What's new

Exposing Ex-Dash

zaf

professor
Is this common knowledge, that after ex dash passes you, if you jump out you avoid the 2nd hit when reptile is returning?

I can make a video if necessary.

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
also that there is a gap, theres is a option to punish the 2nd hit with armor,
eg ex nut punch etc etc
i THINK somberness said the gap is like 7-8 frames, dont hold me to that though, i have it wrote in my notebook though

still wouldnt say no to a video

Killphil

A prop on the stage of life.
Damn if the gap is 7-8 frames is there a reason for armor if you're say, kitana? Would D1 be feasible? I mean the way I see it wouldn't the gap be larger if you NEED to armor out of it? (Implying that the second hit of EX dash hits your character while they start up their armor move)

EDIT: Yes Zaf video would be good. I wager you'd have a special interest in reptile because he's such a pain in that ass match for Ermac? Once in a blue moon, I can beat my friend's Reptile with Ermac, so any additional info on how to deal with his shit is always a plus. I've been wanting to pick Reptile up, just for this reason, but every time I play my friend I want to break my controller.

RapZiLLa54

Monster Island Tournaments
It depends what strings or the distance he does ex dash. For instance 321EX dash as a block string probably gives you a 7-8 frame window where 124Ex dash as a block string gives you a 5-6 frame window.

Jumping out is a bitch and just leads to his incredible oki game if you get hit (which you most likely will) so that doesn't scare Reptile at all. Armored moves or xrays definitely work.

You have to be expecting it to punish it.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
If the opponent is expecting it, they can punish it, though you can make it harder to punish using 2 or 4.

zaf

professor
I think i found some other feasible options outside of jumping
I will make a video in fact.
Thtb/Rapzlla i need your help for something. I just need to know which blockstrings you would use an ex dash after.
Id like to test with all of his blockstrings that go with ex dash.

rap posted this

"for instance 321ex dash as a blockstring probably vies you 7-8 frame windows where 124EX dash as a block string gives you a 5-6 frame windows"

So should i just make more tests including just these 2 blockstrings?
Also, do any reptiles use ex dash outside of blockstrings? Like use it just to get in?
I feel like this is just like scorpions ex tele. I used to lose to scorpions cuz i let them get away with ex tele. but now that i found ways around it and full punishes, it doesnt bother me anymore. and yess Killphil i was hard of reptile. losing to really weaker players just cuz they out gimmicked me and i had no answer for them. im learning what made me lose and fixing this.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
I'll use it off of d3 and d4, and I'll use it naked as well.