What's new

Full Patch Notes 8-31-15 & 9/1 Hotfix Notes

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
  • Ermac (Spectral) - Can now chain combo FP > BP > FK > BK while hovering
Well helloooooooooooo Hawkmac!
  • Erron Black (Gunslinger) - Stand Off Stance now activates in 10 frames (down from 11)
  • Erron Black (Gunslinger) - Stand Off Quick Shot is now -8 on block (down from -31) and is easier to juggle afterwards on hit
  • Erron Black (Gunslinger) - Stand Off Spin Shot now has 20 startup frames (down from 22) and has 10 less recovery frames
  • Erron Black (Gunslinger) - Slightly sped up Money Shot & Barrage and they have 7-9 less recovery frames depending on distance
  • Erron Black (Gunslinger) - Money Shot & Barrage now hit overhead on the way down
YESSSSSSSSS SoS2 can be comboed off of and is pretty much safe! SoS itself quicker too and even SoS4 buffs! Even Money Shot looks good too
K r e y g a s m

• Jacqui - You can now air 2in1 cancel out of Towards+BP,Up+BP
  • Jacqui - Towards+BP,Up+BP,BP+BK now hits overhead
  • Jacqui - You can now 2in1 cancel out of Away+BP and Away+FK,FK on block
  • Jacqui - FP now has 6 startup frames (down from 7)
  • Jacqui - BK has 8 starup frames (down from 11)
  • Jacqui - BK~Up+BK has more pushback on block
  • Jacqui - Down+FP now has 7 startup frames and is -4 on block (down from 8 startup and up from -7 on block)
  • Jacqui - Down+BP now has 9 startup frames (down from 11)
  • Jacqui - Away+FP,BP is now -3 on block (up from -18)
  • Jacqui - BP,FK is now -5 on block (up from -12)
  • Jacqui - BP,FK,FK is now -9 on block (up from -14)
  • Jacqui - Fixed a bug that was causing BK to sometimes be more negative on hit on ducking opponents
  • Jacqui - Slightly speed up Air Fake Out
  • Jacqui - Executing Air Fake Out and Tech Shield now gain a small amount of meter
  • Jacqui - Air Ground Tremor now pops the opponent up for a juggle combo
  • Jacqui (Full Auto) - Adjusted the reaction on towards +2,Up+2,BP+BK to make combos afterwards slightly easier
  • Jacqui (Shotgun) - Adjusted the reaction on Towards+FP,BP,BP+BK to make combos slightly easier
  • Jacqui (Shotgun) - Low Blast Double Barrel will now always stun regardless of distance
  • Jacqui (High Tech) - Opponent is now forced to block the 2ndhit of Plasma Burst
Holy mother of buff lists. F2U2 just got a WHOLE lot better. Sucks that you can cancel from B2 and B33 on block now, that hurts FA and Shotgun but is a buff for High Tech lmao. Standing 1 and 4 getting faster is alright but it's the range that's the problem. Glad she has better pokes though. Air Fake Out combos are going to be HYPE! Kinda sad that they didn't buff the speed of Tech Shield but oh well. LOVE that low blast now stuns all the time, that's going to make for a SUUUUUUPER dirty corner game.
  • Jason (Relentless) - Damned no longer carries over between rounds
  • Jason (Relentless) - Damned increased to 10%/20%/33%/50% damage at under 50%/25%/10%/5% health (up from 3%/7%/12%/18% damage at under 75%/50%/25%/5% health)
Interesting...can't wait to see the insane damage he'll do lol.
  • Kano - Adjusted several regular attack collisions to hit more consistently on ducking opponents and in combos
  • Kano - Slightly increased the hit cancel advantage on Away+FP, Away+FP,BP, Towards+BP, Towards+BP,FP, Towards+FK,FK, Away+FK, Away+FK,FP, Towards+BK
  • Kano - Up Ball & Uprise Ball will now hit twice on block more often on ducking opponents
  • Kano - Air Ball is no longer punishable if used at the end of some long combos
  • Kano (CutThroat) - Decreased the dam buff on Charge Up to 33% down from 50%
  • Kano (CutThroat) - Reduced the recovery on Charge Up by 13 frames
  • Kano (Cybernetic) - Reduced the meter gain from Upward Laser
  • Kano (Cybernetic) - Adjusted the reaction on Upward Laser (Meter Burn) to allow for slightly easier follow up combo
  • Kano (Cybernetic) - Upward Laser now has 10 startup frames (down from 16) and does 7 damage (down from 9)
  • Kano (Commando) - You can now meter burn the last hit of the FK,BP,Throw/FP+FK combo to allow for a combo follow-up
So they buff his best variation and buff Cyber's already best attribute by giving him another good anti-air and nothing else. Ok lol. Commando making 32 more useful is good, would've liked to see more ticks though. I guess the new Cutthroat damage buff combos will be cool to see, if anyone decides to play Cutthroat anyway. Hopefully the Up Laser MB combos are worth it, if they do less damage than spending the bar on normal combos then the buffs might not even be useful. Good to see they're buffing Up Laser into utility though.
  • Kung Lao (Hat Trick) - Decreased damage scaling after Hat-A-Rang
YES FUCKING YES THANK YOU GOD YES
  • Kung Jin – Away+BP is now -14 on block and 4 on hit (down from -24 on block and -8 on hit)
  • Kung Jin – Adjusted the hitbox on Away+BP to hit from it’s max range
  • Kung Jin (Shaolin) – Low Chakram now sets hit state to ducking
  • Kung Jin (Shaolin) – Removed a blocking gap from BP, BP
  • Kung Jin (Shaolin) – Low Chakram will now low profile under high projectiles
Nothing for Ancestral? :(
  • Liu kang (Dualist) - Removed 7 recovery frames on Light / Dark Metamorphosis
Wait isn't this already like +6 on block when cancelled from 112? We going to have another block infinite on our hands? Lol
  • Mileena - Towards+FK,BK,FK can no longer for 2in1 cancelled out of and is now -9 on block (up from -19)
  • Mileena - Towards+FK,BK,BK can no longer for 2in1 cancelled out of, is now -11 on block (up from -26), and is now a hard knockdown
RIP Mileena lmao. Why did they nerf those strings to be uncancellable?! Giving the strings even LESS use.
  • Mileena (Piercing) - Away+FP,BP is now 2 on block (up from -3)
  • Mileena (Piercing) - Towards+FP is now 2 on block and 9 on hit (up from -8 and -5)
Yohohoooooo this will be interesting...
  • Raiden (Displacer) - Removed 10 recovery frames from Teleport
  • Raiden (Displacer) - Teleport (in front) no longer costs stamina
  • Raiden (Master of Storms) - Static Trap now does small proximity damage to the opponent before they are activated
Ayyyyyyy Displacer looking goooooooooood. Wish the MoS orbs would've been buffed to be a little faster and maybe be able to choose when to activate them but alright.
  • Shinnok - FK,FP is now +2 on hit (up from -7)
  • Shinnok (BoneShaper) – Staff beam is now -12 on block (down from -4) and has increased pushback on hit
  • Shinnok (Bone Shaper) – The range of Scepter Slam was slightly decreased
Meh could be worse I guess. No Necro buffs or fixes though? Sad face...
  • Sonya - Increased combo damage scaling after X-Ray
  • Sonya - Away+FP,BK is no longer a hard knockdown
Okay I get nerfing the scaling after xray but taking away the hard knockdown from B14? And not even giving a faster reload to compensate? This hurts Demolition BAD.
  • Subzero (Cryomancer) - Air Frost Hammer is now -2 on block (down from -8)
  • Subzero (Cryomancer) - Frost Hammer has 31 startup frames (down from 36) and is -9 on block (down from -10)
  • Subzero (Cryomancer) - Increased the hit cancel advantage on FP,FP,FP and the damage by 1
  • Subzero (Cryomancer) - Increased the hit cancel advantage on Towards+FP,BP
  • Subzero (Cryomancer) - Reduced the damage of Towards+BK,BP,Throw/FP+FK combo by 9
  • Subzero (Cryomancer) - Can now 2in1 cancel out of Towards+BK,BP,Throw/FP+FK combo
  • Subzero (Unbreakable) - Changed the input of Frozen Aura / Ice Aura to Down,Away,FK / Down,Away,FK+BLK
  • Subzero (Unbreakable) - Can now execute the Ice Burst & Frost Bomb special moves
  • Subzero (Unbreakable) - Ice Burst & Frost Bomb do additional while Frozen Aura & Ice Aura are active while removing the Aura
  • Subzero (Unbreakable) - Activating Frozen Aura & Ice Aura no longer triggers auto block which can allow some combos to continue
  • Subzero (Unbreakable) - Ice Aura has 16 less recovery frames
  • Subzero (Grand Master) - Adjusted the validity check on Ice Statue
Yoooooooooo Sub Zeroooooooooooooo. THIS will be VERY interesting.
  • Takeda - Tornado Kick is now -6 on block (up from -21) and is now always a hard knockdown
Ayyyyyyyyy they buffed Impostor Shinnok hahaha.
  • Takeda (Ronin) - Fixed a bug that was causing BP,FP to sometimes be more negative on hit on ducking opponents
  • Takeda (Ronin) - Shirai Ryu Kan does 10 damage (up from 9) and Double Shirai Ryu Kan does 14 damage (up from 11)
  • Takeda (Ronin) - Piercing Spark has 2 less recovery frames
  • Takeda (Ronin) - Away+FP now hits mid, has 11 startup frames (down from 13) and is -2 on block (up from -23)
  • Takeda (Ronin) - Away+FP,FP is now 0 on block (up from -21)
  • Takeda (Ronin) - BP now has 12 startup frames (down from 14)
  • Takeda (Ronin) - BP,FP is now +2 on block (up from -10) and now causes a different air reaction
  • Takeda (Ronin) - Away+BP now has 12 startup frames (down from 15)
  • Takeda (Ronin) - increased active frames on Shirai Ryu Kan until he is done rising
Yo holy shit Ronin was arguably already his best variation and they buffed it quite a bit. B1 being an 11 frame mid now and B11 being NEUTRAL on block? B2 now down to 12 frames? D a y u m

Black Chapters

Legend of Legaia Main
  • Raiden - Adjusted several regular attack collisions to hit more consistently on ducking opponents and in combos
  • Raiden - Lightning Projectile no longer causes auto block
  • Raiden - Towards+BK is now -3 on block (up from -12)
  • Raiden - Fixed a bug that was causing Away+FP,BK to sometimes be more negative on hit on ducking opponents
  • Raiden (Displacer) - Removed 10 recovery frames from Teleport
  • Raiden (Displacer) - Teleport (in front) no longer costs stamina
  • Raiden (Master of Storms) - Static Trap now does small proximity damage to the opponent before they are activated

Atomic Era

Grundy want pants too.
Yeah, I can't even imagine what to do now that 2 is high for Tremor. I'd gladly give up the rest of his buffs for 2 to stay mid. Anyways, I'M COMING HOME GUNSLINGER.

E

Eldriken

Yeah, I can't even imagine what to do now that 2 is high for Tremor. I'd gladly give up the rest of his buffs for 2 to stay mid. Anyways, I'M COMING HOME GUNSLINGER.
Someone mentioned that it shouldn't really make too much of a difference since it starts up in 11 frames and is often able to be poked out of. I guess we'll see.

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
Whaaaat.....? Man... b33~Machine Gun? b2~Uprockets potentially? I think this would make FA retarded in the corner if it functions how I think it will.
Yeah well that's if the moves actually hit lol. If up rocket jails after B2 then it's fine but otherwise it's a problem. Hurts Shotgun the most really but even then you can cancel into Low Shotgun which is safe and now stuns everywhere!

E

Eldriken

Yeah well that's if the moves actually hit lol. If up rocket jails after B2 then it's fine but otherwise it's a problem. Hurts Shotgun the most really but even then you can cancel into Low Shotgun which is safe and now stuns everywhere!
That's the only thing I'm worried about. If db2 whiffs after b2 on block, then that's garbage. =|

I HATE MILEENA. I DESPISE MILEENA. I HATE DEALING WITH HER (online ofc). But even I am sitting here like.

Whyd she get the fist of the north shaft?Why did she get the RKO outta nowhere? But Quan got... buffed.... yeah Oooookay Netherrealm ya'll got it FAM! e.e

This is from a Quan main. I'm not complaining but I am like... MRS Y U DO DIS

• Removed the ability to add extra inputs while doing a normal attack 2in1 cancel which allowed some characters to have the special move cancel only occur on hit / block
  • Removed the ability to have some specific input timings on a 2in1 cancel so it could come out on block but not come out on hit on some normal attacks
  • Removed the ability to option select execute a special move or throw reversal after block stun while still holding the block button
  • Removed the ability to option select execute a wakeup non enhanced special move attack, wakeup throw, or wakeup backdash while still holding down the block button
I need your best salt memes, can't believe they did this @Pig Of The Hut :(:(:(:(:(

I don't understand how being able to 2-in-1 cancel after any move hurts at all though.
Now that I think about it, this was probably done to go with the OS changes they made. As b2 and b33 were basically built-in OS as they were.