stress to get home quickly:)

if i bring a ps3 is there any chance at all to run mk1?

and i still have a projector i can bring if need be.
Good shit, Shane. Sucks to hear about the unemployment. I feel ya. :(

ALso, for [MENTION=58]9.95[/MENTION] [MENTION=255]Shock[/MENTION] [MENTION=9821]Dark_Rob[/MENTION] to see