What's new

General/Other - Ermac Ermac General Discussion Thread

Temjiin

www.mkxframedata.com
Not fishing for buffs (he doesn't need anything IMO) but does anyone else think -51 is a bit extreme for a move that does 4% damage? *

*I know you can get over 30%+ with meter and it combos in Mystic. Irrelevant.

Noob
Not fishing for buffs (he doesn't need anything IMO) but does anyone else think -51 is a bit extreme for a move that does 4% damage? *

i think you mean FL, hmm hmmm thinking... im actually ok with Lift being that punishable, I would like push to be a little less negative tho... other than that the only thing i would to do Ermac and this is not so much a buff but just giving him a another relevant footsie tool would be making the 3 in the 34 string a mid... i quite like that string at some ranges cause of the kick leap he does, but i feel the 3 being a high takes some of its usefullness away... But oh well cant have it all can we...

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
I believe Ermac is the most balanced character in the game. Unsafe 50/50's which lead to very high damage (MoS), excellent pokes, good AA's, good screen control and a very good punisher.

He is a high risk/high reward character, much like MK9 Scorpion. My only issue is his b1 normal. NRS should clarify if that move is indeed a broken mid or a true high.

His lift move is supposed to be used for ending combos since its a hkd IIIRC or for midscreen AA's. I dont find it that an issue tbh with you. I havent played the character for quite sometime now, but he is still my favorite character in the MK universe.

Temjiin

www.mkxframedata.com
I believe Ermac is the most balanced character in the game. Unsafe 50/50's which lead to very high damage (MoS), excellent pokes, good AA's, good screen control and a very good punisher.

He is a high risk/high reward character, much like MK9 Scorpion. My only issue is his b1 normal. NRS should clarify if that move is indeed a broken mid or a true high.

His lift move is supposed to be used for ending combos since its a hkd IIIRC or for midscreen AA's. I dont find it that an issue tbh with you. I havent played the character for quite sometime now, but he is still my favorite character in the MK universe.
Well I like to use it for AA but the hitbox isn't great and if mistimed it's party time for anyone. The reward is 4% and -51 seems insanely disproportional risk. But meh, blast was fixed and I've no complaints. Just wondering if anyone else thought the same as me.

Well I like to use it for AA but the hitbox isn't great and if mistimed it's party time for anyone. The reward is 4% and -51 seems insanely disproportional risk. But meh, blast was fixed and I've no complaints. Just wondering if anyone else thought the same as me.
just ex lift them if they randomly jump at mid distance or if they whiff moves

Dope Dojo

The Bomb Diggity
The hit box on lift is pretty not great when it comes to deep jump ins. From sweep distance and back it's fine. I wish it did more then 4% but as Niko pointed out you do have the option of doing ex lift. Hell you could even use Soul Burst up or Soul Ball if you time it right. Other then that I'd just stick to d4 b1, d2 or even ji3.

Noob
I've also noticed the lack of arguing or even heated debates here. It's nice.
Well we all love Ermac in here and we accept he has flaws, well not flaws he has character traits LOL, besides we all like helping each other out, and i believe thats why the Ermac community evolves so quickly, sharing the love mann XD

methademic

UPR Methademic
Well we all love Ermac in here and we accept he has flaws, well not flaws he has character traits LOL, besides we all like helping each other out, and i believe thats why the Ermac community evolves so quickly, sharing the love mann XD
You know I was just thinking earlier about how ermac seems a lot more fleshed out than other characters (admittedly mostly talking about mos) and I honestly think it's because of this right here. Instead of 40 pages of bickering we use 15 pages of piecing the puzzle together lol

migosan

MK Philippines / Injustice Philippines
we are many but we are one!, amazing group of like minded souls in here, only striving to keep our ermacs better despite his flaws, agree with @Metzos too, for me he's like the mk9 scorpion, high risk high reward, with punishable 50 50s.. imo should be the way 50 50 vortexes should be :), other than that yeah, maybe a lil damage buff or less - frames on mystic push (because i really love this variation in tune with his space control roots in mk9 despite mos clearly being superior), and im complete, :)

we are many but we are one!, amazing group of like minded souls in here, only striving to keep our ermacs better despite his flaws, agree with @Metzos too, for me he's like the mk9 scorpion, high risk high reward, with punishable 50 50s.. imo should be the way 50 50 vortexes should be :), other than that yeah, maybe a lil damage buff or less - frames on mystic push (because i really love this variation in tune with his space control roots in mk9 despite mos clearly being superior), and im complete, :)
his ex push should do 10 % dmg instead of 6% i mean its still super punishable.
Or make ex push a little bit safer or even the regular one

zaf

professor
his ex push should do 10 % dmg instead of 6% i mean its still super punishable.
Or make ex push a little bit safer or even the regular one
I've been using Mystic more recently. I think mystic might be better against sub then MoS. What are your thoughts on that? Way easier to punish clone if done out of a block string. It does suck that sub can just slide if he blocks a tkp, so there is always that to be thinking about. One of the problems that mystic has I found at least, is that like you mentioned, ex push is only 6%... I figured it traded damage for the heal. But the heal is so small, is it really worth the bar?

I've been using Mystic more recently. I think mystic might be better against sub then MoS. What are your thoughts on that? Way easier to punish clone if done out of a block string. It does suck that sub can just slide if he blocks a tkp, so there is always that to be thinking about. One of the problems that mystic has I found at least, is that like you mentioned, ex push is only 6%... I figured it traded damage for the heal. But the heal is so small, is it really worth the bar?
in that match up i would use MoS cause sub can punish push easily with slide

Temjiin

www.mkxframedata.com
I've thought this for a long time, I think it's the only MU (and KJ for me too) where I prefer Mystic.

What is your max damage from raw hang though? (my punish for clone/EX bo swing)

zaf

professor
I've thought this for a long time, I think it's the only MU (and KJ for me too) where I prefer Mystic.

What is your max damage from raw hang though? (my punish for clone/EX bo swing)
I am not sure off the top of my head. Off a raw hang i usually try to do the PPJ/Nikolasss combo. Which is you step forward slightly. Enter in F21D2, but you let the first 2 hits whiff, so only the last hit hits them. You then run cancel into uppercut, then end with push.

Noob
I really wish they did some ajustments to Mystic, i quite like that variation, but the fact that push is so punishable is not worth its utility, even with the Hp/meter gain/drain respectivly i just dont see it being that much of a usefull move, i mean what are the gains here: Hp/Meter/Dmg are low gains and losses for both you and your opponent and you gain some space, while nice, in a game with a run button, that space is almost meaningless... Cons : heavely punishable even from near its max range of use some hcaracter can easely get in and your trading off what? those smal little pros against taking a possible 32+% combo that will most likely carry you to the corner on most match ups giving you little options =S, i dunno guys, seriously, Push would have to do atleast 8 to 10% along with its already existing perks, and be a lot safer to remotely warrent its usage =S, thats just my opinion tho...

Dope Dojo

The Bomb Diggity
I get that ex TKP drains meter but they still get meter for being hit which seems like kind of a waste.

What do you guys do for damage in Mystic? At best I can hit 30 maybe a little higher but it doesn't seem worth it compared to MOS.

migosan

I think we all have the same thoughts regarding mystic, for me a little fix for the normal and ex push, for the normal one its either make it 15 or 17? Well its hella punishable by anything haha, or lessen the - frames on recovery, kinda like the one in mk9, as for ex push, same proposed 15 - 17 damage, i dont mind not having the life gain as its totally useless imo, or 10% damage but it drains 1 whole bar of meter, yep same thoughts with 14k, i really love this variation as it sticks true with ermac's space control roots, but as of now its like im always at a disadvantage when im trying to risk a mixup and do a long combo and just get around 31-35 with a meter damage, as for the sub gm vs mystic matchup, yep its really risky, any blocked tele push can be easily punished by a slide, and that pushes you closer to the corner, kinda wish soul burst can shatter klones upclose, haha

Noob
I think we all have the same thoughts regarding mystic, for me a little fix for the normal and ex push, for the normal one its either make it 15 or 17? Well its hella punishable by anything haha, or lessen the - frames on recovery, kinda like the one in mk9, as for ex push, same proposed 15 - 17 damage, i dont mind not having the life gain as its totally useless imo, or 10% damage but it drains 1 whole bar of meter, yep same thoughts with 14k, i really love this variation as it sticks true with ermac's space control roots, but as of now its like im always at a disadvantage when im trying to risk a mixup and do a long combo and just get around 31-35 with a meter damage, as for the sub gm vs mystic matchup, yep its really risky, any blocked tele push can be easily punished by a slide, and that pushes you closer to the corner, kinda wish soul burst can shatter klones upclose, haha
The thing is even tho i feel the changes i said would fix the move itself, it will not fix the problem that i feel the character has in that variation. Lets take this to the more basic needs of such a move in the grand scheme of things, this move is intended to be a space creator correct? well it performs its function well enouth... but heres the deal in any fighting game ever, the need to create space between you and your opponent has only 1 objective, start a zonning game where your opponent might not have the tools to get in as easily, case and point Kenshi... well Ermac has no such Zooning, they took away his straight fireball to make MOS more unique, sooooo.... if he has no zooning tools why do you need to create such space? there is no reason what so ever... you are actually giving up positioning by doing TKP cause you just gave your opponent enouth space to start a neutral game where you cannot follow up pressure... So like i said before in a game with a run button and characters that teleport TKP is useless with out a zooning tool to complement it...

migosan

Welp yes you got that right, haha, totally forgot he has those shao kahn like green projectiles in mk9, i used those a lot and yep, you have a point there, right now im just settling for the ground smash as my main zoning tool to somehow compliment his push