What's new

Firestorm Pre-Release Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Will most likely be my main along with Fate. Easily the most two zoney characters in the entire game thus far IMHO. Fireball speed is ridiculous, his blue fire trait is insane that damage and even faster fireball which didn't think possible lol, full ground MB stun. Maybe I missed it but during the stream I don't recall them showing his teleport that he did in his trailer, wondering if that's a gear upgrade move and not standard hmmm. Also I'm liking his little air dash he has.

I know the blue fire trait enables him to rush down a little, but still Firestorm is no doubt a zoner by definition. Probably not as solid as Fate will be, but good enough none the less. Also, FTR his second costume with the full mask looks so sick! So much better than his primary costume honestly. I hope he has his premiere skin/costume with much brighter colors, and where he's white. Not cause of the race thing but for source material, Ronnie Raymond was the original OG Firestorm, that would be a nice nod for the oldschool readers. Don't get me wrong, Jason is cool too I just think Ronnie would be a sick skin with the brighter yellow and orange color scheme!

SM StarGazer

The voice of reason in a Sea of Salt
Yes. I can fucking SPAM. So much spam. Yes. Zoning is so alive. But notice something interesting. Everything is nearly reactable to one certain move. Supergirls teleport. I havemt seen one character that can be blown up by MB tele.

Zoning is alive but Supergirl ia the most obvious pick. Superman is fucked.

The stun is interesting. We'll see. So far he's still under SuperBae and Dr. Bae. That nuke flame is gorgeous as fuck though. Beat animation for a character trait.

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
Finally home. Tax season deadlines at financial firms are worse than eternal damnation.

Going straight to the Firestorm part lol.

This is the meaning of life.
Watched it again. Never saw this.
May want to hold up on that because I am not finding any examples of a meterless lvl 3 burst launching ANYWHERE...
Life has no meaning, just rewatched the stream. They did the move as 16bit said "this is now a combo starter" but he was referring to the overhead normal he'd done seconds before. Must have just misinterpreted it, my bad :(

ismael4790

Stay focused or get Caged
Life has no meaning, just rewatched the stream. They did the move as 16bit said "this is now a combo starter" but he was referring to the overhead normal he'd done seconds before. Must have just misinterpreted it, my bad :(
Anyway, the overhead launches, and the string with a low too. If this string is decent on block to be staggered, it will be good.

However, notice how 16 bit always mentions Deadshot and Fate when speaking about strong zoning, even said Firestorm can struggle vs their zoning. Those two seem to be THE zoners of this game.

Baconlord

Proud follower of the church of Cetrion
Anyway, the overhead launches, and the string with a low too. If this string is decent on block to be staggered, it will be good.

However, notice how 16 bit always mentions Deadshot and Fate when speaking about strong zoning, even said Firestorm can struggle vs their zoning. Those two seem to be THE zoners of this game.
So far they've mentioned deadshot out zoning everyone.

supernumian

Triborg Enthusiast
If Deadshot is a better zoner then Fate and Firestorm, I'm really scared.
Fate, expecially, seems a really well design keep away/zoner character and a nightmare to approach, I can't imagine what Deadshot can do.

DubiousShenron

Beware my power.
If Deadshot is a better zoner then Fate and Firestorm, I'm really scared.
Fate, expecially, seems a really well design keep away/zoner character and a nightmare to approach, I can't imagine what Deadshot can do.
I think it would be a mistake to make the character than can have 7 projectiles on the screen at once a lesser zoning character than one with pew pew guns. Just MO

*i won't mind having to rush DS down but I would love for him and fate to be evenly matched from full screen. Would make the mu extremely fun

Last edited:

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
I think it would be a mistake to make the character than can have 7 projectiles on the screen at once a lesser zoning character than one with pew pew guns. Just MO
Not buying it.

Fate has a fast mid projectile, a slow start up slow moving orb, a close range push, and then other moves like "healing ball" and "summon 3 daggers 1 by 1 and hope to land all 3 at the same time", and "disable interactable for a few seconds", and "trait that increases damage and gives you combo ability".

Meanwhile Deadshot's zoning looks so good that you can't even talk about it in fear of pre-release nerfs.

From what we are seeing, I think it'll be Deadshot >>> FireGodStorm > Fate in the zoning department.

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
so is the teleport from the trailer a gear move or whats the story? was never shown on stream unless i missed it

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
so is the teleport from the trailer a gear move or whats the story? was never shown on stream unless i missed it
Yea that's the million dollar question. They never showed it at all, so I'm guessing it was gear only. But then again, they didn't show Bane charge in his breakdown and we know for a fact it is a base move so we don't know.

DubiousShenron

Beware my power.
Not buying it.

Fate has a fast mid projectile, a slow start up slow moving orb, a close range push, and then other moves like "healing ball" and "summon 3 daggers 1 by 1 and hope to land all 3 at the same time", and "disable interactable for a few seconds", and "trait that increases damage and gives you combo ability".

Meanwhile Deadshot's zoning looks so good that you can't even talk about it in fear of pre-release nerfs.

From what we are seeing, I think it'll be Deadshot >>> FireGodStorm > Fate in the zoning department.
Can't really argue with your logic. Fate gets added speed on his normal fireballs with trai active too ;)

MKF30

Guess we'll have to wait and see, forgot about Deadshot. His zoning may not be as good as Deathstrokes, have to see more. For me, I'm still going from what I see Deadshot>>>Fate>>>>Firestorm. The one downside to Firestorm's blue fire is as even 16bit said, it takes a while to fill fully. That teleport had to be a gear for him to not show it, but that's fine. I bet online everyone will consider all 3 the "spammy character" lol just because they can zone well.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
The one downside to Firestorm's blue fire is as even 16bit said, it takes a while to fill fully.
Based by his moveset showing, barring ridiculous garbo frames, it seems like he'll be good regardless of activating his trait, and the trait will give him temporary uber beast status. His zoning, mixup potential, movement, and base set seem pretty solid.

We'll have to dabble and experiment as we play, but I can see many times stopping at level 2 as opposed to waiting for level 3 just to use some buffs and have it recharge faster for another level 1 or 2. Kinda like how Bane players used to manipulate their venom.

MKF30

Based by his moveset showing, barring ridiculous garbo frames, it seems like he'll be good regardless of activating his trait, and the trait will give him temporary uber beast status. His zoning, mixup potential, movement, and base set seem pretty solid.

We'll have to dabble and experiment as we play, but I can see many times stopping at level 2 as opposed to waiting for level 3 just to use some buffs and have it recharge faster for another level 1 or 2. Kinda like how Bane players used to manipulate their venom.
Oh yeah for sure, I agree lol. I'm just wondering after yesterday's stream if the newer people may pick him up because of his super buff trait alone, but that he has a lot more to offer than that no doubt. If it's as long as 16 said I agree, I can see most players using him stopping at 2.

Hara-Killer

Reverse Salt
remember the loadout 2 when Firestorm get Shang tsung/Shinok 3 hits move ?
with that 16bit made a 40% combo meterless (well ikw its training mode using B3 But that damage is legit )

Too Bad gears and stuff wont be allowed in tournaments...

Last edited:
So I decided that Firestorm has earned the spot of first in the lab for me and a strong possible main. To celebrate I'll post some data on Firestorm that we learned from the watchtower. Of course this is a pre-release build but this is all for fun anyways so let's go.

I'm not gonna try to compare his fireball with any preexisting ones that were in inj1 though. It's pretty new and unique
His projectile is actually pretty similar to Jokers in my opinion. Same damage and reaction and similar speed across the screen and both highs. Firestorm can't hold it or dash cancel it of course.

The answer is yes it IS a gear move. Vanilla Firestorm has 5 special moves.
  1. Fusion Blast (b,f 1) His fireball move.
  2. Energy Shield (d,f,1) His buff that reduces damage taken.
  3. Molten Trap (b,d,2) His ground projectile move.
  4. Fusion Charge (b,f 3) His M. Bison torpedo move.
  5. Atomic Burst (d,f 3) His close range 360 fire move.
Also there were some questions as to whether air dash was a gear move. Air dash was 100% not a gear move. We saw it used without gear on the watchtower. Just before the 5th minute of them talking about firestorm.

Now just some fun math stuff. These variables could all change on release but even if they do it will be clues as to what direction he could be headed in patches. Health values assumed to be 1,000.

• Firestorm's Energy Shield reduces damage by 15% and lasts about 7 seconds
  • Level 1 Firestorm does 6% more damage than Level 0 and lasts about 7 seconds and heals an underwhelming 1.2% health. To put that in perspective one blocked projectile does 2% damage.
  • Level 2 Firestorm does 10% more damage and has some possible new reactions on hit. It lasts longer than 7 seconds but unsure how much. Guessing on the heal but it heals at least 2.6% so at least that is more than blocking 1 "From the Deep" :(
  • Level 3 Firestorm does 12% more damage and does all the things they showed. BUT also not mentioned is that it adds a 4 tick dot after any MB special move. The ticks add roughly 7% unscaled damage at the end. Level 3 lasts 10 seconds. It heals almost 6%. Finally this is at least noticeable healing. If we get 2 in a match that is almost 12%.

Now just some final thoughts and some questions to be answered on release day.

• It takes 10 seconds to build up 1 level of trait. So 30 seconds to get up to level 3.
  • If level 1 is unchanged on release I don't see any use for it. The talking point of "use it to get a little bit of healing and get a little bit of extra damage" is negligible. We already talked about it healing less than 1 blocked special but what about the damage? It is a 6% increase. So lets assume Firestorm has a 30% bnb after jump in. That 30% would ALMOST do 32%. So you would have to know you are going to land a combo in the next 4 seconds before the damage buff runs off AND know that the opponent has slightly more health than 30% but not more than 32% damage. If level 1 does remain unchanged trust me, it is Greta Garbo.
  • Level 2 we will have to see what kind of new reactions some hits get. I could see level 2 in some very rare circumstances an OK choice to activate.
  • Level 3 is what it is all about. That unscaled dot, the launching overhead, the somewhat noticeable healing. Yes we are in the majority of matches going to want to use this. Let's assume Firestorm has a 40% 1 bar combo at level 0. That 40% becomes 45% damage and adds a 7% dot on top of that for close to 52%.
  • Besides being a zoner he could also be played dancing outside the range of his b2 (long range fast overhead.) If they start walking back do the ex ground blast. If they stay ducking, do the 8% splat overhead and get possibly a setup or crossover setup.
  • Probably has some air mind games with air dash and air m. Bison move.
  • ?: Does he have an ex version of Energy Shield? If so what could it do?
  • ?: Does Energy Shield add a buff on offense at all?
  • ?: Does Energy Shield become better at level 3?
  • ?: Does trait build on round over?
  • ?: He has that 3 hit string that ends in a low and launches at level 3. I wonder how much a level 3 bounce cancel overhead f3 does if the opponent is blocking low expecting the other launcher? Should be good damage at level 3.
See you Firestorm guys May 16th :)

Last edited:

xQUANTUMx

Twitter: @xxQUANTUM
Will most likely be my main along with Fate. Easily the most two zoney characters in the entire game thus far IMHO. Fireball speed is ridiculous, his blue fire trait is insane that damage and even faster fireball which didn't think possible lol, full ground MB stun. Maybe I missed it but during the stream I don't recall them showing his teleport that he did in his trailer, wondering if that's a gear upgrade move and not standard hmmm. Also I'm liking his little air dash he has.

I know the blue fire trait enables him to rush down a little, but still Firestorm is no doubt a zoner by definition. Probably not as solid as Fate will be, but good enough none the less. Also, FTR his second costume with the full mask looks so sick! So much better than his primary costume honestly. I hope he has his premiere skin/costume with much brighter colors, and where he's white. Not cause of the race thing but for source material, Ronnie Raymond was the original OG Firestorm, that would be a nice nod for the oldschool readers. Don't get me wrong, Jason is cool too I just think Ronnie would be a sick skin with the brighter yellow and orange color scheme!
they did it for Jon Stewart and Hal Jordan.

Status
Not open for further replies.