What's new

Fillipino Champ using Sinestro, you've been warned.

Well, maybe this is petty, but one thing I just started thinking about is that it makes no sense whatsoever to have let him demo injustice. So, being good at a completely unrelated game from a different company that runs on an entirely different engine qualifies you for access to a demo? Why?

I mean, obviously it makes sense to do that instead of giving a demo shot to people who have been loyal and supporting of MK / Nether Realm for years, buying several hundreds if not thousands of dollars worth of their products... right?

I'm awesome at Doom2 why doesn't that get me an Injustice demo? F it. That doesn't even make sense because I've been playing MK since I was like 10 when MK 1 was in the arcades.

We saw the other community's players trying MK9, and they did okay for a moment. TBH most will side board IGAU for their primary game.

And given that, I would not mind seeing someone try to beat a MK regular champ at MK- And such I could derive the same amount of glee from seeing any one or all of the top MK players trying to beat F Champ, ChrigsG or whoever is big in the other games at their chosen games....

Boils down to who will really dedicate the time and effort.

IF these "other" scenes players really dedicate to IGAU, then they will likely do very well. They are after all solid players... it's not like their fingers will stumble over unfamiliar inputs for long.

IF they do, then they are a part of the IGAU scene, and that is good for this scene.

But I still they will take it to maybe one or 2 big tourneys and quit for their real passion, whatever game that may be.

I for one am to poor to ever EVER make it to any major further away than Seattle, and almost never am able to make the monthly/casuals... so W/E I just hope the online function works.
True, but that sort of dedication from a player switching communities has never ever happened before (at least not that I know of).

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
And like that you've revealed to me that you know so little and it was a waste of my time to try and argue.
Tell me, @ EVO 2012, which communities had fucks given? MK9, and Capcom.

Capcom is the backbone of the FGC.
Fucks were given in MK9 and I'll use myself as an example, if no fucks were given:
- TYM & MK community wouldn't have sent me & UFG over (which IMO is a MAJOR thing in any competitve gaming scene I've ever seen, never seen a community come together like this before, and I've been competitive gaming since I was 15)
- I got fucked up in Vegas, barely in a state to focus, and if i were in a UK tourny would've just gone home for the weekend. But I was stuck in the back of a USA ambulance disoriented as fuck, fingering the hole in my head saying shit like ' I gotta go play MK '

We have a strong community full of players with true competitive heart.

If KOF were to just drop off the competitive scene, despite there numbers, I doubt many fucks would be given. But now, Injustice seems to have potential to merge all of the communities.

IDYLEHANDZ

Slave to burgers
True, but that sort of dedication from a player switching communities has never ever happened before (at least not that I know of).
TBH, I don't know if it has. But I also DGAF about the other communities "scene" I think mvc is cool to watch, but I struggle to grasp the game... it frustrates me. I started as a SF'er but casual at best.
But got very into MK, and think I could have done some cool things... Had I the money to attend regular events.
Shortened story, I play a mean shang tsung- with little match up exp.

Still have been here a while now, and have talked with the community here, and I really dig most all of em'

Neat people for the most part. I just wish them all well. And if Fchamp is that big of a doosh... Well practice hard and embarrass the shit outta him on stream. Put his head up on your mantle.

IceNine

Tired, But Strong
Well, maybe this is petty, but one thing I just started thinking about is that it makes no sense whatsoever to have let him demo injustice. So, being good at a completely unrelated game from a different company that runs on an entirely different engine qualifies you for access to a demo? Why?

I mean, obviously it makes sense to do that instead of giving a demo shot to people who have been loyal and supporting of MK / Nether Realm for years, buying several hundreds if not thousands of dollars worth of their products... right?

I'm awesome at Doom2 why doesn't that get me an Injustice demo? F it. That doesn't even make sense because I've been playing MK since I was like 10 when MK 1 was in the arcades.

I'm under the impression that this happened at PAX East. Where anybody present can play. Don't reckon he's one of the special game testers (although you never know), just a guy that waited in line like any other person at the booth.

That said, they have players from other communities come and test the game specifically because there is a lack of brand loyalty, there. Their input is unbiased and obviously valuable in creating a quality fighting game that is more than just MK. MK loyalists are obv not going to approach the game the same way, and I'm sure NRS could use all the help they could get in regards to balancing/polishing new mechanics unseen in MK.

ninjay

Noob
NerdJosh and Arturo Sanchez have been testing the game, and they are saying the Sinestro is a very strong character. Max Damage from full screen, EX fireball as instant overhead, and he also has a very fast overhead attack that is safe on block. I wasnt really planning on using him, but now I want to try him out.

trustinme

xbl-OBS trustinme
so fillipino champ is playing injustice? so fucking what? im sure alot of people are and just like mk9 the capcom players will quit the game after 8 weeks anyway.i doubt any of the top mk9 players who plan to pick up injustice feel threatened in any way whatsoever.

RexyWrecks

RTSD All Day. I'm going in. No Vaseline.

They have all earned their stripes in FGC. I agree with NRS on letting them test out the demo. You really can't use doom as an example, seeing that they are two different types of games...

Cat

This guy looks kind of tuff...
LBSH! He will play the game as much as Chris G played mk9. Even though Chris g did do pretty good. He won't do so hot vs true dedicated players.

Not to mention Chris g is better than fchamp at marvel so he won't be as good as Chris Jesus :p

I severely doubt that. Most of the fundamentals that fighting game players develop come from SF. It would't surprise me if a top SF player took the first tournament.
ive seen sf players pick up mk (casually) and they don't apply pressure or mix up there games efficiently (im sure they would with time), they play with a sf mentality, after a 2 year meta the only way they could remain competitive like in any game, would be to play it a lot (or to be chris g and play reptile, not hating)... injustice will be brand new and we will all have to adjust and explore it. You have to remember around the time of pdp the system was ENTIRELY NEW, and everyone was on equal ground and most mk fans had no fundamentals developed AT ALl, they didn't play footsies or make reads.

Also the fundamentals to every game are different, certain things will always transfer but INJUSTICE is still brand new and it will have its own fundamentals, we dont even know the poking system or frame data. When a person hasnt developed counter-poke skills in mk, i dont give a fuck how smart they are and creative and experienced, i will DESTROY them. When people arent sure about how much advantage and disadvantage they have I WILL ANNIHALATE THEM>

There will be a huge adjustment in movement, movement is insanely important in any fighting game and it takes time to learn(this is the only way i see SF pros having an edge early on, movement), also the game takes time for it to become fully reactionary so that we can react and strategize and learn from mistakes. Also blocking will be new but i have no problems with that personally, i have enough experience in sf to be good at block. We will all have to learn and exploit the system. Despite all this, if the game is this similar to MK, then the top mk players will understand how to exploit the characters and their frame data, and mixup potential quicker, because we have so much systematic experience. We know what to look for, what makes a string good, how to mixup with a string, how to abuse zoning tactics. These things exist in other games but the system is so drastically similar to MK i feel that we will have an edge and have more profound insights into the game early on.

PERSONALLY i have extremely high hopes for this game and hope more people like fchamp get into it.

CY MasterHavik

Master of Chaos and Jax
ME and Raven are going to give FChamp a magic attack and waffles back to marvel.:D I'm glad other players want to play Injustice, but it really depends how many of them stick around.

PoweredbyProtein

Eternal student
Tell me, @ EVO 2012, which communities had fucks given? MK9, and Capcom.

Capcom is the backbone of the FGC.
Fucks were given in MK9 and I'll use myself as an example, if no fucks were given:
- TYM & MK community wouldn't have sent me & UFG over (which IMO is a MAJOR thing in any competitve gaming scene I've ever seen, never seen a community come together like this before, and I've been competitive gaming since I was 15)
- I got fucked up in Vegas, barely in a state to focus, and if i were in a UK tourny would've just gone home for the weekend. But I was stuck in the back of a USA ambulance disoriented as fuck, fingering the hole in my head saying shit like ' I gotta go play MK '

We have a strong community full of players with true competitive heart.

If KOF were to just drop off the competitive scene, despite there numbers, I doubt many fucks would be given. But now, Injustice seems to have potential to merge all of the communities.
  • I never said no one cared about MK
  • All the communities send some of their people for tourneys, you point? People travel across countries more often than the MK community.
  • So your obsessed with MK and value it above your health, once again your point is?
  • Both the Tekken and "Anime" communities are larger than the NRS community, have more tournaments, and are played in more countries, but they aren't as relevant? Lol, okay.
  • Various communities play tekken, that unites players but I guess it isn't relevant.
  • All the other communities talk shit about the MK community, while rarely anyone does about 3D games, but I guess they aren't relevant.
  • The other communities have the same or larger pots as MK for majors but I guess they aren't relevant.
  • Apparently you don't realize, but mostly only the MK community gives a fuck about about MK.
It's apparent that you know nothing about the other communities and you're just talking out of your bias and obsession. Stop wasting my time, I'm not going to reply to you anymore.

DangerousBacon

Mechanical Engineering Bitch!
This Foxy Grandpa guy is a real piece of work. I never thought so much ignorance could come out of one guy. That being said, I hope Filipino Champ and Chris G curb stomp you.

This Foxy Grandpa guy is a real piece of work. I never thought so much ignorance could come out of one guy. That being said, I hope Filipino Champ and Chris G curb stomp you.

just let him keep dreaming lol.. these mk guys aren't even half the players the capcom guys are. they never had to deal with ambigious setups , they dnt count frames, they're not at the level that every button you press is a calculated risk. I mean.. How you let someone that hasn't played the game in like 6months comeback to win evo?!?!