What's new

Question GL PLAYERS! Please list his bad MUs.

Orochi

Scorpion Scrub
MMH, Zod, Cyborg, Raven, and Sinestro (with trait) I feel can give him trouble, but GL will fuck them up up close.

Superman is no longer an issue, His pressure game was way scarier than his zoning game and they both got tuned down.

GL wins vs DS, I can't remember the last time I lost to a DS, maybe online if laggy and the reason for this is DS can't do shit about b13 close rocket power except trade in a very small window or burn a bar, basically a block infinite like Superman had on Ares.

Zatanna feels pretty even last time I played Deg, she def can outzone him but her normals are so slow you can go ham on her, who knows now this MU feels sort of like Raven.

Fred Marvel

It's actually Freddy Marvel
Yes it can go either way in that respect. Having a life lead is important in this MU which screams "even MU"...going either way like that is as close to literally even you can get without having a mirror match.

I wouldn't use Turbine to get in too much especially against zoning characters. It's 0 frame recovery but that's when it stops. In the air it can be punished by everybody in the game and on the ground if it's blocked leaves you negative. I, myself, am working on breaking that habit. Playing against players that don't really know that game can really spoil how you play that game by letting you get away with things you shouldn't ever get away with.
well she is only forced to go in if time becomes a factor or its a sizeable lifelead, in any other case (mst of the time) GL has to fight her way and that means him trying to get in

i dont use turbine to get in against zoning very often but superman using air heat vision is one of the case in which i do, sometimes i get blown up for it other times i get a hit and a dash into good range.

EnergyKD

AKA KHAOTIC Zeus
I completely forgot about Zod being a bad Matchup for GL, it might just be personal but i find it hard to get in on him sometimes with GL's shit dash and i refuse to turbine.

well she is only forced to go in if time becomes a factor or its a sizeable lifelead, in any other case (mst of the time) GL has to fight her way and that means him trying to get in

i dont use turbine to get in against zoning very often but superman using air heat vision is one of the case in which i do, sometimes i get blown up for it other times i get a hit and a dash into good range.
You can simply just through his heat vision, grounded or air, as soon as the end of it hits the ground. Air turbine leaves GL very vulnerable. I think it should be used very sparingly if at all.

If he thinks Zatanna is not a problem have him play Deg and that might change his tune.
There's a few characters, whether new character like her or changed big after the patch, that should be looked into more in depth before putting it down.

After watching videos of Zatanna gameplay she looks like she could give GL a hard time. Haven't played any still or seen any videos against GL, but she looks good.

Actual bad match ups:

cyborg
sinestro

Annoying match ups:

Batgirl
Raven
Batman

Not enough experience but I could see cases being made:

Zod
Zatanna

EDIT: Added Batman
With trait I can understand Sinestro, but without it wouldn't it be manageable? Overall making it a slight disadvantage?

I stress all the time that MUs can change during a match like Sinestro. But besides trait wouldn't it be just annoying but very winnable?

SwiftTomHanks

missiles are coming
Actual bad match ups:

cyborg
sinestro

Annoying match ups:

Batgirl
Raven
Batman

Not enough experience but I could see cases being made:

Zod
Zatanna

EDIT: Added Batman
After months of hatred towards GL, I agree that Sinestro has a noticeable advantage in the match up.

No Deathstroke? Not even under annoying match ups?

G4S KT

Gaming4Satan Founder
With trait I can understand Sinestro, but without it wouldn't be manageable? Overall making it a slight disadvantage?

I stress all the time that MUs can change during a match like Sinestro. But besides trait wouldn't be just annoying but very winnable?
Sinestro without trait is still really annoying; he can force you to guess at full screen and now that b12 is safe and true mid he can safely challenge you at b1 range where he could not before.

Once he gets trait out he can almost do whatever he wants. The problem is that once he gets faraway enough to pin you down there's nothing you can do to interrupt his charging, making it really easy for him to get it out often.

As an aside, all of these MUs are totally doable and I feel no need to have a secondary character. NOTHING like Smoke vs. Kabal/Cage/Sonya. Those matches were complete bullshit.

Rebelo

Noob
Damit guys im just going to make my gl match up chart
Gl vs flash 6-4
Gl vs nightwing 6-4
Gl vs batman 5-5
Gl vs cyborg 4-6
Gl vs green arrow 5-5
Gl vs superman 5-5
Gl vs mmh 4-6
Gl vs raven 4-6
Gl vs aquaman 6-4
Gl vs ww 5-5
Gl vs zatanna 5-5
Gl vs shazam 7-3
Gl vs batgirl 4-6
Gl vs lobo 6-4
Gl vs joker 6-4
Gl vs harley 5-5
Gl vs grundy 7-3
Gl vs zod 4-6
Gl vs lex 6-4
Gl vs catwomen 5-5
Gl vs ds 4-6
Gl vs scorps 5-5
Gl vs ares 5-5
Gl vs frost 5-5
Gl vs dd 6-4
Gl vs sin 4-6
Gl vs ba 6-4
Gl vs bane 6-4

No one has to agree with me but this just what i think and ive play the best of the best of people who use these char

Gl vs flash 6-4
Gl vs nightwing 6-4
Gl vs batman 5-5
Gl vs cyborg 4-6
Gl vs green arrow 5-5
Gl vs superman 5-5
Gl vs mmh 4-6
Gl vs raven 4-6
Gl vs aquaman 6-4
Gl vs ww 5-5
Gl vs zatanna 5-5
Gl vs shazam 7-3
Gl vs batgirl 4-6
Gl vs lobo 6-4
Gl vs joker 6-4
Gl vs harley 5-5
Gl vs grundy 7-3
Gl vs zod 4-6
Gl vs lex 6-4
Gl vs catwomen 5-5
Gl vs ds 4-6
Gl vs scorps 5-5
Gl vs ares 5-5
Gl vs frost 5-5
Gl vs dd 6-4
Gl vs sin 4-6
Gl vs ba 6-4
Gl vs bane 6-4

No one has to agree with me but this just what i think and ive play the best of the best of people who use these char
So 7 bad MUs.....

Rebelo

Noob
Gl vs flash 6-4
Gl vs nightwing 6-4
Gl vs batman 5-5
Gl vs cyborg 4-6
Gl vs green arrow 5-5
Gl vs superman 5-5
Gl vs mmh 4-6
Gl vs raven 4-6
Gl vs aquaman 6-4
Gl vs ww 5-5
Gl vs zatanna 5-5
Gl vs shazam 7-3
Gl vs batgirl 4-6
Gl vs lobo 6-4
Gl vs joker 6-4
Gl vs harley 5-5
Gl vs grundy 7-3
Gl vs zod 4-6
Gl vs lex 6-4
Gl vs catwomen 5-5
Gl vs ds 5-5 only because deathstroke has noway to get outta b1-3 rocket power so its pretty much a block infinte on him if he backdashes it hits him if he forward dashes it hits him so once gl get in his face its scary but a good ds can keep him out so from full screen ds favor and from back 1 range in gl fav so ill put it as 5-5
Gl vs scorps 5-5
Gl vs ares 5-5
Gl vs frost 5-5
Gl vs dd 6-4
Gl vs sin 4-6
Gl vs ba 6-4
Gl vs bane 6-4
Gl vs hg 6-4