What's new

Future of MKX on PC; MKXL Enhanced Online PC BETA

Status
Not open for further replies.

eexcaliburr

Ancestors... oh, nevermind
So, PC still get some attention?? It gives some little hope. I accept that there's no KP2 on PC, I accept that there's no NETCODE on PC(but shitty!!!), but at least give us balance patch, I just want play with new deadly uncle Jax!

ZeZe

The smart stuff!
I don't even... We won't support your PC version with new content and online, but feel free to support tournaments only console players will be able to participate in, since they got all our attentio. I'm not even expecting repulsion from MK fans that play on console (majority of them seam to be bought by Sony/Microsoft and became rather console fans then MK fans).

Barrogh

Meta saltmine
I know we all love MK, but lets support developers that respect PC. That includes, KI, SFV, and Rising Thunder. RT is actually fun as shit.
To be honest though, KI devs are yet to prove themselves. So far I don't see so much as respect, I rather see intention to market that piece of malware called win10.

Not that I expect them to fuck up KI port (I have very high hopes), just pointing out that I'll believe it when I see it.

Hello guys, I couldn't watch the whole stream, but I watched the first 30 minutes. The interesting part is that in the promo video of the new ermac skin there is the steam logo again. This new skin costs 1.99 $ I think and it will be used to support the upcoming tournaments. So that means that if it is going to be delivered on PC, there is or there will be a dev team that will work on that and add it on the game.

What this could mean? We are going to have good news for PC in the next 10-15 days or WB/NRS has decided to troll PC players asking them to pay more money to support tournaments, where only console players will be able to participate. Let's see what will happen.
Adding skins is easy, hobo modders can do that, and this is direct profit for them.

Not so much with everything else.

I don't get why people still insist on hearing something from devs/WB. They already gave official final word: no content for you. How hard is it to understand? Do you need translation or something?

eexcaliburr

Ancestors... oh, nevermind
Okay, 3-5 ms delay is a good connection. Or not? Anyway, after MK9 this game with FPS rate and Ping meter has better one, and I want to play it even on PC.

chris999

Noob
at this point I totally think they're going for pc players' money without supporting them by doing KP2, selling skins is the next logical thing for them.
Let's hope that this is not the case here, not because I want to defend the company, but for the good of the game and mk fans.

chris999

Noob
To be honest though, KI devs are yet to prove themselves. So far I don't see so much as respect, I rather see intention to market that piece of malware called win10.

Not that I expect them to fuck up KI port (I have very high hopes), just pointing out that I'll believe it when I see it.

Adding skins is easy, hobo modders can do that, and this is direct profit for them.

I don't get why people still insist on hearing something from devs/WB. They already gave official final word: no content for you. How hard is it to understand? Do you need translation or something?

WB replies on the other hand, don't imply that this is a final decision, saying that there is no information for future releases. I understand that this is a minor task, that could be done by a modder, however in this case a team or an individual employee will work for some minutes, hours or days(I don't know exactly) to port this skin. That means that there is still someone responsible for the pc port, something we didn't know before with all the speculation of HVS and QLOC dismiss. That could also mean nothing in the long run if they don't change their mind regarding the implementation of the new content on pc, however I had to bring that to the table, as it is the only new element we have in the pc case(meaningless or not).

Hello guys, I couldn't watch the whole stream, but I watched the first 30 minutes. The interesting part is that in the promo video of the new ermac skin there is the steam logo again. This new skin costs 1.99 $ I think and it will be used to support the upcoming tournaments. So that means that if it is going to be delivered on PC, there is or there will be a dev team that will work on that and add it on the game.

What this could mean? We are going to have good news for PC in the next 10-15 days or WB/NRS has decided to troll PC players asking them to pay more money to support tournaments, where only console players will be able to participate. Let's see what will happen.
I didn't watch the stream at all, so I didn't know about any of this. So Krimson Ermac will also be coming to PC, huh. That is very interesting indeed and is more than everyone has been saying we'll get.

If they're going to do a skin, they might do more, so we really do need to wait and see.

TotteryManx

cr. HP Master

I actually agree. I'm starting to believe MS is trying to stuff Window's 10 down peoples throats. I understand the benefit of dx12, but some people want the OS to be improved before upgrading. Kinda shady.

-narshkajke-

klone enthusiast
Let's hope that this is not the case here, not because I want to defend the company, but for the good of the game and mk fans.
yeah I wanna hope boon troll us all and said gotcha there here's kp2 for all..
but lbsh NRS and WB are pulling dick moves after dick moves with MKX PC since it's launch, so don't get your hope too high.

yeah I wanna hope boon troll us all and said gotcha there here's kp2 for all..
but lbsh NRS and WB are pulling dick moves after dick moves with MKX PC since it's launch, so don't get your hope too high.
In the stream, did they say how the skin was going to be delivered (Krimson Ermac)? By that I mean, in the past, the four previous "Klassic" skins came with compatibility packs.

I mean, if they're adding a skin, even if it's premium, it's not so far fetched for them to add The Pitt or balance patches. I'm not saying it's going to happen, but it certainly increases the odds.

-narshkajke-

klone enthusiast
In the stream, did they say how the skin was going to be delivered (Krimson Ermac)? By that I mean, in the past, the four previous "Klassic" skins came with compatibility packs.

I mean, if they're adding a skin, even if it's premium, it's not so far fetched for them to add The Pitt or balance patches. I'm not saying it's going to happen, but it certainly increases the odds.
it's not far fetched, but this is NRS and WB we're talking about.
I won't get my hopes too high, but if they're adding balance patch at least we can practice using mkx pc for tourney or being up to date with other platforms sans KP2. TBH it's more likely for them to sell skins only to us, to milk us more without any effort of bringing us up to date with others.

Sugarwatermixlegit

Bruce Campbell 4 MK!!!
I will be buying KP2 and I will be buying future NRS products. However thinking about it, if I didn't love the game and community so much, I would drop it all together. This is just awful, and this is coming from a PS4 player. I still point my finger at WB and not NRS on this one, but either way somebody messed up. PC players deserve a reason or a apology from somebody at NRS, doesn't matter who. It could be Ed or Tyler, whoever. PC players have every right to be angry, and if people drop the game I understand. WB needs to just stop putting out PC games if this will always be the result. Remember Batman? Yea.

it's not far fetched, but this is NRS and WB we're talking about.
I won't get my hopes too high, but if they're adding balance patch at least we can practice using mkx pc for tourney or being up to date with other platforms sans KP2. TBH it's more likely for them to sell skins only to us, to milk us more without any effort of bringing us up to date with others.
I never get my hopes up, I wait and see and deal in facts ;). All of this is beyond my control, so there's no point getting worked up over it.

In terms of adding skins and characters, if they only add skins to the PC going forward, and I mean skin packs and not just Krimson Ermac, but not the additional characters, that's more evidence that the grey market is the reason they aren't releasing Kombat Pack 2 on PC?

The Brazil Pack and Cold War Pack are more expensive on grey sites than on Steam at last check, so it's likely people have not really bought them there. Everyone has been buying the core game and Kombat Pack 1 on grey sites though, and the publisher doesn't get profits from those sales.

Be interesting to see how this all plays out.

chris999

Noob
The official video is not uploaded in MK youtube channel, but here you can find it.

A lot of people now say that it might be a mistake because in the end it says MKX and not MK XL. The recent history showed that they don't make mistakes with logos, but you never know...

Last edited:
The official video is not uploaded in MK youtube channel, but here you can find it.

A lot of people now say that it might be a mistake because in the end it says MKX and not MK XL. The recent history showed that they don't make mistakes with logos, but you never know...
That's possible too. The copyright date in the fine print at the trailer's end is 2015, and with this being new content, you'd think it should be 2016. We'll need to wait and see.

WB and NRS didn't give any official statement. What they did was "KP2 will be on PS4 and Xbox One", so by nature PC players will suspect that it will come to that platform as well. NRS and WB didn't give a statement that they're dropping PC support all in all. If they are, they'll announce that PC will be left off after MKXL.

But they didn't, hence we are all still hoping that they'll konsider PC in the future.

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
If NRS couldn't be allowed to do KP2 or anything for PC, couldn't they have refunded PC users? Done anything? Even WB must be aware the potential backlash this could cause (and has caused). Seriously, either WB are the most money hungry douchebags on the face of this planet, or they are the new Konami.
what about Komani? I'm missing some backstory.

Seems like a lot of you guys are forgetting that KP2 was officially announced in Nov. 2015 (Around the Thanksgiving Holiday) and @ no point whatsoever during nor after its official announcement was it stated that KP2 would be Console Exclusive. So everyone who bought the game after that Official announcement, Console & PC Gamers alike, did so under the impression that WB/NRS is continuing to support the game with new content.

Then almost 2 months after that official statement, PC Gamers get told "Oh no, you were mislead. When we said we're making a KP2 you should've known that it was only for the consoles" (According the the majority of the Console Gamers on this thread)

REALLY ??? So we should've known when they announced that they were making a KP2 that it was console only? So, then I can assume that if they suddenly stated "XBOne will no longer be supported. All further Updates, DLC, Balance Patches Etc.. will be PS4 Only" { OR Vice Versa } EVERYONE here would be totally fine with it correct ? Cause ya kno' Business is Business and all.

Is everyone, who thinks that this is completely justified on the Devs part to do, that Naive ? Do you guys not realize, that announcing new content for a Fighting Game during the Holidays will drive up sales of said game ? They announce new content, wait till AFTER Christmas Holiday Shopping is OVER, then make an announcement that it was all a lie. But, again if they did it to u console guys u would be just as happy as you are now, cause Business is Business.

The FGC is SUPPOSED TO BE A COMMUNITY. Communities stick together. It shouldn't matter what platform you guys play on. EVERYONE who has the PC Game is no longer able to stay competitive in this game, because the PC version will no longer be on Par with the Consoles. So any & all new Balance changes that get put into the game won't be known to PC Players. And the solution should NEVER be "Buy a console then." That's what an "Entitled" person would say, because they're used to being able to buy whatever/whomever they want. Not everyone is lucky enough to have Both consoles & a PC and a copy of the same game across all 3 platforms.

The FGC should band together not turn on each other. This entire thread is disgusting & I'm appalled by how little this community cares about it's members. I don't know if it's MK exclusive, but I sure as hell hope so because if this is how it is for every fighting game, then your "community" sucks ass. You guys actually have the power to make a stand & let Developers/Publishers know that this type of treatment towards your fellow "community" members shall not & will not be tolerated. But, instead you side with them & applaud them for fucking over nearly half a million people. All of which are part of the FGC because this is, after all, a fighting game.
^

He insulted and made threats of violence against multiple members.
ehehehe never forget :DOGE

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.