What's new

FFVII REMAKE ANNOUNCED

Just another overrated Jap game that even calls himself ''rpg'' .
Proly the whole ~15 FF games have less lore than half of Baldur's Gate 1.

I could never understand the hype behind this game

I played a little bit and what I remember of It felt really linear and on rails, with a bit of character customization in the middle, like a modern day mobile game.

What is it that I'm missing with this game?
Everything.

Harlequin969

Always press buttons
I'm just hoping it's a legitmate remake and not just touching up the polygons or making a PS3 era game. I really want it to be a game with new everything thats worthy of next gen hardware. I might be asking too much but thats the remake that I want ;___;

RM NoBrows

Supah hawt fiyah
In all honesty though, no matter how good/bad this game turns out to be, I feel like I'll be somewhat dossappointed. Don't get me wrong I'm more hype right now then I've ever been for an announcement for a game, ever. However, the expectations for this game are gonna be absolutely through the roof. That and I've never got the same feeling from playing remade games opposed to the original.

diamond

Became a tier whore out of frustration
AHH!

I've been trolled a couple times with this one but this seems real! Favorite game of all time right next to OOT!!

E

Eldriken

In all honesty though, no matter how good/bad this game turns out to be, I feel like I'll be somewhat dossappointed. Don't get me wrong I'm more hype right now then I've ever been for an announcement for a game, ever. However, the expectations for this game are gonna be absolutely through the roof. That and I've never got the same feeling from playing remade games opposed to the original.
Dude, I'm in the same exact boat as you. This is what I fear the most. I'm wondering what they're going to fuck up some way or another that absolutely destroys the game.

I don't want them touching the battle system unless they make it like X/X-2 (no Dress Sphere crap). If not that, then just keep it as it was originally. Flat-out ATB.

I also hope they keep the Materia system. I'd really hate to see them take FF13's route with the Crystarium or some bastard system like that.

im just gonna come out and say it:
Remaking FFVII is a risky venture and honestly might not be a very good idea for one simple reason: the game has not aged well...at all. So many of the things that in many ways make FFVII such a classic are now almost to the point of self parody. The silent brooding protagonist with a hidden past. The long white haired villain. Don't even get me started on Barret....

When you remove the nostalgic factory as well as the ability to interpret line reads however you want and try to frame it as a modern game with modern visuals....I worry people don't quite realize what they are in for. That said, its worth the risk if it can give me that same sense of awe I had back when I first played the game.

diamond

Became a tier whore out of frustration
Resident Evil remake was actually better than the 1st IMO. Let's be positive :D

Zephyrus

TYM resident party pooper
this e3. this e3. THIS E3. OMFG. I'M HAVING THE BIGGEST NERD NIRVANA EVER. SHENMUE 3 WHICH IS ALREADY NEARLY FUNDED AND CRASHED KICKSTARTER FOR THE FIRST TIME. FINAL FUCKING FANTASY VII REMAKE. THE LAST GUARDIAN. HORIZON. UNCHARTED 4. SONY WON ALL E3'S FOREVER AND EVER.

jackempty0

Born on a Monday
fuck you playstation i have been down with xbox forever. since the beginning but you have finally got me you will take my money damn you. i will buy a ps4

Final Fantasy 7 for life

D4G

Win At All Cost
lol Don't get too excited people. We still dont even Have FF13Versus/FF15 and that was announced in 2011, plus the fact they mentioned nothing about it during this E3 means it's probably been pushed back Again!

I say we'll see a FF7 remake come to fruition just before Half Life 3 :DOGE

D4G

Win At All Cost
fuck you playstation i have been down with xbox forever. since the beginning but you have finally got me you will take my money damn you. i will buy a ps4

Final Fantasy 7 for life
Stick to the Xbox my friend, FF7 is not going to be a Playstation Exclusive

E

Eldriken

lol Don't get too excited people. We still dont even Have FF13Versus/FF15 and that was announced in 2011, plus the fact they mentioned nothing about during this E3 means it's probably been pushed back Again!

I say we'll see a FF7 remake come to fruition just before Half Life 3 :DOGE
KH3 is obviously getting pushed back as well, lol.

Reactions: D4G

Zephyrus

TYM resident party pooper
Stick to the Xbox my friend, FF7 is not going to be a Playstation Exclusive
it's temporary. And it'll probably be for a year.

But shenmue 3. the last guardian. horizon. uncharted 4. look at that shit. jesus i'm going mental. so hyped

D4G

Win At All Cost
it's temporary. And it'll probably be for a year.

But shenmue 3. the last guardian. horizon. uncharted 4. look at that shit. jesus i'm going mental. so hyped
Honestly out of all they showed I only got hype for Horizon. FF7 is nice to see but again I don't expect anything to come of it anytime soon. I'm the type of person who loves seeing new authentic IP's that try and break from the saturated market of remakes, remasters and continuations of series we've seen and played a 100 times over.

Is Horizon a PS4 exclusive?

I could never understand the hype behind this game

I played a little bit and what I remember of It felt really linear and on rails, with a bit of character customization in the middle, like a modern day mobile game.

What is it that I'm missing with this game?
I think it's that we never played it in it's heyday. I tried to play this game on Steam, but felt exactly like you did. It just didn't feel right to me. I'm thinking a lot of people are just wearing nostalgia tinted glasses.