What's new

Full Patch Notes 8-31-15 & 9/1 Hotfix Notes

E

Eldriken

Yeah, I'm pretty sure both 2 and 3 are highs now(pretty sure fk = 3), so if that's the case, we lost both of our mid strings: D1 would be our best mid check.

I don't really play enough Aftershock to know how much the air quake changes will affect him, but I'm skeptical that the Crystalline buffs are going to change much(aside from shatter corner fixes).

It looks like they've nerfed him much more than they've buffed him.
I know his s2 is a high after the patch, but that doesn't make the 2 in his f12/f121 string a high, does it? If so, that is fucking horseshit.

E

Eldriken

I doubt it, it should just be 2 and 3 based strings, e.g. 21... 33.
Whew. I sure hope so. It wouldn't make any sense, which is what I was saying from the start, but then some folks were like, "HURR HIS BEST STRINGS ARE FUXORED NAO" and got me worried.

• D'Vorah (Venomous) - Bug Burst now has 13 frames startup (down from 28)
  • D'Vorah (Venomous) - Bug Spray now has 20 frames startup (down from 28)
  • D'Vorah (Venomous) - Increased the initial damage on Bug Spray and Bug Burst
  • D'Vorah (Venomous) - The FP,FP / FP,FP,BP / Down+FP / Jump+FP / Jump+BP attacks now also add Poison stacks
Its kinda slipping under the radar but Dvorahs venomous got buffed....Super HARD....
Absolutely GREAT day to be a Venomous main!! :D

this is what kenshi gets for dominating for few years in mk9.
this was unnecessary nrs, plis stup nrs plis.
some of the stuff really doesnt make any sense...
nrs be liek lets buff quan, lets buff lao, lets buff tremor, but nerf kenshi and milenaa. i dont get this. though i applaud for takeda and jaqui buffs. +1

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
Kinda scared about the 5 frame decrease on Liu Kang Dragon Fire run cancel's....dude said on the stream "It's not like we took away his pressure we just removed the dash cancel loop" which I would be totally cool about except the notes kinda contradict what they were saying. Hoping its not that noticeable. Dash cancel's were cheap. Run cancel was/is pressure strategy. He has no other options like a teleport if someone can armor out of f213....
It's 9f that he's lost. 5f from the cancel advantage shaved off F213, and 4 because he has to hold the fireball for 4f before he can cancel.
So remove 9f from all of the old advantages (I think)

Not sure. Maybe if you're right in their face? I don't know if the db2 will whiff after the b2.
I honestly wondered if they didn't give her a 2-in-1 on purpose to avoid that scenario. I also thought it was secretly a good thing that the EX Up Rockets would only come out on hit since the overhead was safe anyway (Cassie and KL notwithstanding). I imagine in the corner this could be a nightmare.

I'm gonna withhold judgement until I see it in action though.

E

Eldriken

I honestly wondered if they didn't give her a 2-in-1 on purpose to avoid that scenario. I also thought it was secretly a good thing that the EX Up Rockets would only come out on hit since the overhead was safe anyway (Cassie and KL notwithstanding). I imagine in the corner this could be a nightmare.

I'm gonna withhold judgement until I see it in action though
Dude, if it jails, that's gonna be stupid good.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Really strange patch filled with luxury buffs where important things like the unplayable netcode got ignored. If they won't improve the average connection to at least be comparable with USF4, they should at least give us the ability to identify and ignore bad connections - instead they changed it a few patches ago so that even complete garbage connections get 3 bars.
Those take two different sets of game developers -- game designers (people like Paulo) make the changes to frames and whatnot, while engineers and game programmers deal with deeper, underlying aspects of the game engine like the netcode. So depending on whether the other developers have moved on (they might already be focused on rebuilding things to be better for the next game) those kinds of changes aren't comparable.

Shania Twain

That Don't Impress Me Much
so they spent a whole kombat kast talking about...all these patch notes? why was that necessary? why not just say "here are the patch notes coming soon". why the drama?

Last edited:

Wrubez

The Flow Instructor
It's 9f that he's lost. 5f from the cancel advantage shaved off F213, and 4 because he has to hold the fireball for 4f before he can cancel.
So remove 9f from all of the old advantages (I think)
Pretty substantial hit or not really? You would know best with your knowledge of frame data

E

Eldriken

so that spent a whole kombat kast talking about...all these patch notes? why was that necessary? why not just say "here are the patch notes coming soon". why the drama?
...what drama? They also SHOWED how the new changes differed to the old ones for some of the characters via a video. There's nothing wrong with a demonstration of changes so you know EXACTLY what they did.