What's new

[Feb 20, 2016] Get it in Ohio - UMK3 Tournament - $1000 to 1st Place! (Cincinnati, OH)

MRIGOTBASS

Also the date or particulars can be worked out to accomidate the players that will be participating.

I think everyone involved has the same goal, you guys need to talk shit out rather than argue.

I am glad that @Juggs is going, i can finally stop hearing about the damn marvinrasta video once and for all. :)

For anyone else that wants to talk shit, @nwo you are a disgrace you fuck boy you. Shit talking for years behind peoples backs and have no nuts to show up.

You have Juggs, Drak, Drew, DDY_08, Dubson, Fat Hate, Mclovin, and a few suprises going to the largest dedicated umk3 event IMO since 2010 and your scared as fuck to lose. Everyone should shame @nwo, I though AlexJones followers was some crusaiders and shit, your a paper lamb LOL.

GGs

Reactions: Mgo

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
good I was gettin worried
I'm expecting 16 players ish, which isn't bad for a standalone UMK3 event at all. If this was hosted at a major, it'd easily get over 32 players just because of the $1000 1st place prize.

dubson

Noob
If @Juggs is going for sure, that would be great.

I would have to change a lot of shit around to go. I have a chemistry 2 lab quiz on that friday (the 19th) that I would have to leave. Since it is on friday, there are no make-ups. I have to see if my instructor will allow me to go thursday or something. That also assumes that the thursday teacher allows me to come in to that class for the day. There are only so many spots available. We have to take a quiz that day and then do a lab. I am still gonna ask, but anytime you have to basically move an entire day backwards and do two days in one it's very tough. On top of all the other stuff I have going on.

I mean, I know no one wants to play @NoDoubt in the first round but shit....

Last edited:

YourMKArcadeSource

Your Source For All Things MK Arcade Related
I've decided I'll be attending after all. I have a few arcade parts to sell which will be able to fund a good chunk of the cost (well, the plane ticket at least). So I guess I'll see you all on Feb. 20, some of you the night before.

EDIT: Ticket purchased. I get into Cinci around 6pm Friday night, the 19th.

Last edited:
Awesome, @YourMKArcadeSource . Look forward to seeing you!

Also, I've kicked around other methods of getting seeds done correctly.
2 regions - North and South. Basically draw a line through a logical point on the map (probably somewhere around the Cincinnati area so the local guys can get split into separate regions), and then do a 2 out of 3 round robin to determine seeding for each region. Seeding will be done by total matches won, tiebreaker of head to head matches won.

dubson

Noob
lol this and the online qualifier is seriously unnecessary, but whatever.

if i have to drive 13-14 hours to play @NoDoubt in the first round, it is what it is for me and it's double elim for a reason.

it's a 14 ish man tournament and the best person that day will win, straight up. this is absurd for this. come to play.

Last edited:
lol this and the online qualifier is seriously unnecessary, but whatever.

if i have to drive 13-14 hours to play @NoDoubt in the first round, it is what it is for me and its double elim for a reason.

its a 14 ish man tournament and the best person that day will win, straight up. this is absurd for this. come to play.
Yeah that online event won't work.
RR will add a lot of time to the event.
If @Juggs and @NoDoubt see each other in the first round one will have to power his way through to grand finals.

@Shock your thoughts?

NoDoubt

nasty
Didn't you say N64 MKT will be there too? I really want to play that against good players.
Last time played that was at arez god a war crib with simon lol. Arez threw his pad at the console n it return-boomeranged from the wall it hit lmao

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Yeah that online event won't work.
RR will add a lot of time to the event.
If @Juggs and @NoDoubt see each other in the first round one will have to power his way through to grand finals.

@Shock your thoughts?
Are you talking about a random seeding tournament? A completely random tournament for such an occasion could be a draw. It could potentially set up a very easy path to Winners Finals for a somewhat decent player and clear most of the competition out early. IMO, the best is going to win that day no matter what, but second and third could be some very unlikely people given the right circumstances.

That having been said, Hell yeah random tournament. If could be there I'd play in that.

If you have 2 set ups, Round Robin is very doable for up to like 15 players or so in a few hours even if everyone players everyone, 3 out of 5s will add a bit of time to that, then take the best record or take the top 3 and have a mini elimination top 3.

Are you talking about a random seeding tournament? A completely random tournament for such an occasion could be a draw. It could potentially set up a very easy path to Winners Finals for a somewhat decent player and clear most of the competition out early. IMO, the best is going to win that day no matter what, but second and third could be some very unlikely people given the right circumstances.

That having been said, Hell yeah random tournament. If could be there I'd play in that.

If you have 2 set ups, Round Robin is very doable for up to like 15 players or so in a few hours even if everyone players everyone, 3 out of 5s will add a bit of time to that, then take the best record or take the top 3 and have a mini elimination top 3.
I may just do a totally random draw. Still haven't decided on regions or not.

I don't want to have so much tournament time the side games can't be played and enjoyed. I for one definitely want to get down with some n64 trilogy and TE. There's an excellent mk2 machine there as well.

@Shock if there's any way at all you can get down here man that would be amazing

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Some South Americans are interested in coming to this btw... that would be hype!

To be clear, here's the setups I'm bringing....
2 towers and a laptop. The towers will be running UMK3 and the laptop will run TE. I'll have monitors for all of them.
A N64 to run MKT.

CONTROLLERS: Bring your own, plus any adapters you may need. Any third party software as well if you must. Or tell me ahead of time what you run. I use a PS3 controller and motion-n-joy for MAME. I'll have controllers for the n64. There's no guarantee of participation if you don't bring your own. I'll try to have extras.

I really want to play them in MKT and have them beat the crap outta me, lol.
N64 MKT could have been the best version. But they cheaped out on everything. Made it accidentally good, but it would have been nice to remove the pillow from the sound recorder first.

Hi guys,
i'm Wan, a player from Brazil, here we are two or three players that want go to the tourmant, they're really good players, we doing all possible to them can go..And we know there are many nice players from USA..Here our best players are Speed and gustavo..

Here some fights from them.

marcelo vs Speed n64 mkt

Speed x Marvin UMK3 Mame - Amistosos

Gustavo p1 vs p2 Speed MKT N64

It will be a pleasure if we can go in this tournament, there is a gaming company that will maybe sponsor them if it goes well, they will most likely.. Thank you!

Last edited: