What's new

General/Other - Ferra/Torr Ferra & Torr General Discussion Thread

Best novel title for Ferra & Torr?

• The Little Munchkin and her Faithful Servant.

Votes: 14 11.4%
  • The Savage Cutie and her Obedient Brute.

Votes: 18 14.6%
  • The Vicious Dwarf and her Huggy Buddy.

Votes: 18 14.6%
  • The Small Woman and her Adrift Protector.

Votes: 9 7.3%
  • The Pygmy Lady and the Hopeless Soul.

Votes: 12 9.8%
  • Cutie and the Beast

Votes: 72 58.5%

• Total voters

MK Led

Umbasa
They already have a model for her face.
Yes but they would need to appropriate it for the new size. I was saying they would only have to tweak existing models, not create entirely new ones. Unless there is a secret brute-ferra model floating around, I mean they have the art from the ending but obviously that isn't a model.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Yes but they would need to appropriate it for the new size. I was saying they would only have to tweak existing models, not create entirely new ones. Unless there is a secret brute-ferra model floating around, I mean they have the art from the ending but obviously that isn't a model.
Shhhh...
Don't complicate this... Just pretend its already there and demand it like everyone else.

HateMe!

Noob
Did anyone notice that Lackey's EX Backbreaker~b is bugged and the last hit doesn't deal damage? I'm playing on a PC version so I don't have the latest patch.

Sorry if it's been posted here already.

Wetdoba

All too easy...
Did anyone notice that Lackey's EX Backbreaker~b is bugged and the last hit doesn't deal damage? I'm playing on a PC version so I don't have the latest patch.

Sorry if it's been posted here already.
Not a bug. If you want to throw them behind you to put them in the corner thats the trade off you get for no extra damage

ThaJyesta

Ferra does the rhyme, all the time

Didn't see a video thread, so I'll just post this here. I usually don't get too worked up when I play a match. Maybe a knee punch every now and then, but I usually brush it off and move on. But this one... holy shit, I was flicking off the screen at the end of the 1st round and damn near jumped for joy once it was over.

Dukmunky

Arms Dealer, including all 4 of Goro's

Didn't see a video thread, so I'll just post this here. I usually don't get too worked up when I play a match. Maybe a knee punch every now and then, but I usually brush it off and move on. But this one... holy shit, I was flicking off the screen at the end of the 1st round and damn near jumped for joy once it was over.
Fuck. Yes. Well played.

recret

Noob

Now thats nice ferra/tor play, really cool man.
Guys im new to the forum and also to the game, im loving this couple but i have trouble in some match ups, mainly scorpion i cant do much against the teleports, do you know where can i post for help? maybe a match up tread? thanks in advance.

* Didn't see a video thread, so I'll just post this here. I usually don't get too worked up when I play a match. Maybe a knee punch every now and then, but I usually brush it off and move on. But this one... holy shit, I was flicking off the screen at the end of the 1st round and damn near jumped for joy once it was over.
Excellent lame play. The only tip I can offer at this time is to perhaps try out some baiting, fool the opponent into thinking you're doing a Ferra Toss. I'm not sure if there's a normal with a fast enough whiff recovery that can also reasonably bait the opponent visually.
Guys im new to the forum and also to the game,
im loving this couple but i have trouble in some match ups, mainly scorpion i cant do much against the teleports, do you know where can i post for help? maybe a match up tread? thanks in advance.
Welcome, Recret!
You may post here for general help and stuff. Which variations do you use? If you're not using Lackey, a Neutral Jump Punch can hit teleporting characters even from behind Torr.

ThaJyesta

Excellent lame play. The only tip I can offer at this time is to perhaps try out some baiting, fool the opponent into thinking you're doing a Ferra Toss. I'm not sure if there's a normal with a fast enough whiff recovery that can also reasonably bait the opponent visually.
Thanks for the feedback. Yeah, I'm still working on a lot of aspects of my play--doing things pretty basic at this point. I need to work on my pressure and baiting and all, but these two are just a blast to play in so many ways. :D

Tigerbang

Legendary doodbro
After you knock the opponent down with a projectile crush-BossToss (b,f+4) or force a projectile trade with full screen bowl gurl (b,f+2) GO IN ! Ferra/Tor gets DECIMATED on defense but they get theirs on offense also do not abuse neutral jump 1 or 2 against stronger players because they will make you pay heavily.

ThaJyesta

After you knock the opponent down with a projectile crush-BossToss (b,f+4) or force a projectile trade with full screen bowl gurl (b,f+2) GO IN ! Ferra/Tor gets DECIMATED on defense but they get theirs on offense also do not abuse neutral jump 1 or 2 against stronger players because they will make you pay heavily.
Word. Playing online I've had some pretty decent success winning the zoning game and playing against people who just don't understand what F/T can do, so sometimes my mind just defaults to that, but I do wanna get more comfortable getting on the offensive. In this match particular I was just like "Oh, you wanna play? Let's play!" so that's what you see there.

What's your usual method for GOIN' IN once you've gotten the knockdown? Do you run in and start swinging? Dash up and block? That's definitely an area I'm looking to improve on.

And I'm working on weening myself off of NJP. But gahtdamn is it gooooood. :REO

Malec

Noob
Torr smash is now -7. boo =(
after I read this, I tested it in the Pmode against Kung Lao reversal ex spin and sometimes I cant block it and sometimes I can, kinda strange. Well Torr smash never felt like neutral on block to me.

Barrogh

Meta saltmine
after I read this, I tested it in the Pmode against Kung Lao reversal ex spin and sometimes I cant block it and sometimes I can, kinda strange. Well Torr smash never felt like neutral on block to me.
Some (if not majority of them) moves with many active frames will retain their full duration regardless of when they hit the opponent. Do in in late frames and opponent's blockstun will begin later and thus he will recover later.
Look up Lackey's Roll thread, you'll see one of the finest examples. Another being close Ferra Toss into b1 frametrap.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Some (if not majority of them) moves with many active frames will retain their full duration regardless of when they hit the opponent. Do in in late frames and opponent's blockstun will begin later and thus he will recover later.
Look up Lackey's Roll thread, you'll see one of the finest examples. Another being close Ferra Toss into b1 frametrap.

The original post has been updated with a video of Torr remembering why he fights, and with more linkies to good threads. Three threads have also been stabbed with a push pin to the top of our sub-forum's listing.

Jaku2011

Filled with determination
I guess to try to make ruthless more appealing? Still bullshit, boss toss is the incentive of the variation and we're nerfing it's damage now, might as well not even use it and just go for the 2f4 ender now for better oki. Super bummed right now

Asodimazze

https://twitter.com/AlfioZacco
We lost 3-5% in basically every combo...

Njp, b232+4, f2, 4xxboss toss does 29% instead of 34%.
F2, f3,11,4xx boss toss is 33% instead of 36%.
B232+4, f3, f2, f3, 4xxboss toss does 34% instead of 38%.

So dumb.

Looks like it was hotfixed probably, the scaling on boss toss is much worse now.
I don't see how in the world NRS thought this nerf was necessary
I guess to try to make ruthless more appealing? Still bullshit, boss toss is the incentive of the variation and we're nerfing it's damage now, might as well not even use it and just go for the 2f4 ender now for better oki. Super bummed right now
Damage loss seems to be 1–4%, depending on the combo you use.

The good news is: F2~4xxBoss Toss was meant to be only 2% less.
We lost 3-5% in basically every combo...

Njp, b232+4, f2, 4xxboss toss does 29% instead of 34%.
F2, f3,11,4xx boss toss is 33% instead of 36%.
B232+4, f3, f2, f3, 4xxboss toss does 34% instead of 38%.

So dumb.
I've already updated the FerraTory with the normal scaling on Boss Toss. Look at these midscreen combos:

F2~4xxBoss Toss | 30% – now it's 28%
F2~F3~4xxBoss Toss | 33% – post-hotfix: 32%
F2~F3~1,1~4xxBoss Toss | 36% – post-hotfix: 33%
F2~F3~B1,2xxBoss Toss | 31% – post-hotfix: 29%

B2,3,2+4~JI2~walk/run, B1,2xxBoss Toss | 29% → 25%
B2,3,2+4~walk/run, F2~F3~B1,2xxBoss Toss | 34% → 30%
B2,3,2+4~walk/run, F2~F3~4xxBoss Toss | 35% → 32%

B2,3,2+4~walk/run, F3~F2~4xxBoss Toss | 35% → 32%
B2,3,2+4~walk/run, F3~F2~F3~4xxBoss Toss | 38% → 34%

NJP~Dash~F3~F2~4xxBoss Toss | 34% → 32%
NJP~Dash~F3~F2~F3~4xxBoss Toss | 37% → 34%

It still does 16% when done raw.

---

It was not a nerf: It was fixing damage scaling that wasn't working as it was supposed to.

All that damage scaling stuff wasn't from the patch it was a hotfix today

http://community.wbgames.com/t5/Latest-Updates/Hotfix-5-20-15/ba-p/513275

But the patch did have some changes for us. Since I am XB1 and just now got the patch I had time to write down some basic frame data for all our stuff to see if they snuck any changes by us and it turns out they did.

S1 went from 0 on block to +1
S4 went from -8 on block to +2
B121 went from 0 on block to -3 (B12 still 0 though)
4 2+4 went from 0 on block to +2

(forgot to mention these are in Ruthless that I compared these)

Last edited:

Damn it that was awesome!