What's new

Future of MKX on PC; MKXL Enhanced Online PC BETA

Status
Not open for further replies.

God Confirm

We're all from Earthrealm. If not, cool pic brah.
Sorry friend, petitions don't work nor will WB care. Time to move on
Yeah, do absolutely nothing, let corporations shit on you, and spend your life getting walked over because you have no backbone, no fight in you, and never pushed back against anyone trying to fuck you over simply because you weren't sure you could get results.

Some of us are going to do what we can, maybe we don't achieve much, maybe we do, won't know until we try. Yesterday you naysayers were telling Braindead there was no chance in even getting a response out of NRS, they don't care, etc, but he didn't listen to you weak minded idiots, and he proved you all wrong. If it's something I care about, which I do, then I'm gonna fight for it whether the odds are against me or not.

I seen you in these threads encouraging people to drop it and go home. Unless you work for NRS, you should stop mindlessly working against your fellow costumers just because they aren't falling in line. Grow a backbone and stop being sheep

TopTierHarley

Kytinn King
Yeah, do absolutely nothing, let corporations shit on you, and spend your life getting walked over because you have no backbone, no fight in you, and never pushed back against anyone trying to fuck you over simply because you weren't sure you could get results.

Some of us are going to do what we can, maybe we don't achieve much, maybe we do, won't know until we try. Yesterday you naysayers were telling Braindead there was no chance in even getting a response out of NRS, they don't care, etc, but he didn't listen to you weak minded idiots, and he proved you all wrong. If it's something I care about, which I do, then I'm gonna fight for it whether the odds are against me or not.

I seen you in these threads encouraging people to drop it and go home. Unless you work for NRS, you should stop mindlessly working against your fellow costumers just because they aren't falling in line. Grow a backbone and stop being sheep
Yup

They should be begged for a straight no answer...

How can this shit even happen? after buying all that stuff and putting hundreds of hours and months of playing, after staying with all that problems on PC, this is how you treat your FANS and consumers? filthy liars, wolves, thieves...

virtiqaL

Noob
Being primarily a PC gamer, I understand the frustration and backlash, and people should give NRS/WB hell for this so it never happens again.

BUT, you're wasting your time with silly petitions and shit like that. They aren't going to change their tune as far as MKX goes, but hopefully come Injustass 2 or MK11, they follow the lead that Capcom will hopefully set with SFV and PC gets a port that is done right (and hopefully one done by NRS themselves this time and not some shitty third party studio).

Being primarily a PC gamer, I understand the frustration and backlash, and people should give NRS/WB hell for this so it never happens again.

BUT, you're wasting your time with silly petitions and shit like that. They aren't going to change their tune as far as MKX goes, but hopefully come Injustass 2 or MK11, they follow the lead that Capcom will hopefully set with SFV and PC gets a port that is done right (and hopefully one done by NRS themselves this time and not some shitty third party studio).
many of us wont be around when that time happens. some deliberately, some not. this is a matter of principle.

@virtiqaL - I think they dropped PC MKX support because they going to bail on PC for their future games. Maybe if they see feedback, they`ll calculate it on $$$ and consider porting rest of content.

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist

a petition won't do shit, do you really think they expected people to be happy with this news? they know, but don't care.

only thing that would help is stop buying their shit, personally I shamely decided to keep buying NRS stuff after the 4 guests bullshit and the pay twice for the same skins other bullshit, but I too have reached my limit at this point.

I'm not the only one that will attend Viennality as his last tournament, so @st9rm make it epic.

virtiqaL

Noob
@virtiqaL - I think they dropped PC MKX support because they going to bail on PC for their future games. Maybe if they see feedback, they`ll calculate it on $$$ and consider porting rest of content.
NRS/WB has already said in the past that MK9/Inj sold well above expectations on PC, that is why PC got MKX in the first place. And I'm sure MKX actually sold pretty well, I recall it being pretty active on Steam during it's initial release.

MKX not getting KP2 is less about PC turning a profit or not and probably more due to time constraints and relying on a shitty third party studio to handle the PC version from the getgo. It's more likely a lot more complicated than people realize.

I'm not saying that it's okay or that it should be forgiven, they fucked up, but I'm sure they realize that already and petitions aren't going to change anything at this point.

NRS/WB has already said in the past that MK9/Inj sold well above expectations on PC, that is why PC got MKX in the first place. And I'm sure MKX actually sold pretty well, I recall it being pretty active on Steam during it's initial release.

MKX not getting KP2 is less about PC turning a profit or not and probably more due to time constraints and relying on a shitty third party studio to handle the PC version from the getgo. It's more likely a lot more complicated than people realize.

I'm not saying that it's okay or that it should be forgiven, they fucked up, but I'm sure they realize that already and petitions aren't going to change anything at this point.
http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2013/aug/10/mortal-kombat-pc-sales-are-way-way-above-expectations/

people are very upset on steam as well.
99% upvote, dayem.
i say we ask for refund.
never refunded anything, so how do i do that, someone help me.
http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197981892827/recommended/307780/

virtiqaL

Noob
@BoromiRofGeo I can't imagine you'd be able to just refund the game through Steam after you've had it for several months.

Personally, I recently got the PC version through g2a for much cheaper than the retail price, so in my case, I probably can't refund at all since it wasn't purchased through Steam itself.

I did leave a negative review on Steam for it, and that's the least I or anyone can really do.

Darth-Nero

Come Thunder! Come Lightning!
That petition should be for steam to file a lawsuit on customers behalf and/or open full refund. Meanwhile we should all gather behind negative press, reviews and whatnot.

Also we need an updated version of this,

I'd rather laugh it off at this point and jump ship to SFV and KI.

GreatKungLao

LiuTana
A list of WB (and maybe NRS) sins that happened around Mortal Kombat X:

- 4 guest characters istead of 8 Mortal Kombat characters.
- Announcing MKX for PS3 and Xbox 360 before checking if last generation can run new engine properly and if it is even able to at all. Instead they rise hopes of millions of people and then make a silly apology on forum. They even dared to promise some content compensation for waiting a PS3/360 port while it was still a possibility (but it wasn't really)!
- Announcing Mortal Kombat XL that suppose to have all the content, but then at the same time announcing pre-order Cosplay Pack which might become payed DLC for XL later.
- Enhanced Online Beta is USA only. How are they going to implement this for European region? We have different servers and want same stuff to work fine in our region too.
- 4 shitty guest characters istead of 8 Mortal Kombat characters.
- Final nail in the pandora's box of Warner Brothers is abandoning PC version after releasing it and making decent attempts on fixing it.

The fate of Warner Brothers shall be decided as it should be. In MORTAL KOMBAT (through social network).

P.S. 4 fucking guest characters istead of 8 Mortal Kombat characters.

MKX was my first NRS game aside from MK3 (which was actually Midway's but you got it). I enjoyed this game from the very day it came out 'cuz luckily I had just a few issues with it even on PC and with time it got even better.

Now I feel no desire playing this outdated stump of a game that WB and NRS left us.

I'd consider purchasing a console for it alone, yet now it's their attitude towards their customers that preventing me from doing so.

Hopefully I have GGXRDSign in my Steam library and SFV preordered a while back. Too bad I didn't stay for long with this community. Gonna miss my Baeleena, too :c

Last edited:

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
I feel for you guys. It sucks, especially when there really hasn't been much contact with the community.

I jumped ship from last gen ASAP because of High Voltage. Don't trust them at all. I knew they would do all the ports wrong or never get them off the ground.

They should be doing this stuff in-house, really. It's lame that they don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.