What's new

GVN Winter Brawl 6 - Frozen Battlegrounds- Feb 18th and 19th-... (Philadelphia Pa)

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
Constant exposure to the SF community. Just a thought anyway. If people aren't into that idea it's no worries.
I used to think this way... trust me, but us having our own room even if it is smaller = much better. The main room will be impossible to move in... and for our setup at NECXII we had a projector so everyone could watch the main setup on the wall and to do this you need a dimmed room which the main room will not be dimmed. Check it out here:

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
If we got the same room, with that projector setup, and no chaos or church ceremonies getting us booted out, it would be the best possible way to run it. If I had any faith in the Capcom rooms not to completely troll us from pillar to post, setting up together might be a good idea, but I'm way more in favor of us just playing the lone wolf and putting on our own completely rambunctious and ripe for hype show.
Hell, if the hotel wont throw us out, we should go full blown indy-wrestling-show status - chants, get-hype clap-offs, give Paper Legend the opening bout ala Brady Vs Noobe so he can enter the room with the Sandman entrance, complete with a kendo stick, a beer, an unlit cigarette, and "Enter Sandman" blaring on a radio for everyone to sing along to. Just food for thought, but I definitely think giving that room a second take will provide for a really good show. Even if its gotta be run via phone again, at least this time we'll be prepared, yknow?

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
Just throwing this out there now before I start booking flights...

Roundtrip flight from Reno to Philly is about $600. Hotel fees will be near $300. To help save some money, would anyone be willing to let me bunk with them at the hotel?

SwiftTomHanks

missiles are coming
I hope MK gets some WiFi next time. That was a huge slap in the face to have everything streamed via cellphone. Even top 8 was almost ruined since most of the capcom players in the room viewed us as a distraction. I'd rather keep everything in our own room next time. They didn't even have a projector in capcom room - I'm glad I got a good seat.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
I hope MK gets some WiFi next time. That was a huge slap in the face to have everything streamed via cellphone. Even top 8 was almost ruined since most of the capcom players in the room viewed us as a distraction. I'd rather keep everything in our own room next time. They didn't even have a projector in capcom room - I'm glad I got a good seat.
My hope is that, having seen how bad it got last time, there'll be enough time between now and WB for the powers that be to ensure the show will go on as swiftly (lulz) and seamlessly as possible.

I cannot fucking wait.
This time, IMAFIGHTEVERYBAHDAY.
All my stuff works, my techniques are getting delicious, and now I'll actually have some confidence to challenge pretty much everyone I run into and know even in getting bodied that i'll be going at max flux capacity.
My Jamaican Bobsled Wizard and your Red Devil must dance. I really need work fighting Sek.

Oh man how did I miss this thread. Obviously I'm in there for MK9, also Skullgirls if it's out by then. Maybe Soulcalibur 5 as well, although I'll have to be adequately convinced that it doesn't suck.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
Oh man how did I miss this thread. Obviously I'm in there for MK9, also Skullgirls if it's out by then. Maybe Soulcalibur 5 as well, although I'll have to be adequately convinced that it doesn't suck.
Awesome :D.

So for the pretty-much-confirmed list, along with Shock, Phil and everyone running the show, that makes...

-Lieutenant Box.
-DCIGuy.
-mcpeanuts.
-Jer.
-Blackula.
-Storms. (
if he isnt manning the PHONE KAM.)
-CitizenSnips.
-PimpUigi.

...Damn. We need some bodies.

WHERE YOU AT ANYONEWHOSGONNABEREMOTELYNEARORWANTSTOMAKEITTOTHISSHOW?

CptXecution

Brain Dead Bro
Consider me there I'll be confirmed by the end of the night.

I'm sure people like the CD brothers, Brady, all the VSM cast will be there.

PimpUigi

Sex Kick

So for the pretty-much-confirmed list, along with Shock, Phil and everyone running the show, that makes...

-Lieutenant Box.
-DCIGuy.
-mcpeanuts.
-Jer.
-Blackula.
-Storms. (
-CitizenSnips.
-PimpUigi.

I can't speak for these people, but I'd wager they're coming.
SwiftTomHanks
xxTeefxx
AC1984
CD
CD JR
Maxter
KT Smith
ZeroEffect

And here's hoping [MENTION=5216]Mikemetroid[/MENTION] makes it.

PimpUigi

Sex Kick
[MENTION=5216]Mikemetroid[/MENTION] I just realized you really like Mileena's 234 string!

Every time you win a round, don't forget to point right at the screen and say "Damn I'm good!"
And don't forget to yell "Johnny Cage!" every time you do the EX shitty thomas.

MKB

Forum General Emeritus

-Lieutenant Box.
-DCIGuy.
-mcpeanuts.
-Jer.
-Blackula.
-Storms. (
-CitizenSnips.
-PimpUigi.

Well, don't count me in just yet. I need to see if someone will allow me to bunk with them first. This is a lot of money to shell out for a cross country trip just to play video games.

PimpUigi

Sex Kick
Well don't count me just yet. I need to see if someone will allow to bunk with them first. This is a lot of money to shell out for a cross country trip.
Anyone who has a car is welcome to stay at my house. It's thirty minutes from the venue.

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
Anyone who has a car is welcome to stay at my house. It's thirty minutes from the venue.
Thanks for the offer, but I am coming in via plane to the Philly Airport which is less than 3 miles away. I'll just get a cab to the hotel. I would prefer to bunk with someone already at a hotel.

Mikemetroid

Who hired this guy, WTF?
[MENTION=5216]Mikemetroid[/MENTION] I just realized you really like Mileena's 234 string!

Every time you win a round, don't forget to point right at the screen and say "Damn I'm good!"
I've been practicing, don't you worry.

After everytime I win my match, I'll put on my shades "He Got Caged!"

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
:D Excellent stuff, guys.

So...updated looks like this:

In Like Flint:
1. Lieutenant Box.
2. mcpeanuts.
3. Jer.
4. Blackula.
5. Storms. (if he isnt manning the PHONE KAM.)
6. CitizenSnips.
7. PimpUigi.
8. CptXecution
9. MikeMetroid

Possibly/Really Hoping Will Be In Like Flint:
-DCIGuy.
-SwiftTomHanks.
-xxTeefxx.
-AC1984.
-Crazy Dominican.
-CD JR.
-Maxter.
-KT Smith.
-ZeroEffect.
-JimmyPotato.

[MENTION=6624]Maxter[/MENTION], you wonderful fellow. Will you guys be in Philly?
I'm greatly looking forward to get a for serious shot at your Johnny...you created a monster, brother :D.
Really hope you and the VSM/NYC guys are headed up. Now Ill actually be able to FIGHT all of you rather than spectate.

I HAD AN IDEA...as far as building hype for this show...just a crapshoot thought, but hear me out.

We can't have Bit Vs Brady 'til Atlanta.
We can, however, for the sake of setting the interest in this show ablaze, make a gimmick out of it.
This seems like it's gonna be a show for the lesser-known but supremely powerful young bucks of the game to make an impression and show their stuff (like a certain pal of mine whose Sektor has cheese on his head did recently...), so how about this...
TEAM BIT VS TEAM BRADY.
In complete secret, not to be revealed until it opens the show ala Tom/Noobe, they could choose their 3, 4, 5 players, whoever they may be, and mix a few champs with a few of the up-and-comers on both sides. Get the bearded one on Skype or Storms' phone or something to that effect, banter back and forth a little bit, teams are revealed, cheers and excitement are had because no matter who it is, we're all peoples so we're all gonna get hyped for one another...idk what alterior purpose itd serve, maybe the winner(s) get a bye out of first round, but its more just to the effect of taking all the excitement building around this brewing rivalry/all the other building rivalries both between players and regions, and using that hype to fuel another show and start the shindig hot with a free-for-all between the chosen warriors of the impossible force and the immoveable object.

Idk. I think it'd be a cool little gimmick. Like the PPV before Wrestlemania.

SwiftTomHanks

missiles are coming

If there is one thing we don't need in the MK community, it's a Juicebox. He's the Juri player who mimics all her shit when he wins a round. I've never wanted to go Noel Brown on someone before my entire life. Or to put it in MK terms, I'll Goro Cage's sunglasses on the spot.

Mikemetroid

Who hired this guy, WTF?
If there is one thing we don't need in the MK community, it's a Juicebox. He's the Juri player who mimics all her shit when he wins a round. I've never wanted to go Noel Brown on someone before my entire life. Or to put it in MK terms, I'll Goro Cage's sunglasses on the spot.
While I understand what you're coming from you must not realize that iconic yell

Don't forget MK is a violent, loud, and hilarious game. Its out of good spirit and for hype.

CptXecution

Brain Dead Bro
Thanks for the offer, but I am coming in via plane to the Philly Airport which is less than 3 miles away. I'll just get a cab to the hotel. I would prefer to bunk with someone already at a hotel.
I believe there's a shuttle for free from the airport to the hotel.

Jimmypotato

Mid Tier
I'm 90% confirmed for this, I'll know in early Jan if I'm coming for sure, and I will need someone to Hotel with as well.