What's new

Match-up Discussion Ermac Matchup chart by Metzos

Killphil

A prop on the stage of life.
Ermac is def. 6-4 or 7-3 vs. Kratos. He's one of the chosen character's whose specials beat out his parry. That combined with the general "go low" advice that applies to any character vs. Kratos gives Ermac a big advantage.

Killphil

A prop on the stage of life.
Hard to think about, they both can check each other and both have teleports. Ermac makes people respect his tkp range. Scorpion from full screen has hellfire and iatp to get in. This is the tricky part, because in a fist fight scorpion is the faster...ehh..its kinda hard for me to discuss scorpion much, since I rely too much on his d4 and 50/50 mixups off the vortex. Care to explain why you think its 6-4 scorpion? (I'm trying not to theory fight with scenarios so I have to give this watered down explanation first)

Sage Leviathan

I'm platinum mad!
Well, i fought Slips and heres what ive learned:

-Scorp fullscreen is a problem because he can Hellfire, and Ermac needs to be at east 3/4 screen to do damage
-With decent reactions he can AA Spear/1/2/3/d1/Tele
-Outside of d1, Ermac has trouble with escaping pressure
-Ermacs comeback potential isnt the highest
-Scorps comeback potential is arguably the best
-Throws are good for damage, but put Scorp at fullscreen (see bullet 1 and 2)
-EXTele is a problem
-Scorp has better and much safer pressure

Thrown against Ermac and everything that he is amazing at doing, i believe this material constitutes a 6-4.

Hitoshura

Head Cage
I'm not trying to blow you up Sage but Ermac comeback potential is one of the best in the game. The fact his bnbs due close to half health w/ no meter provides enough evidence to back my statement up.

If anyone has shit comeback potential its Noob

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
Well, i fought Slips and heres what ive learned:

-Scorp fullscreen is a problem because he can Hellfire, and Ermac needs to be at east 3/4 screen to do damage
-With decent reactions he can AA Spear/1/2/3/d1/Tele
-Outside of d1, Ermac has trouble with escaping pressure
-Scorps comeback potential is arguably the best
-Throws are good for damage, but put Scorp at fullscreen (see bullet 1 and 2)
-EXTele is a problem
-Scorp has better and much safer pressure

Thrown against Ermac and everything that he is amazing at doing, i believe this material constitutes a 6-4.
I m not sure i m following you with some of this Sage. From fullscreen i also have my projectile.
About the AA options we both have the same.
About pressure yes i have d1 AND d3 (why is everyone keep forgetting d3 i still cant understand).
Ermac's comeback potential is one of the best in the game. You know anyone else besides Cyrax who can do a 56% dmg combo from a jump in with one bar ? No one comes to my mind.
Agreed but its also the riskiest in the game.
Throws are great plus after a throw i can just dash in to reduce the distance and go to TKP range and Scorpion has nothing there.
EXTele can be punished for 32% dmg from Ermac with d1 to lift.
Same pressure with Ermac if you mean Scorpion's 111 pressure. I can just down poke his 1st hit.

So i must insist that this MU is even at best.

EDIT: Ermac can also bait Scorpions AA spears with air-blasts. Keep that in mind.

Sage Leviathan

I'm platinum mad!
So i must insist that this MU is even at best.

EDIT: Ermac can also bait Scorpions AA spears with air-blasts. Keep that in mind.
Hmm, perhaps its just me playing wrong :p
Because i cant disagree with any of what you two said.

Ill rethink my playstyle vs Scorp, thanks guys!

SunnyD

24 Low Hat!
i have to agree that Scorpion is better fullscreen than Ermac. ex spear on reaction to pretty much anything and you eat 35% combo plus vortex. As always, Ermac excels in the tkp range.

Flagg

Noob
Oh, is this the thread where every sensitive player there is, steamrolls into Metsoz thread demanding to know why Ermac is 6-4 against their character or that their character flat out wins?

Anyways, I was playing around with Ermac last night.... I think I could like playing him. He has lots of little tricks which I like. I mean his mid air palm push, you can probably bait out lots of AA's and punish accordingly.

zaf

professor
i think we need to discuss kitana and ermac metzos. kit players rushdown more and i believe kitana can out footsie ermac

Sent from my GT-S5830D using Tapatalk

KamikazeJD

Makes women fap
Ok guys? Whats up with the Jax mu? He is becoming a heavily used character now, but I feel we can definitely win this war with some very very underground tech that nobody talks about. Ermacs hitbox makes this mu very winnable. Jax's ground pound mixup, which is a huge intimidating factor is null and void, making it a game of footsies and anticipating jump kicks and punishing accordingly.

KamikazeJD

Makes women fap
Im mainly talkin bout his ground pound. Did you know with a perfectly timed d4 the ground pound whiffs? Only the regular, not ex