What's new

Breakthrough - Kano FINALLY, The Kano Community Speaks Up. Save Kano's Relevance With Needed Fixes And Reasonable Buffs

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
What did noobe, showtime, and Coach Steve place?
Coach Steve played a good match against DJT but lost, then lost very soon after to an unknown.

Showtime lost to someone I can't remember and then to Smarr.

Noobe I can't remember and didn't see, and then when someone posted brackets with like 40 something people left he was already eliminated.

ColdBoreMK23

Noob Saibot
So I just pretty much made my mind up that I'm maiming Kano over Jax at this juncture.

Just like his play style and movement and always liked the character.

Still going to play Jax and I see where Kanos weaknesses are vs the top tier characters.

I'm playing cybernetic and cutthroat mainly.

DFC

Cutthroat Truther
Hey now, I tried picking up Jax myself, but I got sucked right back into Kano's world. Same with Sonya. And hqt predator. Though I don't like guest characters, so there was a lot going against him. I apparently lean towards more defensive characters, so I should get back on that alternate character search

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Hey now, I tried picking up Jax myself, but I got sucked right back into Kano's world. Same with Sonya. And hqt predator. Though I don't like guest characters, so there was a lot going against him. I apparently lean towards more defensive characters, so I should get back on that alternate character search
Defensive? EX Spin. :DOGE

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
No Kano's escaped pools I think.

Dammit why won't Kano take swimming lesson's at the Y?
Noobe got out of his in winners, Showtime in losers and Coach Steve lost in losers finals to the Kitana player he beat first round lol.

DFC

Cutthroat Truther
Yeah, we came to this conclusion last night.

Also, leaving pools put you in 128 IIRC

kano really does not need much changes. slight adjustments:

cyber:
- higher damage on ex knives
- faster startup on up laser.

commando:
- parry more plus on hit so you get a mixup.

cutthroat:
- slightly bigger hitbox on b1

general:
- debatable: have armor on ex air ball, make the grab whiff on jumps instead.

but thats already it imo, aside from fixes (112 whiffing on low etc)

Last edited:
After watching the utter destruction of competition by Erron Black AGAIN.... Commando needs the command grabs to be on par with EB. Sooooo many tick throw options that DONT need an opponent to block for the grab to land. The variation is grappling, but in all 3 EB variations he can just about land command grabs AT WILL. This with Cutthroat's B1 getting fixed and the addition of any Overhead help for Cybernetic would help the character get out of Goro status.

DFC

Cutthroat Truther
After watching the utter destruction of competition by Erron Black AGAIN.... Commando needs the command grabs to be on par with EB. Sooooo many tick throw options that DONT need an opponent to block for the grab to land. The variation is grappling, but in all 3 EB variations he can just about land command grabs AT WILL. This with Cutthroat's B1 getting fixed and the addition of any Overhead help for Cybernetic would help the character get out of Goro status.
Cybernetic does NOT need an overhead, man. If you're steadfast with it, the F4 in 2F4 is as far as I'll go. Make cutthroat the designated OH low mixup variation. Make Commando the designated grappler variation Make Cybernetic more about pressure and chip, because his Projectile, while good, is not pure zoner good

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
Cybernetic does NOT need an overhead, man. If you're steadfast with it, the F4 in 2F4 is as far as I'll go. Make cutthroat the designated OH low mixup variation. Make Commando the designated grappler variation Make Cybernetic more about pressure and chip, because his Projectile, while good, is not pure zoner good
Don't listen to him man, he's just another spoiled online player that'd rather have the character patched to top tier than improve his fundamentals.

DFC

Cutthroat Truther
Don't listen to him man, he's just another spoiled online player that'd rather have the character patched to top tier than improve his fundamentals.
but... but I'm an online player that wants Kano to be patched into top tier :( I just have (hopefully) more reasonable expectations

Seriously, one of these days I'll take all the long train and bus rides from just outside Philly to NYC and attend the break(or whatever it's called). One of these days...

cybernetic is about zoning and whiff punishing and that approach should not be changed.