What's new

General discussion Tech/Strategy/Questions

Vagrant

Noob
So I was using this last night and had some success with it but kind of felt like I was getting away with murder at the same time....

After a character knocked me down I would check to see if they jumped in to continue to pressure if they did I would wake up tele it would hit and i would 111 spear them in air back into vortex.... it worked wonders on players with hardcore rushdown technique but I kind of felt like i shouldn't be doing it as it seems way too risky and against better players I'd more then likely eat another combo for it.

Your guys thoughts?

quandaghost

kung lao swag walker
Idk i like to be safe like if i have the meter then hellz yeah, but i usually wont risk it unless like i know they are gonna do it like you said cause then its almost like why not get free damage, and a mix-up. usually i just D1 to stop pressure or i block but as you seen i play very defensive

quandaghost

kung lao swag walker
dont thank me thank iniquity he is teh trol king and the one who made this lol. oh btw some of those matchups you had problems with and posted on mku i tried to list out how i treat them to helo you if you wanna look

fr stack

Noob's saibot or noob saibot's?
i remember playin u dude good games im probably guilty of eatin wake upp teleports a lot i like to blind rushdown wit noob i tend to eat a lot of stuff i really shouldnt:)

Vagrant

Noob
gg's to u too man and yeah I guess i'll keep using them in moderation but if they start expecting them i'll tone it down

So I was using this last night and had some success with it but kind of felt like I was getting away with murder at the same time....

After a character knocked me down I would check to see if they jumped in to continue to pressure if they did I would wake up tele it would hit and i would 111 spear them in air back into vortex.... it worked wonders on players with hardcore rushdown technique but I kind of felt like i shouldn't be doing it as it seems way too risky and against better players I'd more then likely eat another combo for it.

Your guys thoughts?
Teleport only anti-airs if you do it slightly before or at the same time your opponent jumps. In short, it is generally safer to anti-air with (EX)Teleport, and you and follow up with a juggle combo into vortex. AA (EX)Teleport - Teleport, dash, 1,1,1 xx Spear.

Saint

Noob
Scorpion's all about risks. Gotta take 'em sometimes!
I couldn't disagree more. You've probably just heard someone say this and replicate it.

Scorpion does not have to take ANY risk AT ALL, unless he's way behind on health. This applies to most characters.

Back to point, you've already answered your own question, it is unsafe.

Vagrant

Noob
I couldn't disagree more. You've probably just heard someone say this and replicate it.

Scorpion does not have to take ANY risk AT ALL, unless he's way behind on health. This applies to most characters.

Back to point, you've already answered your own question, it is unsafe.
It comes down to personal playstyle i think. I tend to play it safe unless i need to pull a comeback out of my ass

Saint

Noob
It comes down to personal playstyle i think. I tend to play it safe unless i need to pull a comeback out of my ass
Again, if you're judging by personal playstyle you (in plural) are risky, not the character. Apart fromthat you essentially said the same thing I did :)

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
It's a good idea until they stop trying to jump in on you when you're knocked to the ground. If they don't catch on to you, by all means, keep exploiting their weakness.

At the same time, I feel you on your concerns. Don't get too trigger-happy with it. Scorpion's best described as a huge guessing game even though he has some same options. Everytime I get knocked down, I'd just get the Hell out of there and see what else the opponent will do.

xInfra Deadx

Gimmick stolen by Jordan Peele
That's so risky cause you have to make a read on it...and we all know what happens when you make a bad read...

Sage Leviathan

I'm platinum mad!
While i am able to land the occasional d1 AA, im often incapable of converting to the teleport.
Lately ive been backing away and using standing 3~tele, and ive been pretty successful.

I would like to know: which AA do you personally prefer and why?

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
Neither of those two.

d1 is a good option, but I've come to prefer his standing 2 - for jump-ins, anyway. Had a good rate of success with it.

Now as far as cross-ups go, I'd lean towards d1.

SunnyD

24 Low Hat!
Use what is good for you, which in this case is standing 3. For me i find d1 to be more effective. Its a preference thing.

Slips

Feared by dragons. Desired by virgins.
Standing 1 seems to be the most consistent to me. Even beats most jk's. standing 1, jk tp 111 spear, jip f21 tp. 34% with vortex.

Well man I used to think 111spear njp b2 11 en hellfire was scorpions best combo.... Point being everyone starts somewhere lol....

For every 10 scrub scorpions if one of them takes the time to come on here and read this and improve their game play then it was worth the 20 min it took to write it up. (The other nine can contribute to my win column I guess.....)

Thanks for the kind words on the guide though man.
I play scorpion and i played him at a tournament and did well with him and some of these points that you've made are very intelligent. I didn't wakeup tele once at the tournament because i knew the players were ready for it and ex sweep a better wakeup or just blocking can work also. Hopefully all scorps look at this so there will be more good scorps around. I remember watching some scorps play at the tournament and they did the mistakes that you've said scorps shouldn't do and they wound up getting destroyed lol so this info u put is very nice :).

swag1

EX smash solves all
I heard that PimpUigi was using B2 as anti-air. It's pretty slow, but I think it has a decent hitbox itself and lowers Scorpions (hitbox). Best used if you predict a jump in, but best reaction is probably standing 1 (see Slips post) or D+1, D+4 ~ Spear, JIP, F2, 1 ~ Teleport [Vortex].

ryublaze

Noob
For those who want to be able to do the Great Void MUCH easier but 1% less:

1, 1, Spear, NJP, dash, 2, Teleport, dash, F4, 3, Spear (31%, 9 Hits)

Just replace jump kick with 2...

PimpUigi

Sex Kick
That's the AA spear combo. IMHO it's hard to do that combo on standing opponents since it's a different timing for AA spear and for standing opponents.