What's new

General/Other first impression: batgirl is ridiculously good

MoldMan

Noob
i havent faced a good batgirl that has beat me yet. Here hanging thing is easily blockable. I saw lots of people try spam that

Name v.5.0

Iowa's Finest.
Her DD3 is not a move you just use randomly. It's going to be used mid combo in a string like B1,2, 11, DD3(MB) ~ some kinda finishing string. Also, this will be a fantastic fucking move to use after you finish a combo with DB2,U. Right after she kicks them do DD3 and you'll be on top of them before they can even wake up.

In actuallity, she's going to be a good character. She has semi 50/50's, amazing anti zoning tools in a zone heavy game, good damage, safe block strings....the list goes on. The only real thing missing is zoning tools.

Expect Batgirl to be alllllll over the screen, and alllll over you. Rushdown style

Niko Mar

Founding Member of the Fate Army
I was like "she seems awesome!", then I tried meter-burning the batarangs. Then I was like "HOLY SHIT!"
My first impressions of her aren't so good... I cant even find a decent starter... I need to check a thread for that. Her trait is meh and her super is great looking... but it is so unsafe unless you bf1 first. I obviously need to give her more time. She is really fun and has almost every tool imaginable... I am just not doing ANY damage. Not to mention the b3 has T-Rex range.

Don't get me wrong. I am still really excited and she will be a co-main for sure... something just feels off. I am glad other people are having better first impressions. Her clash quotes seem really funny at this point. NRS definitely took some artistic liberty with the arcade ending... and she took Lobo's spot. So all is well. :16Bit
Yeah, does that mean Lobo counts as a villian so more of a chance for MMH (Ed Boon troll code)? Come on man, when I started using her I was like "She's awesome!", then I tried the MB batarang variations. Now I'm like "HOLY SHIT!", Supes better pack his bags.

MorbidAltruism

Get over here!
I was like "she seems awesome!", then I tried meter-burning the batarangs. Then I was like "HOLY SHIT!"
Yeah, does that mean Lobo counts as a villian so more of a chance for MMH (Ed Boon troll code)? Come on man, when I started using her I was like "She's awesome!", then I tried the MB batarang variations. Now I'm like "HOLY SHIT!", Supes better pack his bags.
I know... I just discovered you can special out of her db3. You can fake a db3 with a mb and get the same result as a dd3. Or db3 2 for an anti air. Db3 3 is a great way to cancel to the db3 or start a match to get first meter. Db3 1 is so good to get across the stage. :16Bit
Edit- All of it builds meter like crazy.

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
40% combo I found. Working on more.

J2, f21 MB bf3, b3, bf1, j2, f21 MB df2, f212 db 2 up

Dulllyanna

You're going to shoot guns at me?
I'm not all impressed. The "Unseeable Low/Overhead into Combo" Club has another member, but Catwoman just joined that one recently too. I'll take the latter instead and enjoy my mid crushing b3, higher damage output, better punishment and normals that don't have laughable range. Don't get me wrong, Batgirl is definitely legit, but ridiculously good? Naaaaaaahhhhhhhh I don't need a teleport to deal with zoning.

Boodendorf

Bird woman!
I'm not all impressed. The "Unseeable Low/Overhead into Combo" Club has another member, but Catwoman just joined that one recently too. I'll take the latter instead and enjoy my mid crushing b3, higher damage output, better punishment and normals that don't have laughable range. Don't get me wrong, Batgirl is definitely legit, but ridiculously good? Naaaaaaahhhhhhhh I don't need a teleport to deal with zoning.
yo fuck dis club

Dulllyanna

Hey man you've got that too... off a slow mid string with a shitty hitbox and for less damage outside of the corner.

Dulllyanna

bf3 is completely safe and can confirm into b3 combo for meter, so if you want a safe combo option off of d1... that's what you get.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
90% of the people in this thread haven't really hit the lab hard with her, it seems -- she has a truckload of dirt. There are setups, frame-traps, spacing games, safe launchers, counterpoke setups, standing resets, and mixups not to mention mobility. Batgirl is That Girl.

Boodendorf

Bird woman!
Her db3 is very similar to Hawkgirl's db2, there's even one of the move with it that looks completely useless! lol.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
111 is an amazing combo ender right after bola. Resets and sets up a 50/50 that cannot be fuzzied
Chef and I were talking about that earlier.. 1 and 111 (and 11 to a lesser extent) have a crazy amount of hit advantage.

AZ MotherBrain

If you believe enough, -7 could be +7
I like her, I haven't found a combo that gets me into the fourties damage wise, but she has a good 50/50. and can counter zoning without "counter zoning" nahh'meannnnnnn. I love her tool list.