What's new

General/Other - Ferra/Torr Ferra & Torr General Discussion Thread

Best novel title for Ferra & Torr?

• The Little Munchkin and her Faithful Servant.

Votes: 14 11.4%
  • The Savage Cutie and her Obedient Brute.

Votes: 18 14.6%
  • The Vicious Dwarf and her Huggy Buddy.

Votes: 18 14.6%
  • The Small Woman and her Adrift Protector.

Votes: 9 7.3%
  • The Pygmy Lady and the Hopeless Soul.

Votes: 12 9.8%
  • Cutie and the Beast

Votes: 72 58.5%

• Total voters

Audit

Falls down too much
Vicious is pretty easy to build meter in, but I'm having a hell of a time getting meter in Lackey. It's not like I can start any full screen offense that builds meter like the rest of the cast, and command grab is definitely not safe to whiff from full screen against all of the cast, anyone have any tips?

I love playing Scut Farkus and his little toadie Grover Dill, but meter is such a struggle compared to my other characters.

Malec

Noob
Vicious is pretty easy to build meter in, but I'm having a hell of a time getting meter in Lackey. It's not like I can start any full screen offense that builds meter like the rest of the cast, and command grab is definitely not safe to whiff from full screen against all of the cast, anyone have any tips?

I love playing Scut Farkus and his little toadie Grover Dill, but meter is such a struggle compared to my other characters.
you are not supposed to be fullscreen and building meter in Lackey, get in! and put up your pressure on and you will get your meter, I have no problem at all with meter and its not that hard to get in as Lackey, I dont think Lackey can be realy zoned out that easy with super armor on ex charge. grandmaster sub could be hard, but I dont have alot of experience against that, just started with F/T

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor

You only really need 1 bar.

Audit

Falls down too much
You only really need 1 bar.

LOL That's just it, usually it goes well when I'm in, but it feels like once a match I'm full screen with 7/8ths of a bar. Other characters could just throw a projectile, get their meter and move on. Lackey doesn't have that ability, and without that one meter my options for getting in against an opponent that is most likely terrified to stand within half a screen of me.

you are not supposed to be fullscreen and building meter in Lackey, get in! and put up your pressure on and you will get your meter, I have no problem at all with meter and its not that hard to get in as Lackey, I dont think Lackey can be realy zoned out that easy with super armor on ex charge. grandmaster sub could be hard, but I dont have alot of experience against that, just started with F/T
How do I ex charge in if I don't have meter? LOL That is exactly my problem. Without meter, against single hitting projectiles I can either block,duck/dodge or charge at one timing with the projectile invincibility window.

I didn't play Bain too much, but me being fullscreen with no meter feels like his cooldown phase, except there's nothing to wait out.

Forr

Variationless Ferra Torr
Stuck at full screen with no meter you just have to be patient. Block -- Run cancel -- Block -- walk forward -- Block...etc.

It's not fun, but it's reality.

JaeTea

Noob
Just started playing as F/T. Coming from Mileena I'm completely lost sometimes.

Anyone have any good block strings that I can use to pressure in close? B1,2?

Whats his best wakeup? EX Trample?

Just started playing as F/T. Coming from Mileena I'm completely lost sometimes.

Anyone have any good block strings that I can use to pressure in close? B1,2?

Whats his best wakeup? EX Trample?
B12 is listed as mid iirc but it can somehow be neutral ducked. Its bs. He has great footsies in lackey and you can use f32 to close distance. You can also go f32 ex shuryukin punch and make them fear full combo

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
LOL That's just it, usually it goes well when I'm in, but it feels like once a match I'm full screen with 7/8ths of a bar. Other characters could just throw a projectile, get their meter and move on. Lackey doesn't have that ability, and without that one meter my options for getting in against an opponent that is most likely terrified to stand within half a screen of me.

How do I ex charge in if I don't have meter? LOL That is exactly my problem. Without meter, against single hitting projectiles I can either block,duck/dodge or charge at one timing with the projectile invincibility window.

I didn't play Bain too much, but me being fullscreen with no meter feels like his cooldown phase, except there's nothing to wait out.
If you're a lackey, never use MB charge to get in. Use MB roll if you have to use anything.

anyone got advice for what to do when ferra is not on torr? new to the character and also wondered what causes ferra to be knocked off

- anyone got advice for what to do when ferra is not on torr?
- new to the character
- and also wondered what causes ferra to be knocked off
- For one, you may use Torr's 6-frame, long-reaching D1 from the Lackey variation for as long as Ferra is away.
- Welcome!
- Anything that would result in Torr being knocked down or lifts him up will cause Ferra to fall off. In addition, using a Ferra-specific normal or special (like Ferra Toss or B2) and being hit out of it will cause Torr to lose Ferra. It happens on most, if not all, of Torr's Ferra-required moves.

- For one, you may use Torr's 6-frame, long-reaching D1 from the Lackey variation for as long as Ferra is away.
- Welcome!
- Anything that would result in Torr being knocked down or lifts him up will cause Ferra to fall off. In addition, using a Ferra-specific normal or special (like Ferra Toss or B2) and being hit out of it will cause Torr to lose Ferra. It happens on most, if not all, of Torr's Ferra-required moves.
thanks for the answers :) yeah torrs d1 has insane reach

Reauxbot

You think you bad? You aint bad.
So here i am looking for a secondary character. And for some damn reason Biggie smalls, though the least used character, is appealing. Idk why.
Is this a viable character ladies and gentleman? Haven't seen one in any tournaments.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
So here i am looking for a secondary character. And for some damn reason Biggie smalls, though the least used character, is appealing. Idk why.
Is this a viable character ladies and gentleman? Haven't seen one in any tournaments.
You need to watch more tournaments then. Grr just took 3rd, Whiteboi just took 7th, and Bio took 1st in tournaments across the continent.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Sorry man. I have no idea how to find out what tournaments are where.
Most of them hit up the front page, but to give you a few...

The Break weekly and GGA (GALLOPING GHOST ARCADE) are two I can recommend.
From there you just kinda naturally branch out.

Malec

Noob
what are you guys doing against crossover jump in punshes, thats the most annoying thing for me right now and I have alot of problems dealing with someone just jumping around me over and over again. Lackey btw.

Ruthless is the real deal to me.

I stay clear of F/T a lot due to how zoned they can get(Jacquie plz...), but lawdy the damage off anything with three stacks is something you gotta respect.

^Malec, d1, u1, run out.