What's new

GVN 6 Winter Brawl Shoutouts

Shady

Noob
Fuck it, I'll be the one to start this thread and talk about all the people I met down in Philly this weekend. Honestly, if someone told me a year ago that I'd be travelling 11 hours on a bus to play Mortal Kombat and meet a bunch of awesome individuals who I can see myself hanging out with even outside of MK I would have laughed pretty hard. Now I'm telling this to other people :p. If I forget anyone I'm sorry.

To Make this better, listen to this while reading and typing up stuff:

DanCock, you get the first one because you pretty much let us stay in your room. Thanks for the awesome hospitality and picking me up at the bus station Friday night. I totally still owe you a meal next tournament we're both at. Also, I hope the change to pad is seamless for you as well.

OneBoxyRobot All I'm going to say is I hope you found your shirt and shoes that Sunday morning as I didn't stick around to see the resolution to that particular endeavor of yours. You're one funny dude and it was a blast even though we didn't get our Hidden Random Select Money Match.

SwiftTomHanks Hey man, thanks again for your amazing hospitality. Sorry for making you get up that early on Monday to drop me off. If you end up coming to Toryuken I will more than happily return the favor (but only if you bring Wawa ice tea). Also:
1. Kung Lao babality challenge is the greatest thing ever
2. Goddamn, I'm scared of Sektor now, and I will never learn about the B1 at the beginning of each match
3. After watching the stream, great commentary.
4. WNBA stay strong!!!!
P.S. Sorry for eating most of the pizza......

Eazail, nice to finally meet you man. That Kung Lao is hyperactive, it was fun to watch you play him. Also, that Burger King breakfast man!!!

rev0lver, good job in the tourney and I'm a little sad we didn't actually get to play matches with me using Sonya or Kabal, would have been fun. Just one more thing did you text Pig after the top 16 matches? :p.

Maxter, thanks a lot for all the advice. I swear listening to you talk about the game is contagious. I really hope to meet you at more tourneys. Also, you delivered what was probably hands down the best match of the tournament with that Cyrax beat down on Dark Raiden. Also, it's spellbinding to see Stryker used with such efficiency.

J360 opened my eyes up to the whole new level of Breaker mind games. First time I saw it Friday night, I was like "WTF?!". Also, Shady9XFree and JFree60 was the dynamic duo of stream commentary for pools 7 & 8. I hope to see Cyblax do even better in the future.

KT Smith just like Smoke's invisibility there really is no reason for you to not ever be on commentary. Also, thanks for teaching me about standing 2 (1?) AA for Smoke that blows up even the dive kick. I have zero match-up experience as Canada is devoid of a legit smoke player so my first reaction was like "some how he's cheating :)".

Blackula, damn man, did you really have to Jade me? I cried myself to sleep last night. Pretty deadly Kenshi too. It was kind of funny to see you sitting on your laptop in steam chat though right in front of the actual stream :p.

Claude VonStroke good shit man, nice to meet you and hang out as well. Snow White shall prevail further next time. Also, staying up until 3AM and then driving home is the most godlike new tech ever.

Shady

Noob
Death thanks for making me look FREE Saturday night. I definitely need a whole lot more lab time to go thanks to that. Hopefully I'll play you online at some point as well. Also, any truth to the fact that you're moving back to Canada/Toronto area?

Hitoshura, you try being sober for a change? Nah man, I'm just kidding, nice to finally actually meet you. Those were some godlike back and forth trolls all weekend, and next time I'm in NYC I will definitely give you a shout or something.

AC1984 definitely the best Kabal there not named REO. It's amazing to see how close you actually are to that perfection. Tough break having some difficult match-ups through pools, but big props for reaching the top 16.

RapZiLLa54, I. Don't. Like. You.... Nah, I'm just kidding, from showing up in full Reptile swag to some of the most delicious cookies you're the man!!! I wasn't even upset when I lost to you. That Reptile man, that Reptile.

Scoot Magee, didn't get to play you at all this weekend, but really wanted to when we were all hanging out in our room running casuals. Also, tough break on that Kenshi bullshit :p... I think the whole crowd was with you on that....

SonicFox5000 Holy crap man, that was some intense stuff you put the top players through. Congrats on the top 8 and we all know this is definitely not the last time you will achieve such great heights. The sky is the limit man. Someone needs to free us from Grand Finals tyranny of Reo vs. CDJr.

STORMS, hey man, nice to finally meet you as well. Thanks a lot for all you do for the community and all the room goodies in form of Gatorade, that saved me both mornings. Tough break having to play you in the first match up.

9.95 An immense amount of respect goes out here for running everything the way you did. It must have been one big headache, but you've handled it very well. Thanks a lot for supporting MK the way you do and doing soo much for the community. Oh, and thanks for letting me be on commentary for pools, that was great.

MK Peanuts, probably one of the better Kang's I've seen, tough luck in pools man, but I definitely hope to see more of the good stuff in further tourneys. Also, you got extremely hype through that day and that is commendable.

Shady

Noob
Jer & zaf, man, way to rep Canada hard. Jer just had to get matched up with his Arch-Nemesis (it will be that much sweeter when you beat him my friend) and zaf had to get matched up with a busted controller. The more we make it out boys the more we will prove that Canada is not free.

@Ernov aku, shout outs to the bus ride, to Patel and to everything in between. Good showing man, but you just had to get Maxter in your pool.

NeoRussell, We placed the same, does that mean I'm on your level now :p? I'm coming for your Toronto dominance my friend.

KevoDaMaN, thanks for running me through the gauntlet right before our pools started, it really helped me out. I found it ironic that if I beat AJ and made top 16 I would have had to face you....

CRAZY DOMINICAN, you're definitely the quietest of the brothers and I'm upset I didn't get to play the best Kitana out there in casuals. Thanks for the advice once again.... Also, what was the name of that converter that you use?

REO, shit, it was cool as hell being in the same room for the tourney, despite being utterly defeated by the alarm and snoring of other people. You're a funny guy and that Kabal is definitely above everyone else in terms of what you can do with him consistently. Thanks a lot again for the execution advice, I will try to put all of that together before the next tourney so I don't have to take my Sonya into her worst match-up again :p.

CD jr, can you please leave some tournament wins for the rest of us? Good performance once again, consistently solid, proving why you're probably one of the few most feared players in this community. Hope you do better in SC5 next time. Also, can't wait to see that Smoke go all the way.

@Klassy Sasquach (dunno if he posts here), only one thing to say... THAT COLE SLAW PIZZA!

PimpUigi, good Scorpion man, definitely did some things I've never seen before. Oh, just BTW though, if you start doing certain things during matches to build hype (Like screaming BAM BAM BAM BAM really high pitched during the Jax grab) and people don't join in and even ask you to kindly cut that shit out you're either A. Doing it wrong B. Annoying a lot of people trying to watch the stream.

In any case, if I forgot about anyone, I'm sorry, but over all this first tournament was a ridiculously fun experience and I am glad to have made the long trip across the border and struggled with a bus driver who appeared to be utterly defeated by snow. I've met a lot of great people who I can see myself being friends with even outside the MK community and I'm really grateful for that.

Maxter

Noob
I'm not good at doing shoutouts, but shoutouts to everyone, love you all mk community.
Shady daaaammmnnn who is that evil face on your avatar? it looks familiar lol,
it was nice meeting you too shady, you are a hell of a nice guy, hope to see ya again thanks for supporting the mk community coming all the way from canada, maybe one day i could take a trip there, see ya soon brother.

Mikemetroid

Who hired this guy, WTF?
Hitoshura - You're always the first person that I see when I go to tournaments. We finally got to play.

PimpUigi - Thanks for adding me to PimpTaxi bro. I'm pretty sure we are the same just a good decade apart in age. Always awesome to chill with you and play against your Scorpion.

MK Peanuts - TEST YOUR LUCK!!! I can confirm that you are now the Test Your Luck champion, but watch out... I will be back feeling more lucky than ever.

@Skkra- It was good meeting you, I hope to get your Ermac leveled up because I think you have the potential to completely blow my Cage up into porportions

OneBoxyRobot - Always awesome to hang around with you and talk MK. Oh and damn you partied hard on Saturday.

SwiftTomHanks - Go ahead, butcher my last name again ;) . Good job running pools man. I hope to see you again so I can actually play you.

Maxter - Money Shot Mirror Match. Feels good to find another Cage better than me that isn't Tom Brady. Hilarious to play with you...even if you weren't really sober.

SonicFox5000 - You better thank me for putting you on stream. Keep it up man, one thing you gotta fix though...Stop jumping.
AC1984 - Simon, it was INTENSE playing against your Kabal, I know next time I will win, but you are the shit...however no matter what happens in mk9 you'll rock me in UMK3

CD jr - Thanks for taking the photo of me punching RapZiLLa54 in the balls! Congrats on your win with the Wood belt

9.95 - You work hard for these tournaments and you do it like a boss. Thanks for everything.

CRAZY DOMINICAN - Thanks for joining me in complete commentary of the Sonic Fucks you up vs Brady matches, hilarious.

@Ernov aku...Picasso Intense Kitana man. You instant air Fan me like I was some chump. Can't wait to get more matches in.

rev0lver - Fuck your Pretty Kicks. <3 <3

Extra Shoutouts too: Shock, The guy who lent me his TE stick, MK documentary guys, Sushi, Tom Brady (Get my name right man!), Summoning, and all of you other MK players out there!

AC1984

Kaballin!
GGs to everyone. Definitely fun weekend...always pleasure to chill and play with the MK guys!!! Congrats to CD jr., Reo and Btbb for taking all MKs. See ya next time!Shutouts to Shock, Storms and 9.95 for putting such an awesome event.

P.S. Kevo, your Kabal is da sheet man!!!! the best I've seen after REO

SwiftTomHanks

missiles are coming
I'm not good at doing shoutouts, but shoutouts to everyone, love you all mk community.
Shady daaaammmnnn who is that evil face on your avatar? it looks familiar lol,
it was nice meeting you too shady, you are a hell of a nice guy, hope to see ya again thanks for supporting the mk community coming all the way from canada, maybe one day i could take a trip there, see ya soon brother.
Decided to get my own Maxter avatar as well.

AC1984

Kaballin!
GGs to everyone. Definitely fun weekend...always pleasure to chill and play with the MK guys!!! Congrats to CD jr., Reo and Btbb for taking all MKs. See ya next time!

P.S. Kevo, your Kabal is da sheet man!!!! the best I've seen after REO

P.S.2 Mike, I'm looking forward to play You more. Next time, I swear to god....I'll come more than prepared against Cage!

AC1984

Kaballin!
Very extra special thanks to a player who kept me going in times where I hated the game. take a bow Andrew. Without you buddy, I wouldn't even be playing MK competitively!!! You are definitely my closest friend and I have tons of respect for you and what you do for the community. Thanks for being my sparing partner, thanks for tolerating my saltiness, thanks for babying me numerous times, thanks for helping me to level up.You da sheet man!!!!!

G4S Claude VonStroke

@MK_ClaudeVS on twitter
SwiftTomHanks Thanks for being the fucking man and winning the babality challenge even in the tournament lol.

Shady was great to meet you and learn from you. Had a great time laughing and hanging out.

Maxter thanks for being so cool and honestly you are one of the coolest people i've ever met!

@CRAZY DOMINICANthanks for the ride to the hotel and being such a nice dude! Oh and thanks for the MK tips. 16 fans doesn't have shit on you. (damn did i just say that? DAAAAAAAAAAMMMNNN. :eek:)

CD jr hope you enjoyed the blanket. Damn you won again. What a shock! lol.

OneBoxyRobot thanks for the match man. Was fun.

Peckapowa thanks for being a cool dude and letting me crash in your room saturday night. Got some actual sleep!

summoning was great to meet you and hang out. You're awesome.

AC1984 was great to see you again man. Congrats on making the top 16. You ARE the best Kabal to me!

G4S Claude VonStroke

@MK_ClaudeVS on twitter
Revolver nice to see you again man!

Shock thanks for being so nice to me man!

Jer and zaf we nice meeting you two guys. Hopefully we can play again soon. Maybe MLG?

DanCock thanks for the ass whooping in mk2. It's been forever since i played that game! You are really good. Was nice to meet you, you are a real nice guy.

KT Smith dude, sooner or later you are going to win one of these majors with smoke. I can feel it!

SonicFox5000 damn man. The sky is the limit!

@Hitoshura thanks for the raiden tips. You are funny when drunk lol.

@RapZiLLa54 that ass whooping you gave me was not cool man. JK lol. Taught me a lesson, i really need to learn that match up! You are one of the best reptiles for sure!

Death WNBA making top 5? DAMNNNN congrats man! You are going to win one REAL soon.

Scoot Magee

But I didn't want to dash
This weekend was really fun. Shouts to all you guys who showed up, you guys all know who you are. Keep the MK community going strong. I'll get some names in here when I'm not so shot lol. I'm going to get some sleep.

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
I've been meaning to make a shoutout post but I just haven't had time, so many to do, but I would like to thank as always, Big E for letting us do our thing, Phil for being my MK brother and making all this work, along with another MK brother Storms who is really extremely important and probably more so than he realizes, Summoning for being so into the scene and my boss at the same time, Mario, Pherleece and Swift Tom Hanks for being bracket beasts and really hammering out the tournament for us, Arez and Simon for helping us out as much as you guys can, and thanks to Rich and his production crew for getting all that footage for the documentary. We really have a great staff and even though it's always somewhat changing, it's improving all the time. Thanks to Vic for streaming top 8 as per usual, thanks to Arturo for getting us elevated on the Hypometer and being such an important key to the community. I will try to break out more individual shout outs later in the week.

VIDA

Focused Grace and Intensity
I was just about to make this thread since no one else was. I'll post shoutouts when I get home from casuals tiday with a new tag ppl can actually remember/pronounce :S.