What's new

ForeverKing Wins Galloping Ghost Arcade's Shang Tsung's Fight Night Invitational

Immortal

Blind justice....
no matter where your from, if your equipment fucks up, thats on you, not the other guys, when playing for $ you dont give a fuck if their buttons dont work, thats why we have button checks and junk.

you can come from japan it wont matter have the proper equipment and be ready for anything.

have you actually traveled and competed for money to even have a say in what people should do?

class doesnt win tournaments btw
What a misguided theory.

Equipment is only equipment it can fail at any moment for any numerous reasons for anybody. If he didn't broke it how can it be on him? And how can you take responsibility for equipment malfunction which isn't your doing. And on top of all in what world this has anything to do with honor? (to the op)

And winning is winning but to be honest i like to think that when i do win it means im better then my opponent not because his own equipment beat him for me (in some part).

And money excuse is like the worst thing ever imo. Some people act like winning a tournament etc is a matter of life or death to them (in terms of money). If that would be the case then like 90% of people competing wouldn't play anymore. Coz they would be broke. Money in tournaments its just a nice bonus, nothing else.

And on top of that if money is > then honor for you then well...

Anyway thats my 2 cents on the matter. One thing i agree with 16 bit on is "You can think whatever you want though".

FinalBoss_FGC

Day -4MONTHS Dual Jin main
Indeed, but second rate as we may be, most of us would have the compassion, the class, and the balls to replay a round for a guy who traveled from Chile after his stick malfunctioned at the beginning of said round. The failure of any GGA member to step in and do the right thing was disappointing. "We all had to travel" and "He chose to use that equipment" are pale arguments. @GGA 16 Bit

I'm for honor above all else. I guess I shouldn't be following the FGC.

Still a huge GGA and ShangCowboy fan.
Idgaf where the hell the person I'm going against is from, be it down the road from the venue or Saturn...I'm there to win. I will take the win 100% of the time if somebody's equipment fucks up.

Sorry bro, get your equipment game up.

Obmil

When is Kano trident rush?!
Actually, Dr. schultz, i have an EVO medal and i did it with a mid tier character at the peak of the game's meta. Meanwhile, you will continue to be second rate in everything you play. Have a nice day :)
Soooo..... like i said.... has wound ever won anything that wasn't a local?
Ps.... this isn't p2w this is just a friendly gorilla looking to see the jimmies of the world get rustled.

Obmil

no matter where your from, if your equipment fucks up, thats on you, not the other guys, when playing for $ you dont give a fuck if their buttons dont work, thats why we have button checks and junk.

you can come from japan it wont matter have the proper equipment and be ready for anything.

have you actually traveled and competed for money to even have a say in what people should do?

class doesnt win tournaments btw
Honor to me would be taking responsibility for your equipment and the consequences of equipment failure.

Replaying matches is pretty much the worst case scenario and should almost never be asked of players.

You can think whatever you want though. I have no problem with this decision and am not a TO anyway.
Idgaf where the hell the person I'm going against is from, be it down the road from the venue or Saturn...I'm there to win. I will take the win 100% of the time if somebody's equipment fucks up.

Sorry bro, get your equipment game up.
Yes, one should be aware and responsible for ones own equipment. In any case, this is just one of those times where a persons true character is shown, and wound.......

it should not have been a tough choice, if m not mistaken you were also losing that round?

Dizzy

False Information Police Officer
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Im a fan of McFly, super nice guy and it was fun to meet him.

That said he was using a converter that loses connection at an 8 minute interval.

The equipment didn't malfunction, it worked as intended, he just forgot to reset it.

Anyone arguing that Wound is a scumbag is completely misinformed. It was 100% McFlys fault in this case. Asking for a replay would be ridiculious in any aspect.

Im normally a nice guy when it comes to equipment problems, even at majors, but if someone comes into a tournmanet using an 8 min timeout device and it goes out in the middle of a match because they forgot; I will take that win to teach them a lesson to never use a Chronus.

If i was playing someone in tournament and his/her stick/pad started to malfunction during mid match, thn yea i would take the free win. Now after that game is played, i would kindly allow my opponent to use another pad/stick and thn continue with the ass whoppings.

FinalBoss_FGC

Yes, one should be aware and responsible for ones own equipment. In any case, this is just one of those times where a persons true character is shown, and wound.......

it should not have been a tough choice, if m not mistaken you were also losing that round?
Well maybe the other guy should use INTEGRITY and own up to the fact his equipment messed up and take the L
I shouldn't have to take responsibility for the other guy.

Funny how that works huh.

Obmil

Well maybe the other guy should use INTEGRITY and own up to the fact his equipment messed up and take the L

Funny how that works huh.
Right, cause being humble is not an option in this world. At least not in Wounds, you hollywood ass kissers should really work on your logic before trying to kiss ass. These players you idolize don't give a damn about you, and will throw you under a bus in a heart beat.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
How do you guys know McFly wasn't cool about it? Considering he was using a chronus he had to know about the 8 min reset and had to know it was his fault. Sucks but you cant make someone replay a game for another person's mistake.

How do you guys know McFly wasn't cool about it? Considering he was using a chronus he had to know about the 8 min reset and had to know it was his fault. Sucks but you cant make someone replay a game for another person's mistake.
I am very sure Mcfly was just grateful he got to come to USA to chill with players and play against them. I think the experience meant more to him than winning the event for sure.

FinalBoss_FGC

Right, cause being humble is not an option in this world. At least not in Wounds, you hollywood ass kissers should really work on your logic before trying to kiss ass. These players you idolize don't give a damn about you, and will throw you under a bus in a heart beat.
I'm not kissing ass. I'm seeing it from my perspective and what I would do. Stop victimizing McFly. Maybe the other person who messed up should be humble and see that they messed up and deserve the repercussions.

redeyes

Button Masher
wound is an old buddy of mine, and this isnt the only case where this has happened.

this happened at evo last year,

let me ask you, your 1 win away from top 8 winners at evo, his stick fucks up and lets say stops letting him use the block button.

should i

1) get top 8 at evo
2) risk that to be humble in the eyes of everyone, only to possible lose and be shit talked for not taking the win?

this situation is easy when your not the person, but if you are, then its lose lose,

take the win look like a scumbag
give him the win only to lose the set ( not 100% but has plenty of options to happen) and be the laughing stalk for not taking the free win.

Obmil

wound is an old buddy of mine, and this isnt the only case where this has happened.

this happened at evo last year,

let me ask you, your 1 win away from top 8 winners at evo, his stick fucks up and lets say stops letting him use the block button.

should i

1) get top 8 at evo
2) risk that to be humble in the eyes of everyone, only to possible lose and be shit talked for not taking the win?

this situation is easy when your not the person, but if you are, then its lose lose,

take the win look like a scumbag
give him the win only to lose the set ( not 100% but has plenty of options to happen) and be the laughing stalk for not taking the free win.
lol... this wasnt top 16 at EVO. This comparison sounds like something Corzz Jin would say.
Anyways, at a local or other meaningless turny, if I am losing the round like wound was and my opponent has a controller malfunction. Yes I would replay the match no problem..... and no I wouldn't be doing this to look humble in the eyes of everyone. Pretending to have integrity doesn't mean you have it lol. It should be done for yourself because you know its right.

redeyes

Button Masher
lol... this wasnt top 16 at EVO. This comparison sounds like something Corzz Jin would say.
Anyways, at a local or other meaningless turny, if I am losing the round like wound was and my opponent has a controller malfunction. Yes I would replay the match no problem..... and no I wouldn't be doing this to look humble in the eyes of everyone. Pretending to have integrity doesn't mean you have it lol. It should be done for yourself because you know its right.
no it happened in injustice, when reo was playing that one batman, he hit start, reo took the free W

also you cant think oh its a meaningless tournament, when they invited people from all over,

& when you compete. weather its 10 ppl who show up or 200, a tournament is a tournament to most people.

Obmil

I'm not kissing ass. I'm seeing it from my perspective and what I would do. Stop victimizing McFly. Maybe the other person who messed up should be humble and see that they messed up and deserve the repercussions.
lol dude........ please someone tell me im not discussing this with a 7 year old?
anyways, analyze the situation before you speak please...... ur argument is stupid lol "Maybe the other person who messed up should be humble and see that they messed up and deserve the repercussions" lol thats exactly what happened.. McFly took the loss without making any sort of deal about it.. on the other hand wound showed he is a man who lacks integrity.. that was my only point I was trying to make.
Thanks for reminding me y i don't come to this website, full of kids with the smarts of a potato speaking up about things out of their understanding. This explains why you would be a hollywood ass kissing sheep as well.
Thats the last reply you get from me.

Obmil

no it happened in injustice, when reo was playing that one batman, he hit start, reo took the free W

also you cant think oh its a meaningless tournament, when they invited people from all over,

& when you compete. weather its 10 ppl who show up or 200, a tournament is a tournament to most people.
ok

FinalBoss_FGC

lol dude........ please someone tell me im not discussing this with a 7 year old?
anyways, analyze the situation before you speak please...... ur argument is stupid lol "Maybe the other person who messed up should be humble and see that they messed up and deserve the repercussions" lol thats exactly what happened.. McFly took the loss without making any sort of deal about it.. on the other hand wound showed he is a man who lacks integrity.. that was my only point I was trying to make.
Thanks for reminding me y i don't come to this website, full of kids with the smarts of a potato speaking up about things out of their understanding. This explains why you would be a hollywood ass kissing sheep as well.
Thats the last reply you get from me.
I was speaking on a hypothetical situation.

I know that McFly did just that and Wound took the W. McFly would have took the W if Would messed up.

And I spent 5 years as an Analyst so don't talk to me about analyzing anything lmao

Why the hell are you so offended by what Wound did when McFly isn't? You aren't his mom.

cR WoundCowboy

WoundCowbae <3
It's not my responsibilty to monitor the controller of my opponent. What's funny is that i talked to mcfly a fair amount afterwards and wasn't all hateful or vengeful. The people in here care more than he does lol.

Obmil

I was speaking on a hypothetical situation.

I know that McFly did just that and Wound took the W. McFly would have took the W if Would messed up.

And I spent 5 years as an Analyst so don't talk to me about analyzing anything lmao

Why the hell are you so offended by what Wound did when McFly isn't? You aren't his mom.
lol i know i said i wouldnt reply to you anymore but your making this too easy..
gawwwd u must have been bad at your job.
Correct my son is not a lao player, he is a sub-zero player :DOGE