What's new

Future of MKX on PC; MKXL Enhanced Online PC BETA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even if they do use p2p system, you still need servers for lobbies, statistics, search system etc.
i guess so. So, if they turn them off we wont be able to join online? cuz i dont give a frak about rooms and statistics and gimmicks like that i play private games with people from my overly huge friend list.

Would be real nice if this anger over losing support on Windows was ever shown towards how the Linux commumity is ignored completely.

Anyway, welcome to my world.
well to be fair linux has been ignored for about two decades now lol
difference is, in your world you can and able to have consoles.
most of us cant. i for instance live a country where consoles, games and more importantly store are region locked to russia.

I just wanted to voice my disappointment and did not know where else, maybe if the number of complaints are high enough, they will pay attention. TAKE CARE OF YOUR PC CUSTOMERS!! Be smart and continue support for PC and bring the KP2 to it as well

Would do this immediately, unfortunately I'm not from US...
Is there a similar government agency in your country you can go to to complain about False Advertising?

And trust me, I would file a complaint over this myself, had I bought the PC version. I have the PS4 version. This matters to me because a similar thing DID happen to me over the Mobile app....I'm an Android user, and the app was released late on Android. They were even advertising it as "available now" on Google Play on traditional American television while it wasn't. Obviously it's too late for me to complain about that case now.

EG2

Noob
If you have the PC port, PLEASE file a False Advertising complaint to the FTC by clicking on the link below.

https://www.ftccomplaintassistant.gov

Be sure to cite Ed Boon's interview with Angry Joe, and that half a million people worldwide bought this game under false pretenses.
Look, it's really shitty WB has stopped supporting this game with future updates, but there is absolutely zero legal merit to any such false advertising claims or any legal basis for a class action lawsuit. They have every legal right to not update the game any more. It doesn't mean it's not shitty to customers, but there is absolutely no legal wrongdoing, so any such efforts are completely frivolous and misguided, and I say that as someone who bought the PC version.

The only thing you can do at this point is to hurt them in the wallet by not buying ANY more WB games while telling them exactly why.

EG2

Noob
No legal basis? Really?

On the contrary...

Same as the consoles. Enough said.
Yes, really.
Is the basis of the argument a youtube interview where he says "it's as good as the consoles"? , because that's a completely vague and arbitrary statement making it a baseless argument.
They delivered a crappy PC port, and finally patched it to run reasonably well, even if the network performance isn't great.
By doing so, they've technically fulfilled all of their product promises to the customers who bought MKX. In no way shape or form have they promised that they would provide any future patches or any additional content. If you're trying to claim false advertisement or pursue legal action, you got nothing to work with. It totally sucks they are not providing any update or content, no question, but from a totally objective standpoint, we customers have no valid legal argument. I wish we did, but we don't. They have no obligation to provide additional content whether or not the consoles get it. They could have not advertised the KP2 for Xbox, never released it there, and only for PS4, and customers would have no recourse either, because in that scenario, they never would have promised it.

I'm sorry, but we're objectively screwed here without any gotcha. They gave us all we were promised when we bought the MKX package.

Does it suck, and make them shitty for abandoning customers? Absolutely. Is it illegal or false advertisement, lol no.

KiD INsAnitY

Z of The Leaf -Team R.A.N
If you could take a YouTube vid to court and sue for "False advertising"............I'd be stupid rich already lmao

chris999

Noob
Even though I am not from US and I can't express my thoughts about legislation issues with the proper vocabulary, I would like to advise everybody to think twice before taking legal action against a multinational company. On the contrary I can suggest everybody who is a pc player of the game or just a fan of MK to visit MK official page in FB where there is a new post about mobile devices, it's a good opportunity to leave a comment about the whole pc issue and to not let things cool down. I have done it already.

EG2

Noob
Even though I am not from US and I can't express my thoughts about legislation issues with the proper vocabulary, I would like to advise everybody to think twice before taking legal action against a multinational company. On the contrary I can suggest everybody who is a pc player of the game or just a fan of MK to visit MK official page in FB where there is a new post about mobile devices, it's a good opportunity to leave a comment about the whole pc issue and to not let things cool down. I have done it already.
Yes. The thing that should be done is to leave feedback on why you are displeased with their decision in a rational, non-inflammatory manner. Tell them (WB) why you will no longer buy any more of their products on any platform, and stick to your word. Misguided threats to sue, pursue class action, etc that are ranting, inflammatory, etc that look like they are coming from crazy customers are going to get laughed off.

I'm not cooling down until somebody at WB is standing at the unemployment line scared to death about how he's going to provide for his wife and children all because he thought it was a good idea to fuck over 500,000 people. You heard me right; I want scapegoats, and I want them punished over this.

Last edited:

chris999

Noob
I'm not cooling down until somebody at WB is standing at the unemployment line scared to death about how he's going to provide for his wife and children all because he thought it was a good idea to fuck over 500,000 people. You heard me right; I want scapegoats, and I want them punished over this.
Man I understand your rage, but as the other people said we have to continue fighting for our rights as customers, though not in a way that will get us in more troubles.

For me, as both a pc and console player in the past, if this decision stays unchanged is going to get down to history as the worst move on a pc port of the last 5 years. I mean I play games on pc since 2010 and I don't remember even one company creating exclusive content for consoles during mid-season and having the intention to drop support for a title that has been on the market for less than a year. A game with 500 000+ buyers. Imagine the size of the failure... even batman that had more problems receives DLCs normally and before some months got a new patch.

Think also that if that decision was coming out when the game was still broken a lot of people would say "They tried to fix the problems, they couldn't , I understand them abandoning the game and refunding their customers". However right now the game is fixed I can't tell you that is running exactly as in a PS4, but if your pc fulfills recommended specifications is running at 1080p and 60 fps. So taking this decision right now make them look like a small company based on short term results, that may save them some $ for now, but gonna cost them a lot more in the near future.

There is something in this world called reputation of a company and when you lose it is really hard to earn it again. NRS/WB will come with a new game in one or two years like injustice 2 or a new MK game, do you believe that there will be any descent pc customers buying from them again before 1 year from the launch day has passed? I don't think so. This story will be on articles, on videos, on sites and everywhere creating a bad image for all their future products.

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
This has to be a troll video...There is no way someone could be such a legit airhead...Guys I'm only 2 minutes into the video and I've heard an hours worth of stupidity. He thinks hes preaching facts but they are just...so...so wrong.
it's pretty clear he's trolling man.

LMAO, the retardness is strong with this one.
Why the fuck do you think there are so little PC players in the first place? Have you ever fought that people refused to buy / play the game when it wasn't playable for 3 fucking months since the release because of how garbage the port was? No? I thought so.

The level of dumb things you say in each reply rises with each of your post.

Get some fking brain and quit thread you don't give a damn. All you do is coming here to shit talk pc players.

And that's why we can play any games we want at any resolution / frame settings / 4k visuals and so on while you are stuck on your laughable 20-30fps 720p crap? :)) No thanks.

ShArp

Dedicated Broly main
There's a difference between a troll and a bad troll. You can feed the bad troll, because the response's you usually get are beyond ridiculous. But yeah i see what you mean lol

Status
Not open for further replies.