What's new

General/Other - Erron Black Erron Black General Discussion Thread

Sage Leviathan

I'm platinum mad!
Alright so I was randomly labbing and found out 4 jails into (gunslinger) stance 2, 3 and semi 4 (I tested on sub icey slide and his armour comes out after the first hit of stance 4 so it could work against reversal that don't advance?). Am I the only one who just found out about this?

I was a little excited until I learned 4 is a high and 16 start up frame, though, against sub zero icey slide reversal, jump in 2 into 4 is guaranteed. Do you guys think this is just a gimmick move or could it be useful. Maybe in the corner on oki?

@xGunShow
@Farmer
@SonicFox5000
@Thanilla Ice
@DownfouralitY
@wsj515
@Sage Leviathan
@HeroesNZ
@Everyone else
I didn't know that. Is it a (mostly) universal thing for s4 to have great cancel advantage?

Noob
Is it me or Erron got a new line in the Beta

When I took a round of Johnny Cage, Erron said, "Does anyone like me?" in a sarcastic/whiny kind of tone. I never heard this before. Is this new or did Erron always have this line?

Is it me or Erron got a new line in the Beta

When I took a round of Johnny Cage, Erron said, "Does anyone like me?" in a sarcastic/whiny kind of tone. I never heard this before. Is this new or did Erron always have this line?
An Erron beat my Johnny Cage and I heard the same thing! I was like wtf

Noob
Idk if it's the recording or what, but that sounds absolutely terrible lol. Like he recorded it through a phone or something.
Seems like those lines where the voice actors are just gagging/goofing around (blooper type stuff) but the voice files are still kept. And then one day the devs just add it in the game.

Noob
On patch stream if anyone missed, they quickly went through Erron

Marksman run cancels a lot easier to do, I think they said it has faster startup
SAND TRAP ON HIT IS FUCKING PLUS AGAIN, YESS
THEY FIXED EX-SAND GERNADE, ITS MORE PLUS AGAIN. THEY DIDN'T SAY ANYTHING ABOUT THE PUSH BACK OR SHOW IT.

OUR CRYING WORKED BOYS :DOGE

Crathen

Death is my business
Sand Trap being a lil more plus is a good change finally.

Sand Granade being a lil more plus is cool , we'll have to see if pushback is still beta status.

Marksman combos being easier to hit means better hit advantage on some strings not faster rifle cancels imo.

We'll have to wait for patch notes to see if his mids gets sped up a lil bit.

On patch stream if anyone missed, they quickly went through Erron

Marksman run cancels a lot easier to do, I think they said it has faster startup
SAND TRAP ON HIT IS FUCKING PLUS AGAIN, YESS
THEY FIXED EX-SAND GERNADE, ITS MORE PLUS AGAIN. THEY DIDN'T SAY ANYTHING ABOUT THE PUSH BACK OR SHOW IT.

OUR CRYING WORKED BOYS :DOGE
Oh come on , he didnt need easier run cancels :/ and yeah the ex sg is + but how + And does it have the pushback ?? We dont know atm so its early , as for the command grab buff ( hit adv ) it looked slightly plus ( like +10) no idea , hopefully its what i hope , also when did they say that his cancels were easier ?

On a side note it feels soo good knowing that command grab is + , my dream is that the ex sg mind game same as before and f2 to be 10f and sand trap adv , 2 of which are true so im happy so far.

Not to mention fkn leatherface has a 6f command grab that restands and is plus 36 on hit :/

Noob
Oh come on , he didnt need easier run cancels :/ and yeah the ex sg is + but how + And does it have the pushback ?? We dont know atm so its early , as for the command grab buff ( hit adv ) it looked slightly plus ( like +10) no idea , hopefully its what i hope , also when did they say that his cancels were easier ?
Paulo said it.

I rewatched it and he said they increased hit advantage on errons normal and so it will make his rifle cancels easier to do.

Last edited:
Paulo said it.

I rewatched it and he said they increased hit advantage on errons normal and so it will make his rifle cancels easier to do.
Not really fan of the easy stuff ,But wouldn't that mean that people wont be able to jump out of f13 ex sg now ( if the touched it) if its a yes then its huge.

dennycascade

UPR_ghastem
If errons strings got more advantage on hit just like ferra torr's, that could open up a lot of conversions for marksman and increase his damage.
When mkxl comes I'll have to test

21122 gun cancel into 21122
F3 gun cancel into 21222
B32 gun cancel into 21122 (already possible, just extremely hard)
B33 gun cancel into b33 (for better damage)

What else would be useful to link?

Noob
Not sure if anyone saw but MKXL has a trophy made for sonicfox and erron black. Its called Fox Finish and you have to kill the opponent with caltrops (last hit).

We now don't have to worry about caltrops not killing on last hit nerf as its now a trophy :DOGE

Northern Slasher

Heads or Tails X
I'm having a hell of a time linking 21122 into command grab. Is there a trick to it?

Also what's the goto BNB for outlaw that doesn't involve a njp after b32u1?

Noob
I'm having a hell of a time linking 21122 into command grab. Is there a trick to it?

Also what's the goto BNB for outlaw that doesn't involve a njp after b32u1?
Buffer in DB2 but the new Erron can only link 21 into command grab (Not sure if thats changed in the day 1 patch but thats how it is in the beta). So all you need to know is, while you input 21 you buffer in db and then press 2.

B32U1 that doesn't involve NJP for outlaw
Run into B33 stab
B3 into 21122 slide
just 21122 slide
2112 command grab

there is a bunch and do more or less the same damage as the bread and butter NJP combo.

The Farmer

Gunslinger since pre ptch -Shout out 2 Youphs 2015
Can he still use his command grab in combos, or does he have to MB it now?
You have to MB it when linking a combo on hit. Say, you confirm 2112, you can sand tackle with MB. If you do regular sand tackle on a confirmed string it will wiff. You can still tick the grab without MB on a few strings.