What's new

[Feb 20, 2016] Get it in Ohio - UMK3 Tournament - $1000 to 1st Place! (Cincinnati, OH)

Osirun

www.powerupfighters.org
I do plan on it, as there is an event at arcade legacy that night. I'm hoping there's room, would be great for promoting last minute

@Osirun is this an option?
There should definitely be room. We will be having PowerUp Winter Series Meet 2 on that Friday, February 19. Cash entry tournaments for MKX, KI, and SFV. I would love to see some UMK3 players at the event just to have a good time and/or enter the PowerUp tournaments.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
There should definitely be room. We will be having PowerUp Winter Series Meet 2 on that Friday, February 19. Cash entry tournaments for MKX, KI, and SFV. I would love to see some UMK3 players at the event just to have a good time and/or enter the PowerUp tournaments.
Oh nice, will probably enter MKX. I haven't played SFV yet but id like to try it.

McLOV1NS

Noob
@McLOV1NS you're more connected with the Cincinnati scene than I am at this point... we have 9 RSVP'd yes here, a few are bringing others with them, I estimate that's 12-14. How many Cincy guys do you think will show up?
Well I know Chris Hudepohl said he as for sure coming. Hes a decent Kabal and Robo Smoke player. Aside from him there's Darius, Ryan, Antonio and possibly Diego and Derrick Legend. I'd only count in Chris as a sure thing though......

Sugarwatermixlegit

Bruce Campbell 4 MK!!!
I live in Dayton, and would love to attend (I have never been to a tourney, mainly because its hard to find them around here) but I have no clue how to play UMK3 at a high level and would get bodied. The game does look really fun though, its easily my favorite looking classic MK game.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
SFV is the reason I'm finally getting a PS4
Same here actually, going to get the SFV bundle when it comes out.

I'd like to mention again that I'm glad this is 3/5 for the entire tournament then 4/7 for finals. 2/3 in UMK3 goes by super quick especially in tournament.

I was thinking maybe we could have other fun side tournaments like "Random Select" tournament or "2v2", etc. Thoughts?

Hey dude. I can't promise I will show up (It's a long ways for me and money is tight), but I am really looking forward to it happening and am glad to see people are still having tourneys of this game.

I run a Facebook group that mainly focuses on Kompetitive Trilogy, but talks about UMK3 as well. Anyways, I gave this tourney a shout out on there to help promote it. I hope that you have a great turn out!

I am going to attempt to make it though, but it is pretty unlikely.

Last edited:

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Hey dude. I can't promise I will show up (It's a long ways for me and money is tight), but I am really looking forward to it happening and am glad to see people are still having tourneys of this game.

I run a Facebook group that mainly focuses on Kompetitive Trilogy, but talks about UMK3 as well. Anyways, I gave this tourney a shout out on there to help promote it. I hope that you have a great turn out!

I am going to attempt to make it though, but it is pretty unlikely.
What's the FB page? I love Trilogy! Unfortunately there's no online for it and no one really plays it here, but it will be at the tournament!

What's the FB page? I love Trilogy! Unfortunately there's no online for it and no one really plays it here, but it will be at the tournament!
You can't really 'play' it unless you're playing offline with someone or you have the emulator and net play, which I have both.
When kids were buying pilot wings and Mario 64 back in 96, mkt was the first game I got with my n64

https://www.facebook.com/groups/978173802229455/

Here ya go bro. I just started the page here recently so it isn't very big yet, but me and my friends are working on it! I saw the listing for MKT N64 and it got me pumped. I really want to try my Cage out against some comp from out of my area.

Sorry for the double post, but I was just going to confirm that I am going to appear at the event and participate in the tourneys/casuals!

It will be about a 7 1/2 hour drive to there from Mississippi, but it is worth it to me. I am hoping to see many people show and that the competition goes well. I will also bring a N64 with Trilogy, controllers, and a CRT in case we need it (Ya never know what could go wrong) for the side competition.
If we want to stream MKT and use a CRT at the same time I can help with that too!

It'll be my first real tournament, so wish me luck.

Sorry for the double post, but I was just going to confirm that I am going to appear at the event and participate in the tourneys/casuals!

It will be about a 7 1/2 hour drive to there from Mississippi, but it is worth it to me. I am hoping to see many people show and that the competition goes well. I will also bring a N64 with Trilogy, controllers, and a CRT in case we need it (Ya never know what could go wrong) for the side competition.
If we want to stream MKT and use a CRT at the same time I can help with that too!

It'll be my first real tournament, so wish me luck.
Awesome!

Who's up for casuals Friday night the 19th? There will be casuals beforehand on Saturday afternoon, but I'm setting everything up Friday night and wondering who might be there

Who's up for casuals Friday night the 19th? There will be casuals beforehand on Saturday afternoon, but I'm setting everything up Friday night and wondering who might be there
Sorry man. I really hope there are a bunch of casuals before and after the UMK3 tourney in each of the games come Saturday because I know I won't be able to make it in time to play any Friday. Like I said, I can help with a good kompetitive set up come Saturday if we end up needing it, but that is the best I can do.