What's new

Grundy Community Response...

Hitbox_Tyrant

"R.T.S.D" -Alex Valle
All due respect to you as a player and the fact that I admire you using Grundy for your troublesome matchups, but Aquaman's B12 isn't throw immune. :p Most of his specials aside from his water shield are throw immune, so if I cancel B12 into scoop, that's when the throw immunity kicks in, since scoop is throw immune. B12 in itself has no throw immunity frames which I'm almost positive on.

Not trying to downplay one bit, just a teensy correction.
Oh my bad, B1 is throw immune. Doesnt really matter between the 2, I've tested it a million times theo. At the very end of WC,B1 is throw immune. You and every other AM player outplay me with it.

EGP Wonder_Chef

Official Quan Chi Nerf Demander™
"Can we stop pretending grundy isnt broken?" "The only matches tyrant lost he wasnt using grundy" -EGP WonderChef 2013
Yeah because you weren't even in practice with other characters, so that's obviously not a good time to switch.

And yeah Grundy is broken, he shuts down a lot of characters games completely, that doesn't mean he doesn't have weaknesses. I mean look at some examples, Freddy was a very broken character with an almost impossible matchup against Lao in MK9. Cyrax was insanely broken but still had problem matchups too. Hell, even in Injustice you have characters like Zod who are broken but have to overcome the MMH matchup.

Hitbox_Tyrant

"R.T.S.D" -Alex Valle
"Can we stop pretending grundy isnt broken?" "The only matches tyrant lost he wasnt using grundy" -EGP WonderChef 2013
Gief is way better than grundy plz dont compare. Faster normals, command grab is faster and reliable. Grundy has a shit ton of bad MU's and im done dealing with them. Theres no sugar coating it. Im tired of losing to dumb shit and then have the guy nxt to me smile and say "aww its ok its a bad MU". Fuck everyone seriously.

Hitbox_Tyrant

"R.T.S.D" -Alex Valle
Yeah because you weren't even in practice with other characters, so that's obviously not a good time to switch.

And yeah Grundy is broken, he shuts down a lot of characters games completely, that doesn't mean he doesn't have weaknesses. I mean look at some examples, Freddy was a very broken character with an almost impossible matchup against Lao in MK9. Cyrax was insanely broken but still had problem matchups too. Hell, even in Injustice you have characters like Zod who are broken but have to overcome the MMH matchup.
You dont main the fucking character chef. You counterpick me all the damn time and you're STILL saying hes broken? Idgaf ill say it, im outplaying everyone I play plain and simple. Whether you wanna except that or not its the truth. I've beaten everyone at WNF at least 2-3 time and won a few with grundy...in the land of justice league (top 5)

EGP Wonder_Chef

You dont main the fucking character chef. You counterpick me all the damn time and you're STILL saying hes broken? Idgaf ill say it, im outplaying everyone I play plain and simple. Whether you wanna except that or not its the truth. I've beaten everyone at WNF at least 2-3 time and won a few with grundy...in the land of justice league (top 5)
Damn, twice in two days has someone I played with come out and said that their playgroup sucks...

It's a bummer you think that way. I hope you find success with whatever top tier you choose to use.

And for the record it's not like I haven't played solely Shazam for like two weeks now, so it's not like I'm directly counterpicking you...

Hitbox_Tyrant

"R.T.S.D" -Alex Valle
Damn, twice in two days has someone I played with come out and said that their playgroup sucks...

It's a bummer you think that way. I hope you find success with whatever top tier you choose to use.

And for the record it's not like I haven't played solely Shazam for like two weeks now, so it's not like I'm directly counterpicking you...
STFU dude seriously I did not even say that. Im just tired of people listening to someone who doesnt actually play grundy. How'd you feel if I go around saying shazam is top 5 and he bodies every character bcuz I used him a couple times? And for the record you've used shazam on me prior to your little 2 weeks, bcuz you know he does exceptionally well against grundy. Chef pls

EGP Wonder_Chef

STFU dude seriously I did not even say that. Im just tired of people listening to someone who doesnt actually play grundy. How'd you feel if I go around saying shazam is top 5 and he bodies every character bcuz I used him a couple times? And for the record you've used shazam on me prior to your little 2 weeks, bcuz you know he does exceptionally well against grundy. Chef pls
Well if I had gotten 2nd at one of the hardest majors in all of Injustice and won several WNFs with Shazam, I might be inclined to agree with you. Or at least say "ah you're overexaggerating a bit!" I definitely wouldn't pop off on my scene for it...

And playing Shazam on you those like 3 or 4 times before these past 2 weeks wasn't a counterpick as much as seeing whether or not it was a counterpick. I mean he's obviously my favorite character so I was obviously going to try it and it's not like we ever played that match out of tournament.

EMPEROR_THEO

I only use characters with wakeup scoops.
Oh my bad, B1 is throw immune. Doesnt really matter between the 2, I've tested it a million times theo. At the very end of WC,B1 is throw immune. You and every other AM player outplay me with it.
Let's test it this WNF, from what I understand the 2 portion of b12 turns throw invulnerable when canceled to a special move that's not watershield. I could be wrong.

Last edited:

off topic but I'm pretty sure the better freddy players would tell you that lao wasnt that bad at all.

EGP Wonder_Chef

off topic but I'm pretty sure the better freddy players would tell you that lao wasnt that bad at all.
I heard the Kenshi community switch gears and call it 5-5 with Lao, but I never heard that from the Freddys, maybe I just missed it? Did a Freddy ever do well against a top Lao?

Phosferrax

Original Liu Kang cop.
After playing Grundy exclusively for a while I know the struggle. He has cool tools but he is just too slow, you can see what they had in mind for the character but why bother playing Grundy when you can just play Bane? No one is going to win any majors with Grundy down the line, he has too many stinker MU's.

Filipino Man

Retirement my ass
Let's test it this WNF, from what I understand the 2 portion of b12 turns throw invulnerable when canceled to a special move that's not watershield. I could be wrong.
All forward advancing moves are throw invulnerable against Solomon Grundy, such as my b113

Hitbox_Tyrant

"R.T.S.D" -Alex Valle
Well if I had gotten 2nd at one of the hardest majors in all of Injustice and won several WNFs with Shazam, I might be inclined to agree with you. Or at least say "ah you're overexaggerating a bit!" I definitely wouldn't pop off on my scene for it...

And playing Shazam on you those like 3 or 4 times before these past 2 weeks wasn't a counterpick as much as seeing whether or not it was a counterpick. I mean he's obviously my favorite character so I was obviously going to try it and it's not like we ever played that match out of tournament.
Wow ok I'm done trying to talk to you. I said what I needed to say and thats it. You're the best.

I heard the Kenshi community switch gears and call it 5-5 with Lao, but I never heard that from the Freddys, maybe I just missed it? Did a Freddy ever do well against a top Lao?
Dont think that matchup was played that much in tournament at all, dave was pretty much the only guy that did well with freddy. Nightmare stance works very well against lao and a lot of freddy players used to preach that. Lao vs kenshi just went from 7-3 to 6-4, some people just exaggerated and called it a 9-1.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
I'm kind of glad Tyrant got a chance to pop off. This has been a large part of the frustration in the Grundy community. I (or we) would post thoughts and complain about 'the struggle' yet got shut down and called stupid because 'Tyrant does well with him'.

1) When trait became clashable i said that ruined him..i was told I was wrong and that he needed that nerf. sorry Joker community...we had problems first.
2) Throw immune frames are BullShit in this game and effect nobody else besides him. Shazam and Bane don't ave these types of problems. We were told early on that 'He is sooooo good that every character needs throw immune frames to be able to compete.'
3) His dash makes his hit box bigger because he hops up in the air. So you have to WCC around zoning...he still takes full damage if airdashes don't fuck up your inputs first.

This has been a LONG time coming so HUGE shout outs and props to @RDK|Tyrant for telling it how it is. You finally settled this for all of us and you deserve thanks for that. The struggle is now real for everyone.

Relaxedstate

PTH|RM Relaxedstate
So can someone make a thread/list of every characters throw immune strings/normals? And what that necessarily means?

I think this would be profoundly helpful for many people!