What's new

GGA 16 Bit wins Ghost Battle Series #68!

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Playtime for kitty!

With Bane away the cat can play! This has been the theme of season 6 so far and this week was no exception. I started off the night defeating Hruza Da Bruza before taking on Max in winners round 2. Max started off with Black Adam but was soundly beaten 2-0. Down but not out Max went to Bane and pulled off a successful snipe to move on to winners finals while Selina was left to fend for herself in the losers bracket. Her first challenge was herself, with N1k0lass trying the mirror. Similar to our first encounter months back it was extremely close, going down to the last game. The end came not with a whip or claws but the Wayne Manor motorcycle and has to be seen to be believed. Defeating Saucy Jack and Twisted set up a grand finals with Max. Determined to prove he could defeat the cat without venom Max tried Black Adam again. Unlike earlier this set was very close with Max making hay with bombs, whiffed dive kicks and mb f+3. He even managed to avoid certain death against the Atlantis wave. Catwoman clutched out a 3-2 reset but Bane did not come to the rescue. Max declared he wanted one more chance in the BA vs. CW match and stuck with Adam in the reset. This proved to be his downfall and Max would lose 3-1. Although he proved his Adam was nothing to scoff at he'll have to wait at least one more week before he can win a GBS for Kahndaq. The purring princess has now won 3 straight GBS, who will be the one to break her streak? Will Max pull it off with Adam or return to his back breaking roots? Can Twisted overcome his fear of cats? Will Saucy Jack's post Naptown slump end with a 3rd GBS win? Or perhaps PPJ will return and prove the best way to beat an animal girl is with another animal girl.

Twisted reached the top 3 for the second week in a row, defeating Jeremiah and Saucy before once again finding himself in the winners finals of the tournament. He was looking strong against Max's Bane, up 2-0 to start, before Max ran it back and narrowly defeated Limo. In the losers finals his hopes of a rematch with Max were scratched by Catwoman's claws.

Saucy Jack's Superman had been struggling against the god of war lately, even switching to Green Arrow to win a few weeks ago, but was able to play the match better and won a decisive 3-0 set. Despite success in one tricky match he was unable to swim the shark infested waters of the Aquaman match and then could not escape his feline fate in the losers bracket.

Jeremiah made a surprise character choice using Lobo this week. Perhaps last week's Aquafest was too much even for him. Telling us this was no troll he revealed he had been secretly starting to practice with the Main Man for a few days.

Truth's Batman defeated Hruza, who switched to Solomon Grundy when Damien was unable to defeat his father. Hopefully this shout to Tyrant is not an omen for the west coast warrior this weekend at NEC.

Results:
1. GGA 16 Bit(Catwoman)
2. GGA Max(Bane, Black Adam)
3. Twisted(Aquaman, Superman)
4. GGA Saucy Jack(Superman)
5. N1k0lass(Ares, Catwoman)
5. RM Truth(Batman)
7. GGA Jeremiah(Lobo)
7. Hruza Da Bruza(Nightwing, Grundy)

GGA's youtube channel:
https://www.youtube.com/user/phahn123

GGA's Twitch channel:
http://www.twitch.tv/gallopingghostarcade

DevilMaySpy

Mama's Little Bumgorf
Yeah Saucy, Ares/Superman is pretty annoying. His jump 1 beats ours. Good job on overcoming the odds though

Last edited:

MajinBerserker

My power equals yours!
Good stuff @GGA Max !! Adam's MB F3 works well, doesn't it?
I really liked your use of the Bombs. You seemed to get one thrown out a lot. I'm taking notes.
Making a lot of hay with jump-in attack into regular dive kicks, too. That risk. Living on the edge. Lol. But with random cross-ups, they're not that bad of an idea.

GGA Max

Good stuff @GGA Max !! Adam's MB F3 works well, doesn't it?
I really liked your use of the Bombs. You seemed to get one thrown out a lot. I'm taking notes.
Making a lot of hay with jump-in attack into regular dive kicks, too. That risk. Living on the edge. Lol. But with random cross-ups, they're not that bad of an idea.
Yeah man, his antics are super fun. There are definitely a few kinks I have to work out.

MajinBerserker

My power equals yours!
Yeah man, his antics are super fun. There are definitely a few kinks I have to work out.
You'll get it. His timing can be weird on some things and some combos require super tight confirms, while others are very lenient.
I did notice one thing about a dive kick combo you attempted in the corner (it dropped after a J1-dive kick, I believe)- if you confirm a MB kick into the corner and the opponent doesn't bounce back (just up due to the kick putting them all the way in the corner), you can do a nj2-dive kick in order to get a better, easier juggle into your combo ender. You have a few options after that, depending on trait availability/desire to use it.
I would suggest: (corner) MB dive kick-nj2-dive kick-11- insert ender here.
Enders after 11 could be: trait-b23u2 or 1+3 (this combo does 49-52%, I believe, depending on your b23 ender), black magic-b23 u+ender or drop a bomb after black magic.
Big dammy on these either way, just depends if you want ~40% or ~50%
Also, after a MB F3- I started doing a B2 right after they launch, followed by 11xtrait-B23Uender. The B2 ensures I confirm my 11. Sounds odd but I've found that I can confirm the F3 combo every time doing that. The B2 juggles the opponent a certain way that guarantees my 11 (obviously practice the timing). Just a thought for that 10/10 combo confirm.

Overall, with a damage output buff and a hit, or two, of armor added to his B2- I think this character could be viable. :)

There is something hilarious to me about Jeremiah using Lobo.
Yeah. I have decided to start trying some characters I have never played before. This is mostly a test for myself to see if I can see what makes a character good or bad on my own in the lab. If I can do well with this, then maybe when MKX comes out I will be able to choose a good main.

Edit. Not saying Doomsday was bad, I think he is really good. Just in general I would like to choose somewhat top tier in MKX.

Last edited: