What's new

General discussion Tech/Strategy/Questions

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
It might make for good block pressure if your attempt to read an anti-air fails and you wanna stay on the offense...unless they can duck the EX teleport after the neutral jump-punch, in which case what I just said is negated. I'll have to mess around with this.

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
standing 1, lol are you serious? doesnt that lose against jump in punches? its pretty slow for an anti air
Dude, keep in mind that you're speaking to the guy we pretty much consider the Godfather of Scorpion. I'm sure he knows what he's talking about. I integrated a large amount of his Scorpion's style into my own. Thumbs-up to Slips! ;)

Too slow for online, but is good for offline.
Dude, keep in mind that you're speaking to the guy we pretty much consider the Godfather of Scorpion. I'm sure he knows what he's talking about. I integrated a large amount of his Scorpion's style into my own. Thumbs-up to Slips! ;)
Yes I know thats why I asked him, if it was somebody else I wouldnt even have bothered to ask because im more than happy with d1 already. Im gonna test this but it seems the risks of messing up your timing for standing 1 is pretty big. It might be affective against sonya because she blows up d1 real hard.

Slips

Feared by dragons. Desired by virgins.
Yes I know thats why I asked him, if it was somebody else I wouldnt even have bothered to ask because im more than happy with d1 already. Im gonna test this but it seems the risks of messing up your timing for standing 1 is pretty big. It might be affective against sonya because she blows up d1 real hard.
I agree d1 gets the job done on most people. Some players rely more on jk tho which d1 will lose to most of the time. Standing 1 beats jk's tho (and also jp's) but gives you less time to react. There's pro's and con's to everything.

I'm trying to get into the habit of standing 1 since I've used d1 for so long, but in the end I think it'll be the better option in most scenarios. If I'm in the habit of using standing 1 always I won't have to worry about adjusting what my anti-air is...I'll just get free damage no matter what they are doing.

Lord Beef

Death Metal and Trance
Neither of those two.

d1 is a good option, but I've come to prefer his standing 2 - for jump-ins, anyway. Had a good rate of success with it.

Now as far as cross-ups go, I'd lean towards d1.
I've been doing the same. Standing 2 all the way, love it.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

PimpUigi

Sex Kick
I use B2 to punish pop ups. You can get 40% off of the punish with good timing, and you don't have to worry about the 2 whiffing in the 35% punish.
I might start punishing pop ups with jump over punch though, for the 38% BNB combo. I heard that works to punish pop ups.

I use AA options depending on the range at which the opponent jumps, and if I know they're going to jump or not.

Closer non cross up jumps are punished by 3 since D1 will whiff. - Standing 2 would work as well, but I find if I'm using the 2 to the degree where it will hit when 3 won't, the teleport punch will always miss. So I don't use 2 as AA.
Average jumps are punished by D1.
Farther jumps are punished by D4...
And the times I know they'll jump...honestly I like the NJP a lot. But, every once in a while I do go for an AA B2 when I think I know they'll jump (this is rare though).

I guess I'll look into standing 1's now that Slips mentions them.

Saint

Noob
I agree d1 gets the job done on most people. Some players rely more on jk tho which d1 will lose to most of the time. Standing 1 beats jk's tho (and also jp's) but gives you less time to react. There's pro's and con's to everything.

I'm trying to get into the habit of standing 1 since I've used d1 for so long, but in the end I think it'll be the better option in most scenarios. If I'm in the habit of using standing 1 always I won't have to worry about adjusting what my anti-air is...I'll just get free damage no matter what they are doing.
You still use d1 for crossovers tho, right?

YOMI DJT

LIn Kuei Champion
You know Stryker can roll then do enhanced roll right after but did you know scorpion could do slide then enhanced slide right after me nd my bro tried it out in training mode it works a little bit of new tech

miloPKL

soundcloud.com/pukelization
very misleading thread title. here i was expecting an in depth analysis of how and why scorpions moves are all better than strykers but instead i got a sentence about one move that isnt remotely similar except for its ex string property

two thumbs down, 1/10 half eaten potatoes, told the teacher and called the cops.

You know Stryker can roll then do enhanced roll right after but did you know scorpion could do slide then enhanced slide right after me nd my bro tried it out in training mode it works a little bit of new tech
This was known since the release of the last patch when the slide was buffed. Unfortunately it's not a very effective tactic. It works but why isn't it effective? Scorpion is meter dependent, so his meter should be saved for more rewarding things like (EX) Teleport and (EX) Spear.

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
This was known since the release of the last patch when the slide was buffed. Unfortunately it's not a very effective tactic. It works but why isn't it effective? Scorpion is meter dependent, so his meter should be saved for more rewarding things like (EX) Teleport and (EX) Spear.
Definitely need to save meter for his better options but it is still a good idea for a match finishing strategy at the very least

quandaghost

kung lao swag walker
Denzell this is not good to do as scorpion should be saving his meter for his more riskier endeavors. With him being meter dependent he needs it for better options, and better damage use this to end a match if you feel they wont jump but otherwise there are better options for you

Scoot Magee

But I didn't want to dash
It's actually a really good idea to keep momentum in your favor as a scorpion player. People are going to pressure you after you get your take down blocked so you should throw this out sometimes to keep them in check. It will in turn allow you to keep pressure if they don't want to take any damage. EX spear is also an option depending on character hitbox and the player.

Scoot Magee

The take down is a really good move. Experiment with it against characters wake up attacks, it beats a lot of shit.

It's actually a really good idea to keep momentum in your favor as a scorpion player. People are going to pressure you after you get your take down blocked so you should throw this out sometimes to keep them in check. It will in turn allow you to keep pressure if they don't want to take any damage. EX spear is also an option depending on character hitbox and the player.
He's talking about the move in terms of pressuring your opponent not your opponent pressuring you. This tactic sucks IMO. after a landed takedown you should hellfire to condition your opponent to jump. Then when you land another takedown you can effectively anti-air. After a blocked takedown you can D+1 your way out of most situations. All characters can be jailed into EX Spear with D+4 xx EX Spear. EX Spear should be used to negate jump ins and projectiles. In character specific situations you just need to know whats coming next. For example, Vs Kung Lao if you block 2,4 most likely a Low Hat will be the follow up so you can counter with EX Spear. Another example is J.Cage frame traps after he pokes most likely F+3 is the follow up so you blast him with EX Spear.

Enenra

Go to hell.
He's talking about the move in terms of pressuring your opponent not your opponent pressuring you. This tactic sucks IMO. after a landed takedown you should hellfire to condition your opponent to jump. Then when you land another takedown you can effectively anti-air. After a blocked takedown you can D+1 your way out of most situations. All characters can be jailed into EX Spear with D+4 xx EX Spear. EX Spear should be used to negate jump ins and projectiles. In character specific situations you just need to know whats coming next. For example, Vs Kung Lao if you block 2,4 most likely a Low Hat will be the follow up so you can counter with EX Spear. Another example is J.Cage frame traps after he pokes most likely F+3 is the follow up so you blast him with EX Spear.
Holy... That's great to know, thanks.

Scoot Magee

I'm familiar with scorpions options after a landed take down, that's not what I was referring to. D+1 will be beaten by pretty much anything that starts up in less than 10 frames so I don't really use that. Normal spear works just as good as an AA as ex spear so you can save the meter. I agree with using EX spear to interrupt strings with gaps.

I'm familiar with scorpions options after a landed take down, that's not what I was referring to. D+1 will be beaten by pretty much anything that starts up in less than 10 frames so I don't really use that. Normal spear works just as good as an AA as ex spear so you can save the meter. I agree with using EX spear to interrupt strings with gaps.
AA EX Spear I use when they land a jip or jik. You take damage but you get a free vortex combo