What's new

F Champ Receives Lifetime Ban, Racism in the FGC/USA, and Other Prevalent Social Discussions

Sometimes YouTube and Google scare me.
Not long after I wrote my big communist post I get this recommendation from YouTube:

Never seen it before but I love this man.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
Thank goodness under your administration they'll have access to free healthcare.
Damn right they will, Chief Economic Advisor Marlow. Congress, Biden and Trump won't know what the fuck hit them when the Angelman Administration descends upon Washington like the forces of Outworld.

All I need now is an endorsement from NRS, who I can't imagine would have much to lose getting behind a delusional Puerto Rican from the Bronx as the next leader of the free world.

#Angelman2020

That's all facts. And then we're the snowflakes because we don't want to tolerate it, or we're assholes for asking people to change. People need their fucking heads examined.
The same guys that call people snowflakes are the same type of guys who had a emotional melt down that EA was cracking down on racist names in their games. According to them its an attack on freedom of speech. Its their right to be able to make racist names, if they can't then they won't buy another EA game!

ItsYaBoi

Noob
The same guys that call people snowflakes are the same type of guys who had a emotional melt down that EA was cracking down on racist names in their games. According to them its an attack on freedom of speech. Its their right to be able to make racist names, if they can't then they won't buy another EA game!
The irony is that people who use that term alot are the biggest fucking snowflakes you’ll EVER meet.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
The irony is that people who use that term alot are the biggest fucking snowflakes you’ll EVER meet.
Facts and facts. Same as so many people who get overly mad when shit like this situation blows up in the first place are the ones with secrets to hide, who want to discourage things like cancel culture itself for their own personal safety from being exposed. For them, I play a song on the world's smallest violin. Shouldn't have fucked up so bad, then, bud.

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
It's a trend I've observed over the past few years, these people have a pattern and it's hilarious.

-say they want and like strong women
-really only want to see them to objectify them
-if they aren't objectifiable, they cry and slap terms like 'woke' and clam they have a 'face of a woman, body of a man'
-if they actually are 'strong' aka, independent, they hate that too

They do that with everything. Different issues, same idiotic pattern.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
It's a trend I've observed over the past few years, these people have a pattern and it's hilarious.

-if they aren't objectifiable, they cry and slap terms like 'woke' and clam they have a 'face of a woman, body of a man'

Yep. I can confirm this, not as a woman but as someone whose entire close circle of friends are strong women and non-binary warrior souls. It's fucking disgusting, the stories I've heard and the guys I knew and knew of back in Jersey, especially in the Halloween haunt circuit. Oh my fucking goodness...
Guys say they want the Brienne of Tarth type, just because they want the satisfaction of holding dominion over them, until they see what a strong woman is really made of, and then cry foul after foul when they realize how in over their heads they are. Cowards.

Facts and facts. Same as so many people who get overly mad when shit like this situation blows up in the first place are the ones with secrets to hide, who want to discourage things like cancel culture itself for their own personal safety from being exposed. For them, I play a song on the world's smallest violin. Shouldn't have fucked up so bad, then, bud.

Also, sidebar...I hope one day that I manage to agitate one of those special types of assholes enough that they try to doxx me and dig up my past in the hopes of making a hypocrite out of me. I will laugh all six sides of my ass off. My social media presence across my entire life has consisted of three Facebooks (two personal, one for my writing), a Myspace, and a Deadjournal. In 2002, I went to high school at Pocono Mountain West - easily the most racist, pro-Bush, Fox-News-heavy place I've ever been - and their regiment of vice principals tried to expel me from the school district for terrorism for having a conversation with my friend ABOUT a conversation we'd had in sixth grade about Columbine. They really just wanted to make an example of me because I was a Puerto Rican who looked Arab and wore band tees and giant pants, and they let me right back in to the rejoicing of all my pals and family when my social worker mother threatened to sue the school district into the ground. But after that, I made it a point to never, no matter what the situation, say or post ANYTHING in the public eye without making damn sure it can't bite me in the ass.

I say all of this for future reference to anyone like we've seen in this debte who are a part of the bigger disease around this Champ incident, or any like it in the future, that I may aggravate by clamoring for heads to roll, so that you don't waste either of our time trying to discourage or scare me off. I may not be able to compete or play or lab like I used to, but I can absolutely be of use as a vocal and protective oldhead with nothing to hide and everything to gain from your collective ignorance and prejudice, determined to reach a future where shit like this can be kept to a minimum, and others who might be afraid to be part of the fray can get behind my crazy ass to boost them up.
Stay mad about it, undercover racist mob. Call me a white knight. Tell me I'm only doing it so I can bang gamer girls, or get sponsored by some progressive new stable, or that I'm a George Soros plant who's come to poison the FGC with his Anitfa agenda. I have read and heard it all, and it doesn't do a thing but make me laugh.

Last edited:

ItsYaBoi

Noob
Yep. I can confirm this, not as a woman but as someone whose entire close circle of friends are strong women and non-binary warrior souls. It's fucking disgusting, the stories I've heard and the guys I knew and knew of back in Jersey, especially in the Halloween haunt circuit. Oh my fucking goodness...
Guys say they want the Brienne of Tarth type, just because they want the satisfaction of holding dominion over them, until they see what a strong woman is really made of, and then cry foul after foul when they realize how in over their heads they are. Cowards.
Exactly. They want women to have the facade of being strong, but with no actual agency or independence of their own. They still want men to be pulling the strings from behind the curtain. It’s pure fetishisation, no actual substance.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
The issue with that is that if you aren't living in the experience then you really can't debate anything. Studies and statistics can't illustrate much in reality, its just a view of things from the outside looking in. Not the actual experience living in it.
I have experienced poverty albeit I am certain that many people around the world have experienced much worse. But even if I had not, why should my opinion, or yours, or anyone else's, on poverty be irrelevant? This line of thinking is flawed and narrow-minded yet very popular among some circles in Twitter. Your opinion on a particular subject is somehow invalid unless you belong to a certain sect (i.e., either poor or immigrant or black or Asian or gay, etc.) This mentality silences people and does not advance any meaningful conversation.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
You’re somewhat right, but unfortunately it has become a political issue - and not just because of the media. This cannot be ignored.

If you collate views from both left wing politicians and right wing politicians, the vast majority of the former will be for equality across the board and want a fairer society. The vast majority of the latter care about money first and foremost, and usually don’t give a fuck about people unless it’s for capital gain (or as one of them said recently, human capital, because nothing says that you value humans more than looking at them as a walking dollar sign).

To deny this and sit somewhat in the middle politically is to stick your head in the sand. You’re right, it SHOULDN’T be about politics, but it is - and I can post hundreds of tweets from both left and right wing politicians, as well as voting records and expressed opinions, and then it will spell out what everybody knows but many people refuse to admit/play devils advocate for. I get where you’re coming from, I honestly do, but I think you’re being a bit naive playing the peaceful “we should all get along” mantra - which we should, but right now we have enemies who don’t view certain sects of people as equal, so they need to be called out and they need to lose. One option is voting.

But I’ve even seen it in this thread, apathetic attitudes toward voting in November when one option is CLEARLY better at a basic moral level. Sure, it’s not a perfect option and it’s VERY flawed - but the alternative is four more years of this absolute shitshow run by a racist, bigoted, utterly clueless celebrity.

TLDR: one political side is clearly on the right side with this. So if it does boil down to politics - which, unfortunately it does - they should garner the support of decent people with a basic moral compass.
If you honestly think that November is going to change this, though, I have a bridge to sell you.

(Yes, it's important, and you should vote -- but the president is the figurehead at the top of a very large system).

I'm not suggesting to stick one's head in the sand -- and it's ok to support people based on specific actionable issues (like say, police reform). Voting is important. But the issue of racism on the whole is not specific to any particular party. We need people on both/all sides to really make progress. Because the A vs. B stalemate goes nowhere -- and we've been seeing that for years.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
Obviously not gonna generalize it and say no man knows how to write a good female character, but a quick trip to r/menwritingwomen is enough to prove this point.
I do. I'm writing a fighting game, and I take immense pride in cooking up unique femme fatales on Book Earth, made up of ridiculous combinations of real life/fantasy elements. Here are just a few:

Violet Velvet: imagine if Lauryn Hill and Corey Taylor had a daughter, who was raised singing and emceeing on Book Staten Island in the age of Book Wu-Tang, trained from childhood in Scottish weapon-based combat because Book Corey was descended all the way from the real William Wallace, and could flex on the world in both jeans and boots AND designer dresses. In short, the baddest black woman alive.

Alaska, Keeper of Below Lookout: a masked, cybernetically enhanced warrior woman, who keeps watch over Book Shang Tsung's island waiting for the day she's called to action, with a TERRIBLY DARK and tragic backstory, and one half of a mystic pair of twin swords, the other of which is wielded by her one great immortal love, who she's destined to have to one day battle to the death. She is also an enormous anime and professional wrestling buff, who can work the mat at an Olympic Gold Medal level against people twice her size, and can speak six languages, two of which don't exist on Real Earth.

Juliet "Jam" Oleander and Waffles: the daughter of XB The 19'th, the King Of Karate and reigning Ultima Grand Prix Champion; and her adopted baby bear brother, grandson of the legendary SUDDEN BEAR, the legendary blindfolded warrior swordsman who disappeared mysteriously a century before the story begins. Imagine a blonde Lyanna Mormont from Game Of Thrones versed in martial arts, and an adolescent sized Ice Bear from We Bare Bears, but much more energetic and capable of grand violence in defense of their loved ones. They're also avid gamers who have a relatively famous channel called "BREAKFAST," because Jam and Waffles.

Rosie Santeria: in short, young-ish semi-immortal Greek Salma Hayek, with the psychic powers of an Ermac, wielded from inside an ancient otherworldly emerald that contains all the spirits and strengths of her ancestors, who she can call upon to be their vessel when shit needs getting done. Her people were all destroyed in the course of a great war, so she carries them with her across the years to help keep Book Earth safe from certain destruction.

The list goes on. Book Earth is a hell of a place, and it is full of powerful women.

Last edited:

AfroBreezy

TYM's wanted hero
I want the brian cells back that I just lost reading that. Not brain. Brian. That's how much it hurt.

So one tragic murder outweights the totality of everything that's currently in motion, specifically all the other tragic and horrific murders that led up to the events playing out nationally.....how, exactly?

Also, for anyone looking for context instead of just a single dramatically placed hashtag:

"On June 2, 2020, David Dorn, a 77-year-old African-American retired police captain, was fatally shot by a man looting a pawn shop in the early hours of the morning. The incident occurred within the context of the George Floyd protests in St. Louis, Missouri. Wikipedia
Date: June 2, 2020"

He was murdered by looters, both of whom were black. It's fucking terrible, and they should be buried under the goddamn jail, right along with the piece of shit cops who murdered Rayshard Brooks in Atlanta.

Stop trying to detail the point of the thread with your half-assed conspiracy babbling, because politics and worldly affairs is my wheelhouse and I will gladly make you look like a goon even more than you've already done yourself if it means keeping the conversation on track. This debate is being had whether the goofs of the world who don't want any accountability coming near them want it to happen or not, and it's about the FGC and the tumorous individuals contained wherein that need removal, not off-topic lunacy.

George Soros. Unfuckingreal.
This is why there hasn't been a Politics thread on TYM since like 2013; it always leads to distraction stupidity tactics like this.
And yet you can't tell me one thing black ppl can't do in this country. And me half-assed? I dont allow the news to speak for me because they spread bs throughout the media

AfroBreezy

TYM's wanted hero
I can. Its call having the benefit of the doubt.

What world do you live in? Do you truly believe that magically after the the civil rights movement that black people were suddenly equal? If that were true then there wouldn't be cases were cities got sued for housing discrimination. You act like just because a law changed that it makes a persons mindset change, it does not. Heck, in Ohio white people in Parma were still burning crosses in black peoples yard to run them out of town in the 90s and early 2000s! How about that?
Name me one think black ppl can't do in this country?

AfroBreezy

TYM's wanted hero
I can. Its call having the benefit of the doubt.

What world do you live in? Do you truly believe that magically after the the civil rights movement that black people were suddenly equal? If that were true then there wouldn't be cases were cities got sued for housing discrimination. You act like just because a law changed that it makes a persons mindset change, it does not. Heck, in Ohio white people in Parma were still burning crosses in black peoples yard to run them out of town in the 90s and early 2000s! How about that?
What does something that happened in 90s got to do with now? That's the problem with majority of ppl. Too busy stuck in the past. How about how there's over 700,000 Africans inslaved right now in Africa, and 20% of the slaves in Ghana are children. Not to mention that they get rape and killed over there too.

NeonGroovyGator

Vampire mommy simp
What does something that happened in 90s got to do with now? That's the problem with majority of ppl. Too busy stuck in the past. How about how there's over 700,000 Africans inslaved right now in Africa, and 20% of the slaves in Ghana are children. Not to mention that they get rape and killed over there too.
This just in: we can no longer complain about anything in our societies because people have it worse somewhere else. All racial problems in the U.S. are hereby solved. Someone get this man a Nobel Peace Prize.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
And yet you can't tell me one thing black ppl can't do in this country. And me half-assed? I dont allow the news to speak for me because they spread bs throughout the media
Congratulations.

As was said earlier in the thread: they can't have the benefit of the doubt. Or deal with law enforcement without fear of violence. Or love their lives in any capacity without fear of racial indignation or discrimination. Or get small business loans with the same level of ease as white people. They can't let their kids go to school or go on about their lives in the world without giving them the speech of how to deal with cops and racists without getting themselves arrested or killed. They also up until 50 some-odd years had no civil rights on the same level as white people, have dealt with epidemic levels of gerrymandering and gentrification everywhere from Harlem to Georgia to California ever since, and are the reason why the Republican Party is fighting tooth and nail to prevent mail-in voting from becoming nationally available; because they themselves, INCLUDING DONALD TRUMP, have all but admitted that the day that black people can vote fairly on the same scale as everyone else would be the day the GOP never wins another major election again.

I'm not even black and I myself AND my entire family have had to deal personally with levels of all of this just by being Puerto Rican. So the fact that you can say without shame that you think black people aren't INESCAPABLY discriminated against is such a disqualifying stance that it literally pains me. I do not know why you're so determined to die on this hill, but I am going to enjoy watching you make a further fool of yourself trying to derail the conversation with indiscriminate idiocy. Go on. Tell me more about how there's nothing people of color can't do, while providing ZERO legitimate examples of your argument and expecting me to do the work disproving your stance. Nope. This one's on you, until you give up and we can all move on.

Haha, no kidding. On race:

"I support people of all races, I'm not racist, I welcome everyone, we're all the same, I support people protesting peacefully, etc."

Also those people:

"No, don't protest peacefully like that. There's a flag involved."
"No, don't protest peacefully like that. I'm trying to get to work."
"No, don't protest peacefully like that. I've had a long day and I don't want to think about politics."
"No, don't protest peacefully like that. You're defacing public property."
"Destruction and rioting is unacceptable. Find a way to protest peacefully."
"Why can't I make fun of black people anymore?"
"I want better lives for minorities, but in a way that's fAiR fOr EvErYoNe."
"I don't have a problem with black people and women in games, just so long as you don't include black people and women in games, because that's pandering to woke people."
"A white person got shot by a police officer one time, wHeReS tHe OuTrAgE?"

I think some people just want to collect the social points for seeming supportive of people, without paying any of the tax of what that means for their comfort level. Sorry that making change means that stuff changes.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
Haha, no kidding. On race:

"I support people of all races, I'm not racist, I welcome everyone, we're all the same, I support people protesting peacefully, etc."

Also those people:

"No, don't protest peacefully like that. There's a flag involved."
"No, don't protest peacefully like that. I'm trying to get to work."
"No, don't protest peacefully like that. I've had a long day and I don't want to think about politics."
"No, don't protest peacefully like that. You're defacing public property."
"Destruction and rioting is unacceptable. Find a way to protest peacefully."
"Why can't I make fun of black people anymore?"
"I want better lives for minorities, but in a way that's fAiR fOr EvErYoNe."
"I don't have a problem with black people and women in games, just so long as you don't include black people and women in games, because that's pandering to woke people."
"A white person got shot by a police officer one time, wHeReS tHe OuTrAgE?"

I think some people just want to collect the social points for seeming supportive of people, without paying any of the tax of what that means for their comfort level. Sorry that making change means that stuff changes.
You and your avatar are both welcome in the Angelman Administration.

Meanwhile, these lines are still being spewed by people in the face of Trump promoting literal Nazi imagery while banging the drums against the Antifa ideology, so loudly that Facebook FINALLY had to take action and pull his propaganda down.
Yet people are still trying to argue that now isn't the time for the FGC to deal with it's long-festering myriad of racism, sexism, and all horrid things in between, or that it's more important not to let cancel culture get "out of control" when it comes to purging serially offensive players than it is to strike the iron while the forge is hot. If it doesn't get dealt with now, then when? How much more serious does the problem need to get?

Arqwart

D'Vorah for KP2 copium
This thread right here reminds me that some people just don't understand that some ideologies can cause harm even death.

Words CAN motivate action, this is not rocket science.
Not to mention that words have the ability to normalize negative biases. Passive racism, homophobia, sexism, xenophobia, etc. create a culture that cultivates those same negative mentalities because they bolster the idea that the "they" in question (gays, people of color, women, etc.) are simply that: a non-descript "they." When your fellow humans become only a "they" in the underlying part of your mind, those within the "they" become effectively less than human which then results in a complete lack of empathy. You see it everywhere nowadays and it's sickening.

The left? "Libtard snowflakes"
The right? "Regressive boomers"
The centrists? "Spineless fencesitters"
LGBT? "Godless freaks," "disgusting [ban incoming]s"
PoC? "The blacks," [Insert hardcore racist names for various races], "illegals"

Once a culture starts mass labeling groups of people with intentionally negative labels like this, they begin dismissing said groups as a collective cause they're no longer seen as people. They're just "one of them," disconnecting "them" from the "us" in such a way that the "us" is naturally better in every way inherently because we aren't "them." Once you've disregarded people's humanity, you can say, do, or let happen just about anything without feeling much guilt because again, you've created this narrative where "they" are somehow inherently lesser. This is so fucking dangerous, and people need to wake up to how cancerous this mentality is and how important it is that we shut it down wherever it rears its ugly head.