What's new

Video/Tutorial General Zod's Advanced Strats, Frame Traps, Mix Ups and Tech Video

AK Pig Of The Hut

Help me out real quick please. I've been watching all your videos trying to learn Zod and I am trying this combo but it isn't working for me. After the 2nd rifle shot it just launches them across the screen and that is the end of the combo.

Here is me doing the combo and it not working:

I think this is the notation:
F2,1,U2, Air Rifle, J2, Air Rifle, 2,1,3, Zod Charge

It's from your match with Reno. Goto 18:10

Johnny2d

Xbl: Johnny2Die
AK Pig Of The Hut

Help me out real quick please. I've been watching all your videos trying to learn Zod and I am trying this combo but it isn't working for me. After the 2nd rifle shot it just launches them across the screen and that is the end of the combo.

Here is me doing the combo and it not working:

I think this is the notation:
F2,1,U2, Air Rifle, J2, Air Rifle, 2,1,3, Zod Charge

It's from your match with Reno. Goto 18:10

I can answer. You can't do the same speed rifle more than once in a combo or it knocks them out of it rather than juggling more. Use slow then medium then fast. Or fast medium slow. Or fast slow medium. As long as you don't use the same one twice.

-cheers

Johnny2d

AK Pig Of The Hut I almost always use d4 for trait grab but there was some advice in the other thread about using db or df 4 for the cancels you are doing... something about the stored inputs prior to the just frame when the input needs to be in. Are you using d4 in these or are you finding db or df better?

For the dash cancel I kind of like bb df4, its a fast double tap then immediate half circle forward (I play hitbox but I imagine this works well on any device). Same works for a forward dash cancel, ff db4 its a double tap forward then half circle back. The input actually isn't hard its kinda smooth and nice lol.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

I can answer. You can't do the same speed rifle more than once in a combo or it knocks them out of it rather than juggling more. Use slow then medium then fast. Or fast medium slow. Or fast slow medium. As long as you don't use the same one twice.

-cheers
Ahh, ok thanks. Didn't know that. Gonna try it out now.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
I had a difficult time playing and using ZOD tonight

I couldn't relax my Brain and just play the game, I was too concern w trying 50 different mix ups and never got into a groove like last week

In casuals after getting blown up in grand finals I focused one 1-2 things and it went way Better and I won most vs ak Harold

ZOD is gonna take a massively long time to master all his mix ups per match ups per situation

He is easily the hardest character in the game IMO so far to master

SimSim

Norwegian Lab-work Champion
There really isn't any point in learning and using all the mix ups off the bat.. Learn a few that is kind of 50/50 high low and start learning more when people start adapting:) We have a great toolbox to pick from though!

Johnny2d

Classic Zod question for you guys... Is this a glitch or is it intended? It really feels like 'Remember when Skarlet could cancel her slide into overhead slash?' I wonder if canceling lows to overhead trait grab is going to stay in the game or not :(

Johnny2d

I had a difficult time playing and using ZOD tonight

I couldn't relax my Brain and just play the game, I was too concern w trying 50 different mix ups and never got into a groove like last week

In casuals after getting blown up in grand finals I focused one 1-2 things and it went way Better and I won most vs ak Harold

ZOD is gonna take a massively long time to master all his mix ups per match ups per situation

He is easily the hardest character in the game IMO so far to master
I feel the same way when I play him. I feel months behind the tech thats been discovered. The stuff I found weeks ago is only now starting to get comfortable in actual matches and I still drop stuff. Its getting better though and now that stuff is getting easier in matches, I'm trying to learn and incorporate the new advanced stuff, which is going to take even longer. I'm cool with an execution and mind game character like this that is going to take a long time to master, it makes the game more interesting for me. Being a Skarlet main for 2 years felt the same way in mk and I welcome it in Injustice.

im new to zod but i do know a little about execution however i cant seem to do the mix ups with the low starter to my ghost over head like in the vid. Example go to 2:57....Plz help Pig

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
im new to zod but i do know a little about execution however i cant seem to do the mix ups with the low starter to my ghost over head like in the vid. Example go to 2:57....Plz help Pig
Hey man ggs earlier

Really dug that MMH earlier, sorry I didn't have a mic

Here's what I sent idylehandz to help him

Yea all his canceled strings into grab take time w the timing

For example summon trait and hit 4 and immediately roll your thumb across the buttons 12 while holding back then hit d4
That's how u do the 2 hit strings in terms of timing

You input everything before u see it happen in screen, when ever I do 4b12d4 I basically just have a "let it fly attitude"

For 4 f21 d4 it's the same just have to roll 2 to 1, you cannot press it. Well u can but rolling is easier

For 4 f2 d4 the timing is odd. There's a slight pause between 4 and f2 and d4 immediately after f2

You can also do 4 213 d4 and with this I just roll my thumb counter clock wise from 4 to 213 then immediately hit d4

It takes a sec to really home in on it

Hey AK Pig Of The Hut is it still possible to do those normal cancels into Trait Grab????Because I have been doing them before but now I always get Trait Slash instead of Grab. Maybe its just me though haven't played Zod for a while