What's new

Breakthrough - Kano FINALLY, The Kano Community Speaks Up. Save Kano's Relevance With Needed Fixes And Reasonable Buffs

ETC AdmiralAugustus

Grabble Frazzled
So I was thinking on it, and I think these are the changes that I hope for Kano

Universal:

112 - the second and third hit does not whiff on some crouch or crouch-blocking hurtboxes
EX Kano Ball Cancels - Cancel is now inputted with F,F instead of D,D
The window of opportunity to follow up your combo after a EX Kano Ball Cancel has been changed to 4 frames (Up from 1)
Uprise Ball (D,B+2+Block) - Now both hits hit opponents up close to Kano. First hit whiffs are furhter opponents

The Dream: Throw immunity is removed from main pressure strings and applied to more unique normals

Cutthroat:

Increased hitbox of B1 (Sneaky Blade) to be more consistent when combo-ing up close. Also has SLIGHTLY better range.
Increased the duration of armor on EX D,D+3 (Charge Up) to 4 frames

The Dream: Increased the combo window for EX D,D+3 (Charge Up) mid combo

Cybernetics:

D,B+3 (Up Laser) now has a startup value of 10 frames (Down from 16)
D,B+3 (Up Laser) now has a slightly more expanded hitbox
D,B+3 > Block (Enhanced Up Laser) Now bounces the opponent off the ground allowing for a follow up juggle.

The Dream: EX Knife Toss is +9 on block

Commando:

1,1 (Mischievous) and 1,1,2 (Villainous) can now cancel on block properly into command throws for tick setups
3,2 (Kombat Boots) can now cancel on block properly into command throws for tick setups
B3,1 (Getting Ahead) can now cancel on block properly into command throws for tick setups
D,F+1 (Choke) is now 0 on hit.
D,F+1+Block (Strangle) is +8 on hit

The Dream: D,B+1+Block (Survivor's Kounter) now pops up for a combo on hit

I don't think this is too unreasonable. The dream sections may be past the scope and are reaching, but everything else I think is fine. For clarity, I should say that the EX Ball Cancel being F,F or increasing the window of combo opportunity are relatively the same thing. I would take either.

Last edited:

HuttonMD

ADM Riddles
Look on page 5 of the main thread announcing the patch kombat cast.
Tyler put out a tweet saying commando is getting a new pop up string!!!

Daemantalo

Not Good Enough
I have already gave a sacrifice to Lord Ed Boon. The heart of Hsu Hao and Jarek will hopefully suffice, yes? I hope he doesn't fall off the map like MK9 Kano, who was never allowed to live. Cheers for literally ANYTHING positive for Kano. If he gets left out, I'm going to be pissed. Plain and simple.

Spencer

Always Training
Kano is just fine
YALL just want him to be shinnok
tier
Now that people hear theirs a patch coming everyone trying to get character Top tier

Or should I say "Shinnoked"
:DOGE

Daemantalo

Not Good Enough
Kano is just fine
YALL just want him to be shinnok
tier
Now that people hear theirs a patch coming everyone trying to get character Top tier

Or should I say "Shinnoked"
:DOGE
No, we don't want him to be Shinnok, we want him to not get left behind in the dust while everyone else gets buffed. Simple.

KitanawantstheD

CERTIFIED WANKER
Kano is NOT fine. He has one too many whiff issues to say he would be. Nobody wants him to be broken we just want his moves to be more reliable

HuttonMD

ADM Riddles
I saw on one post that they have changed it and it's way more useful. Don't quote me for truth though. Everything will come to fruition come Monday
Man I hope so. Juggle on ex would be nice or if its like HQT up laser where you can run in an convert off of a AA

FlappyDaniel

Snappin' spines all day e'ry day.
One of the hints tweeted out was that up laser is "a really good move now", and they're doing sweeping "quality of life" fixes that Im sure are going to address the majority, if not all, of the whiff issues. I got hope for dis patch guys.

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
He needs to also have his mb knives buffed as well.

As of now he has absolutely no mixups or ways to open people up besides zoning them out and making them make mistakes. But when he gets zoned out by characters like Quan/ kitana/ hish/ shinnok. He gets demolished because now he has to chase them down but once he gets in has no actual way of getting damage..

I have to resort to complete gimmicks such a as staggering b13 into d3xmb knives.

He needs his knives to be plus 10 so he can at least have a true grab mixup

Talking about cybernetic obviously