What's new

General/Other - Erron Black Erron Black General Discussion Thread

ConquaY

I play a bug lady, Bruce Lee and a cowboy.
in the corner you can do B33 ex sand grenade 4 db4 B2 SO 2 NJP 21122 tackle.
So this combo is doing 42%, but this damage is possible without SO 2 NJP just doing 21122 tackle after the B2. So wouldn't this have been the same as pre-patch damage but with easier execution? Also this only seems viable on male characters as SO2 NJP 21122 has been wiffing on mileena while B2 21122 has been hitting consistently.

ConquaY

I play a bug lady, Bruce Lee and a cowboy.
Are the gun cancels for marksman just super tight now or are they no longer possible?
I have been practicing gun cancels for the last 15 mins and i can't even get 11 GC 11 to combo never mind F13 and B33. Maybe I am not doing them quick enough but it doesn't seem combo for me.

The Farmer

Gunslinger since pre ptch -Shout out 2 Youphs 2015
I'm on PC so I'll be behind on the patch but I can't wait to play around with Gunslinger. Hat tier returns! (not really but I'm still excited)
Jim I'm coming to gga this week, let's brainstorm, that is if your attending.

Noob
I still get punished by everything though. Tried it on Kung Lao and Sub Zero

Oh wait I was looking at the wrong move xD

F12 is -1 on hit

Groove Heaven

Jobber-baron
Outlaw lost OS
Marksman gun cancels seem way less safe
Gunslinger is lit

So I guess we're all Gunslinger mains now :p

Seriously, though, does anyone know what changes they're reverting pertaining to Marksman? I can still hit the cancel combos fine, what worries me is getting blown up every time I try to make my 50/50s safe with gun cancels.

Outlaw lost OS
Marksman gun cancels seem way less safe
Gunslinger is lit

So I guess we're all Gunslinger mains now :p

Seriously, though, does anyone know what changes they're reverting pertaining to Marksman? I can still hit the cancel combos fine, what worries me is getting blown up every time I try to make my 50/50s safe with gun cancels.
I believe that the run cancels ARE a bug and they will be fixed along with Tanya's throw soon. Check the official patch notes thread, there's a warning on there about it

The Farmer

I finally have the patch and I'm finding that sos2 kind of scales a bit wonky. Some combos I'm better off omitting at times for the same damage.

I finally have the patch and I'm finding that sos find of scales bit wonky. Some combos I'm better off omitting at times for the same damage.
Yeah.. Honestly i'm kind of bummed, I thought it could be used as a replacement for db4 in the corner or midscreen but db4 scales wayyyy better. I can't find any good use for sos2 and it's kind of a shitty AA.

The Farmer

Yeah.. Honestly i'm kind of bummed, I thought it could be used as a replacement for db4 in the corner or midscreen but db4 scales wayyyy better. I can't find any good use for sos2 and it's kind of a shitty AA.
Agreed. The biggest gains seem to be the recovery on all the pistol specials. Money shots are all -5 or less on block. That's pretty big from before when they were -12 and -14. Sos3 is -6. Hell spin shot is -14, that's pretty safe from mid and beyond. Mix sand grenade in and that's decent zoning. At least it's safe to fire more aggressively. You really had to take risk and make reads before.

Harlequin969

Always press buttons
So does this cement Gunslinger as a more Zoning variation trying to pressure with money shot, retreating shot and sand grenades? Because combo wise e has to work very hard for not the best returns meterless.

The Farmer

I'm testing his zoning right now. And it seems that from full screen you can roll a sand grenade and fire far coin ,they block the grenade and return fire you can block the return they get hit with coin shot. Tested this on Cutthroat Kano.

Groove Heaven

Jobber-baron
I'm really just using SOS2 as a meterless confirm out of 2112 so far. My biggest problem with Gunslinger was always that he had no option to launch without meter (other than db4 in the corner against male characters lol), so I'm pretty excited that he can get some returns on his confirms.

My idea is this so far: if you do a lot of f13~SOS4 or f13~EX bf3 and your opponent starts to get the idea to armor after they block the f13, do f13~SOS2 to break their armor and launch for a combo. Not 100% sure if this even works but I can't lab it right now. f1~SOS2 might be a better idea since it actually combos on hit.

The last hit of SOS3 is very easy to armor through, dunno how that's gonna play out in the meta.

The Farmer

If you do sand grenade full screen and follow with sos4. They trade and there is enough recovery to sprint the screen and meaty lol. Sos4 is tech able though

Last edited: