What's new

General/Other - Goro Goro General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

4x4lo8o

Noob
The other two characters I play are getting nerfed for sure so I'm banking hard on Goro to get the Kitana/Shinnok treatment

D_Matt_Ma

Sheeva isn't Goro's wife. Goro is her husband.
The other two characters I play are getting nerfed for sure so I'm banking hard on Goro to get the Kitana/Shinnok treatment
You are a smart man... not for your decision, but on making that decision months after the game came out and after Evo. I on the other hand was dumb and held out only to waste my time.

4x4lo8o

Noob
You are a smart man... not for your decision, but on making that decision months after the game came out and after Evo. I on the other hand was dumb and held out only to waste my time.
Haha, I feel your pain. I've made the same mistake in the past and decided very quickly that I didn't want to risk being stuck playing a sub-par character for the entire games life. You have to branch out early, because after a certain point you're stuck with that character and can never truly switch your loyalty

Alright RyRy

Florida Kombat
They have to be careful with Goro, he will be Top 5. Give him a better advancing normal and a better AA and I would be very happy.

They have to be careful with Goro, he will be Top 5. Give him a better advancing normal and a better AA and I would be very happy.
Sticking with my guns for tweaking Shokan Grab for a massive AA hitbox. Just imagine his 4 arms swinging from behind his head, high into the sky to scoop shitty Shaolin dive kicks, and bring them in for an ass whooping.

Mortal Komhat

Worst Well-Established Goro Player Ever
I posted my list of ideas for changes in Forever King's thread against my better judgement.

Honestly though I sincerely believe NRS' answers are either in the common agreements or not present.

I have problems doing Krush with any sort of consistency. I've tried d, u+Blk and d, u, Blk, but both these inputs tend to give me regular stomp.

Any one have any tips or special inputs for this move?

D, Blk (hold),U has never worked for me. Maybe I should tap and release block?

Gonna try d u 4+blk tonight. Interesting input.

The most consistent input for me so far as been, d+blk, u+blk. Works like 50% of the time for me.

The more i play Goro now the more i think hes actually pretty viable now. Not top tier but certainly not bottom anymore.

Dragon Fang has an option for keeping pressure mid screen. We can finally punish things with a mid that leads into decent meterless damage, a GOOD anti-air move that doesnt require me to spend bar, and we have a corner string we can use on people who like to abuse delayed wake up that is end-able in absurd plus frames

Goro is finally starting to look pretty solid. The only things i REALLY want now is for the hit box on SG to be fixed

Last edited:

Alright RyRy

Florida Kombat
This character is better for sure, but IMO the only thing he needs is a faster advancing normal.

21 or 16 frames just does not cut it with the rest of the cast. I am going to make a thread about this 1 day, it really bothers me why Goro does not have a faster advancing normal.

It was the main point I wanted them to address and it wasn't, but I really like the Meter Control Goro has now.

What set plays are you guys doing after a connected d4?

Other characters can capitalise on it with some sort of run up 50/50, but Goro can't because his run is too slow.

Best I've come up with is rcf3 which leads to a pw/SG mix up

Status
Not open for further replies.