What's new

GGA Slips wins GGA's Ghost Battle Series #16!

Jim

Emperor of the Moon
I'm really surprised you and Max were able to keep a straight face with 16 Bit on commentary. I was cracking up during that final match. Then he pops off on random people on youtube who were supposedly blowing you up for not punishing Bane. Awesome stuff by the way.

PS: What's the origin of the Jim chant during Flash's combo?
Thanks for the props. I occasionally crack a smile during the fights no matter how funny it is more of me is in the fight than listening during to the commentary.

I think GGA HAN started the Jim chant as a play on the 'ey ey ey' chant from a bunch of other games. I know people used to do it for long Cage juggles but I've heard it before MK too so not sure where it started. Its pretty funny and oddly helpful because I'm counting in my head and then watching their height for the end of the combo so there are less distractions.

The PantyChrist

Rest in Pantiez
The "JIM" chant might be one o the funniest/ hype things that happens at the GBS. Whether I'm in another match or watching or getting comboed. I almost don't even want to clash

RM Truth

Unintentional Tier Whore Follow me @TruthRM
Thanks for the props. I occasionally crack a smile during the fights no matter how funny it is more of me is in the fight than listening during to the commentary.

I think GGA HAN started the Jim chant as a play on the 'ey ey ey' chant from a bunch of other games. I know people used to do it for long Cage juggles but I've heard it before MK too so not sure where it started. Its pretty funny and oddly helpful because I'm counting in my head and then watching their height for the end of the combo so there are less distractions.
I wanna say it was from Yun's Genei Jin combos back in 3s and 4. Nevertheless, it's still pretty funny

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Honestly there were 4 things I liked most about this week...

1) Max's Bane play and him not resorting to full-screen charges. Always good to see. Also the venom debuff reset thing coming into play a few times was also nice, like it has before but its even cooler to know whats happening and seeing it.
2) Jim chants. Not going to lie, even I was chanting it. It was hype.
3) Wide variety of characters and playstyles. You guys put in serious work and its showing.
4) 16 bit's commentary. He never disappoints and the commentary cast is always so colorful.

GGA HAN

Galloping Ghost Arcade

Truth was right, it comes from old 3rd Strike days when people would chant "AY!" or "HEY!" every hit of Yun's Genei-Jin combos.

edit: like in this video from EVO 2004

Last edited:

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Truth was right, it comes from old 3rd Strike days when people would chant "AY!" or "HEY!" every hit of Yun's Genei-Jin combos.

We used to do this in MK too when it dropped :(

GGA HAN

Galloping Ghost Arcade
We used to do this in MK too :(
I know, it was around before then. Its really cool and hype when a room full of people do it, and I think you can use it whenever there is a combo happening with excessive, predictable juggle hits happening (Kabals b121 in the corner, Cage's standing 2, ect..)

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
I know, it was around before then. Its really cool and hype when a room full of people do it, and I think you can use it whenever there is a combo happening with excessive, predictable juggle hits happening (Kabals b121 in the corner, Cage's standing 2, ect..)
Man, people used to chant it SUPER loud for Kabal, haha. It used to crack me up how loud it was, back when Skisonic and Arturo were still doing MK commentary and the game was fresh.

RM Truth

KO. The greatest Yun player ever.

RM Truth

When Yun activates it he screams GENEI JIN!!!!!! In honor of this, can I motion that whenever Jim activates trait, can we scream in unison SPEED FORCE!!!!!

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
When Yun activates it he screams GENEI JIN!!!!!! In honor of this, can I motion that whenever Jim activates trait, can we scream in unison SPEED FORCE!!!!!
Sounds lame haha. He doesn't say "speed force", he just says "hurrragh!"
Honestly if Max ever does the b.1 b.1 b.1 juggles in the corner I'll "ay" at that haha.

coolwhip

Noob
Damn, just watched Slips vs. 16 Bit. That real master comeback reminded me of his comeback against Kevo in MK at UFGT.

coolwhip

Noob
Man, people used to chant it SUPER loud for Kabal, haha. It used to crack me up how loud it was, back when Skisonic and Arturo were still doing MK commentary and the game was fresh.
Ah the nostalgia. Though I have to say, the "Smoke Smoke Smoke!" chant was one of the most annoying things ever.

trustinme

xbl-OBS trustinme
Teleport, Teleport, Teleport is hype?

Lobo is the most hype character in Injustice.
scorpion isn't stuck in quicksand trying to get across the screen like the rest of the cast,he gets to play a different way than most characters so yes it's hype. Lmao lobo,u nobnose.

Last edited: