What's new

Future of MKX on PC; MKXL Enhanced Online PC BETA

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZeZe

The smart stuff!
This is fair. If they don't intend to support PC v. they should not look for support among PC gamers. They would have all the support if it was mutual. I guess MK tournament attending community feels very strong now, they don't need support from PC MK fans. How quickly it changed. I remember tournament players indicating how small Mk offline community is and how every support matters. Well, not any longer, apparently.

chris999

Noob
After this turn of events is pretty clear that there won't be any good news for pc anytime soon. With this move the most possible scenario is that pc is getting no new content at all. If there was a team working on pc right now to deliver any kind of content(characters, netcode, balance patches, stages), this skin would come out as well. So, the best case scenario for us is to get a komplete or xl edition after 6-12 months and the worst case scenario, to have an announcement, after 1st of March, that will confirm that pc version will be abandoned.

After this turn of events is pretty clear that there won't be any good news for pc anytime soon. With this move the most possible scenario is that pc is getting no new content at all. If there was a team working on pc right now to deliver any kind of content(characters, netcode, balance patches, stages), this skin would come out as well. So, the best case scenario for us is to get a komplete or xl edition after 6-12 months and the worst case scenario, to have an announcement, after 1st of March, that will confirm that pc version will be abandoned.
The worst case scenario would be continued silence, actually.

Haha. I came to see if there had been any news or updates, but are you guys really this desperate for mkx? just move on already and just avoid all nrs/wb products in the future.

you'll likely never get the new content for mkx pc, and even if you do, it'll be at a time when mkx is obsolete/irrelevant anyways. additionally, why would anyone want to buy it on PC 6 months later after all this? that's just adding insult to injury.

personally, even if the announced today that pc will get kp2 along with consoles, i wouldn't be able to buy it out of principle after this treatment. i hoped more people had some integrity.

ZeZe

The smart stuff!
Haha. I came to see if there had been any news or updates, but are you guys really this desperate for mkx? just move on already and just avoid all nrs/wb products in the future.

you'll likely never get the new content for mkx pc, and even if you do, it'll be at a time when mkx is obsolete/irrelevant anyways. additionally, why would anyone want to buy it on PC 6 months later after all this? that's just adding insult to injury.

personally, even if the announced today that pc will get kp2 along with consoles, i wouldn't be able to buy it out of principle after this treatment. i hoped more people had some integrity.
Well, to answer you the way I see it: this is what being a fan of a series does to you. I played this game as 10 year old on arcade machines, caught the virus, watched the MK movies, watched the MK series (was pretty decent), played MK games. I used to praise WB for bailing out Midway and even more for bringing MK back to PC with MK9 komplete edition. Now this let down.

I am among these people who'd rather this game was postponed on PC for half a year, heck even for a year. I'll still buy it. I fkin got MK 1,2,3 on GoG out of sheer attachment last year! You might not get it, but it's like with your favourite anything - you hope for the best for a long time. What I won't do however, is buy a console: never was a console player and I just can't use pad. Just can't and I have one (meaning, I tried my best). So this is my limit. But should this game be updated in the future on PC, I'd still be interested. Most likely during some sale, course I don't feel like my pre-order (and all other PC gamers' that pre-ordered) met proper appreciation from WB.

I'm not very attached to the other NRS title. If WB plans to releas it on PC (I hope they have dignity and will not, I won't buy it even if it has awesome netcode. MK is a whole different story though - for many people it is a special title worth fighting for on our platform of choice.

I don't really care for the extra content; I never buy DLC right away since it's always crazy overpriced, so KP2 I'd likely be getting on sale a year down the road anyway. For me, it's the balance patches I want.

The PC version is in excellent shape right now and is on par with consoles (until March 1st). Without balance patches, that separates both the community and discussion.

Kombos listed here on TYM will be based off the latest console balance. If I post for help with a match up, people are obviously going to give me feedback and tips based on the current balance and match up, not September 2015 balance.

It truly puts the game behind without the latest balance.

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
I don't mind if it comes a year later, but I do really want KP2 and all the balance patches to hit PC at some point.

I don't even own the PC version right now, but eventually when PS5 or w/e comes out, and I throw my PS4 in the garbage, PC is the only way I will be able to play MKX.
I want to preserve the game for the future.

ShArp

Dedicated Broly main
I can't stop laughing xDD.... Did they really just reuploaded that trailer to get rid of Steam logo? xDDDD

MMMMMONSTER KILLL

I don't really care for the extra content; I never buy DLC right away since it's always crazy overpriced, so KP2 I'd likely be getting on sale a year down the road anyway. For me, it's the balance patches I want.

The PC version is in excellent shape right now and is on par with consoles (until March 1st). Without balance patches, that separates both the community and discussion.

Kombos listed here on TYM will be based off the latest console balance. If I post for help with a match up, people are obviously going to give me feedback and tips based on the current balance and match up, not September 2015 balance.

It truly puts the game behind without the latest balance.
I dunno, man. Saying the PC version is in excellent shape feels more to me like you're *really* grasping at straws. Everyone I know from mkx, including myself, uninstalled and abandoned PC completely on January 20th (we were around 8-10 people in total.) Throughout the game's lifespan, it's currently at its 2nd lowest avg. players per month that it's ever been - and this is while it's still, as you say, on par with consoles. And it's *not* gonna get better once it's made obsolete on March 1st.

I'd want balance patches *and* KP2. What's the point of practicing with new balance changes if some guy picks Triborg and you've never seen his moves before? Yeah, I get that you can participate in discussions for non-KP2 chars and be relevant, but that's not a straight up positive, that's just the silver lining of an otherwise bad deal, anyways.

I dunno, guys. I'm still pretty surprised this is how it all went down, and while I'm not really invested into MK as a franchise, I find this treatment unacceptable, and cannot for the life of me justify another purchase with the NRS or WB tag on it.

I really, *really* hope they do NOT bring injustice 2 to PC, as that would be the biggest slap in the face for me and my buddies, actually.

I dunno, man. Saying the PC version is in excellent shape feels more to me like you're *really* grasping at straws. Everyone I know from mkx, including myself, uninstalled and abandoned PC completely on January 20th (we were around 8-10 people in total.) Throughout the game's lifespan, it's currently at its 2nd lowest avg. players per month that it's ever been - and this is while it's still, as you say, on par with consoles. And it's *not* gonna get better once it's made obsolete on March 1st.

I'd want balance patches *and* KP2. What's the point of practicing with new balance changes if some guy picks Triborg and you've never seen his moves before? Yeah, I get that you can participate in discussions for non-KP2 chars and be relevant, but that's not a straight up positive, that's just the silver lining of an otherwise bad deal, anyways.

I dunno, guys. I'm still pretty surprised this is how it all went down, and while I'm not really invested into MK as a franchise, I find this treatment unacceptable, and cannot for the life of me justify another purchase with the NRS or WB tag on it.

I really, *really* hope they do NOT bring injustice 2 to PC, as that would be the biggest slap in the face for me and my buddies, actually.
You're talking Online player base though, I'm talking about the game actually functioning. Offline, the game is exceptional. Online, the game plays just like the consoles (for another week), but with the smaller player base and the majority of the PC community being overseas, it seems that Online is worse than on console when it's actually the same deal.

In terms of if someone just picks Triborg, you do the same as what I did when people picked Predator or whatever; learn as you play. Most people, especially Online, are gimmicky and once you play a bit you can figure out the general things people try to do with that character.

Here's a better question though: Kratos was banned from proper competitive play because he was platform exclusive. Leatherface, Triborg and co are now platform exclusives. Will they be banned? We both know the answer to that.

I disagree on offline being exceptional. It works yes, but it`s content is a gimmick. Living towers are always on medium difficulty, which makes them braindead to play. Difficulties are also crap, because on medium, its too easy as i said, and on hard and very hard, AI reads player`s inputs.

I disagree on offline being exceptional. It works yes, but it`s content is a gimmick. Living towers are always on medium difficulty, which makes them braindead to play. Difficulties are also crap, because on medium, its too easy as i said, and on hard and very hard, AI reads player`s inputs.
I was referring to how it plays compared to the consoles. Whether you agree with the design of the Offline game or not is a personal choice. For the most part, I'm good with the design, and I even find the AI less of an issue than what it was when I first started playing.

Hard isn't once you get used to it; even with the input reads. Just did a best of 3 set against Very Hard for the first time last night, and man does it input read, but I took it three straight and only lost one round, which surprised me since Very Hard used to tromp me.

Sutter Pain

Your mothers main.
Pretty sure he was talking a vs a human.

You're talking Online player base though, I'm talking about the game actually functioning. Offline, the game is exceptional. Online, the game plays just like the consoles (for another week), but with the smaller player base and the majority of the PC community being overseas, it seems that Online is worse than on console when it's actually the same deal.

In terms of if someone just picks Triborg, you do the same as what I did when people picked Predator or whatever; learn as you play. Most people, especially Online, are gimmicky and once you play a bit you can figure out the general things people try to do with that character.

Here's a better question though: Kratos was banned from proper competitive play because he was platform exclusive. Leatherface, Triborg and co are now platform exclusives. Will they be banned? We both know the answer to that.
I think it's a stretch by any margin to call this game exceptional, offline or online. It's a wack fighter, which is part of the appeal, but also why a lot of the fgc can't take the game too seriously as a competitive fighter. But that discussion has no place here, so I'll leave it at that.

And, ehh.. again, I really think you seem to be grasping at straws to present PC as in a better state than it actually is. I mean, you acknowledge it "seems" the online could be worse, but that it's "actually the same."

It isn't the same, though.. like, at all. In practicality, PC online experience is horrendous compared to console counterparts simply because of player distribution. That's my point. You can't really say PC mkx is in a 'good place,' when it's sitting on 565 avg players. And this is while it's still not outdated yet! In a week's time, it'll be obsolete, and there's no way player numbers will do anything but dwindle.

And no I can't agree with that as a valid answer. If you're talking about offline play, and particularly in terms of competition, you cannot "learn as you play." I'm not gonna go get knocked out of pools because "I was just learning the MU as I played xD." You can't really say that you'll have enough time for casuals before that to get the necessary MU knowledge, because firstly, MUs take time to learn properly, and secondly, it's not guaranteed you'll have free access to something you don't own.

As a sidenote, your statement is also a bit silly given that you mention how most people online are gimmicky and you can figure out the general things, which.. is outright not correct, because we're talking about mkx PC so new chars+online does not go together in the first place.

As for the last part, no idea what you're talking about, but sure, from what you're saying, KP2 chars should be banned if they wanted to maintain consistency in their ruleset.

I think it's a stretch by any margin to call this game exceptional, offline or online. It's a wack fighter, which is part of the appeal, but also why a lot of the fgc can't take the game too seriously as a competitive fighter. But that discussion has no place here, so I'll leave it at that.

And, ehh.. again, I really think you seem to be grasping at straws to present PC as in a better state than it actually is. I mean, you acknowledge it "seems" the online could be worse, but that it's "actually the same."

It isn't the same, though.. like, at all. In practicality, PC online experience is horrendous compared to console counterparts simply because of player distribution. That's my point. You can't really say PC mkx is in a 'good place,' when it's sitting on 565 avg players. And this is while it's still not outdated yet! In a week's time, it'll be obsolete, and there's no way player numbers will do anything but dwindle.

And no I can't agree with that as a valid answer. If you're talking about offline play, and particularly in terms of competition, you cannot "learn as you play." I'm not gonna go get knocked out of pools because "I was just learning the MU as I played xD." You can't really say that you'll have enough time for casuals before that to get the necessary MU knowledge, because firstly, MUs take time to learn properly, and secondly, it's not guaranteed you'll have free access to something you don't own.

As a sidenote, your statement is also a bit silly given that you mention how most people online are gimmicky and you can figure out the general things, which.. is outright not correct, because we're talking about mkx PC so new chars+online does not go together in the first place.

As for the last part, no idea what you're talking about, but sure, from what you're saying, KP2 chars should be banned if they wanted to maintain consistency in their ruleset.
I think it's not, but you're jumping in different places and applying things I'm saying out of context as a result, which is breaking up the discussion, but whichever.

Nothing I say is going to change your opinion and that's cool.

seems like they absolutly dont care for pc Version from day 1 :( i mean there is no community manager.
fire tyler landsdown right now ... not a single post in the Forum on steam , not 1 excuse
if you go under steam under mkx you cant find a single contribution under
News ,
Client updates,
press Releases
product Releases
product updates and steam blog ...... how can this be. i would fire him because he make customers angry

there was no steam workshop for skins and co to make the pc version special.
not to forget a drop off pc support , is a drop of competitive gaming ... no more twitch viewers , last turnament i have seen, 19 Viewers... pc players are those who watch twitch most. mkx streamers like xaramaka and co stopped streaming but this can also be because he lost esl , who knows

i wont ever buy a wb game again , maybe with russian vpn for 5 Dollar and not for 60 euros on steam.

Last edited:
seems like they absolutly dont care for pc Version from day 1 :( i mean there is no community manager.
fire tyler landsdown right now ... not a single post in the Forum on steam , not 1 excuse
if you go under steam under mkx you cant find a single contribution under
News ,
Client updates,
press Releases
product Releases
product updates and steam blog ...... how can this be. i would fire him because he make customers angry

there was no steam workshop for skins and co to make the pc version special.
not to forget a drop off pc support , is a drop of competitive gaming ... no more twitch viewers , last turnament i have seen, 19 Viewers... pc players are those who watch twitch most. mkx streamers like xaramaka and co stopped streaming but this can also be because he lost esl , who knows

i wont ever buy a wb game again , maybe with russian vpn for 5 Dollar and not for 60 euros on steam.
Tyler was no the community manager for the Steam board or the PC version of the game. NetherRealm Studios is not involved in the PC version and never has been. Warner Brothers Interactive Entertainment, as the publisher, is the common link and decision maker, and they hired High Voltage Software, and then QLOC to do the PC version.

All press and communication for the PC version has (and should) come from WBIE. The only time this was broken was when Tyler informed us that Kombat Pack 2 and Mortal Kombat XL are not coming to PC, and he would have needed clearance to do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.